home

Author Topic: A song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones game by CMON  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
A song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones game by CMON
« on: October 27, 2018, 05:39:56 PM »
The kickstarter campaign was sucessful last year. Since then, new sets have been released and everything looks promising and interesting enough to warrant it's own thread I think.

https://cmon.com/product/a-song-of-ice-fire-tmg

The miniatures are obviously 3D designed (= certain drawbacks) and are targeted more at board game players than miniature collectors, but they are looking quite good non the less. I tried to search for information regarding the scale of the miniatures, but somehow could not find anything. It's also difficult to find pictures of painted examples, let alone pictures with a scale comparison with other miniatures.

Did anyone buy some already?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: A song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones game by CMON
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »
I almost went in on the kickstarter but got turned off by the scale. It's not terrible, but they are a good head and shoulders taller then a GW guy. More like 32-35mm I believe. Models like the Mountain would be literal giants.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 06:28:44 PM »
https://cmon.com/product/a-song-of-ice-fire-tmg

Wait a sec, where can you see the actual minis? Because all I'm seeing is box art, descriptions and price tags.

Only the boxed sets show a single overview pic. Don't tell me I need to visit the kickstarter to get some actual decent mini pics.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 08:22:20 PM »
To the rescue!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »

and yet no matter where I look I cant find any scale pictures. Just confirmed that most of them are 32mm to eye level.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 11:02:35 PM »

Wait a sec, where can you see the actual minis? Because all I'm seeing is box art, descriptions and price tags.

There are some pictures of the minis themself somewhere on their site, but difficult to find. I don't know why.

Edit: Pictures can apparently only be found in the news section, when they introduce a new miniature set: https://cmon.com/news

and yet no matter where I look I cant find any scale pictures. Just confirmed that most of them are 32mm to eye level.

Too bad. I saw some conversion potential here, but in this case ... This is definitely too tall to mix with any of my miniatures.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:06:31 PM by Victor »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 11:59:26 PM »
That's why I didn't end up doing the kickstarter. The scale through me off.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 02:24:24 PM »
Yep, I remember the kickstarter, but when realizing their size, it didn't appeal to me.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra