home

Author Topic: Ships  (Read 117277 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Ships
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 04:31:35 PM »
I'd put Columbus on the very tail end of the period the WH Empire is (more or less) based on.
Plus, he had no idea how far exactly he was going to have to go to get anywhere (other than the Edge of the World....).

Columbus did have an estimate of the distance around the world, it was just much too small. Fortunately for him, there was a surprising new continent in the way. Also, no one involved thought the world was flat. Blame Washington Irving for that bit of nonsense.

Anyway, The Empire is more 16th century than anything.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »
It happened to co-incide with A3 rather than be done for it. Wanted to get some practice sculpting since I did some plaguebearers and loved sculpting on them. Working on rules after the deadline period is over and I can get back to Somerset.

Mogsam.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »

Simulating naval warfare on a scale larger than a one-on-one boarding action is going to be very problematic space wise for most gamers if you want to use your 28 mm Warhammer figures.
One thing you could try is to run something like a campaign (assuming you can get a few other gamers interested in that sort of thing) where the naval action is simulated by Man O'War or other naval rules (Wooden Ships and Iron Men, for example) and once the crews of 2 ships actually come to blows, you switch the action to a standard wargames table and play it pretty much like a regular WH game.

Most gamers don't have the attention span for that sort of campaign, but maybe you are lucky and know a few people who do.

I forget the series titles, but I've read several naval theme novels that follow a naval captain's exploits be he pirate or Royal Navy or whatever.  In each series the pivotal scene is a ship to ship duel with the notorious arch enemy captain.  My friends and I are primarily interested in those kinds of actions as opposed to fleet conflicts.  If I've implied otherwise I didn't intend to. Like all gamers we've over-reached the intended scale on occasion but as I've said before on this thread we don't foresee playing on a bigger than 6x8 table. (Maybe 6x12!)

I am using a set of rules written with the size of action I have in mind.  I also have several other similar rules sets available to use and we cannibalize rules as the situation arises.  I am having a really good time with this so my posts on this thread are aimed at sharing resources and encouraging any scale of naval action but specifically 28 mm. 

Wooden Ships and Iron Men!  Great game!

Mogsam@ I look forward to your rules development.

:::cheers:::
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:11:20 PM by Von Kurst »
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »
We just played the finale of Sartosa 3 last Thursday night - a Naval game with four players and six ships!

Photos and a report on Da Warpath here:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=22901&view=findpost&p=1378679

We used the General's Compendium rules with some home-brew mods:

Warhammer Fantasy: Naval Battles

These are amendments to amendments to the ‘Boats in Warhammer Chapter of the Warhammer: General’s Compendium, page 128. All rules apply as normal, unless stated otherwise below.

The Size of Things (Pg 130)
The players agree a points limit for each side to spend on its ships, war machines and crews. (Note Decks are no longer considered.)
Dinghy 0 points
Small Ship 125 points
Medium Ship 200 points
Large Ship 300 points

Outfitting Ships with War Machines (Pg137)
Ships may be armed with Carronades at +50 points each. Carronades have the following profile:
(Cannon War Machine) Range: 36” Strength: 7 Damage: D3 (Grapeshot is half strength)
Each Carronade comes with two War Machine Crew which will be identical to the ‘crew’ that usually man the army’s war machines in their Army Book.

Ships may also be armed with Swivel Guns at +20 points each. It will be fixed to a point on the Ship and must have a model in base to base to fire, other than this it follows the rules for Swivel Gun (Pg 161) of the General’s Compendium. Swivel Guns do not count towards the number of War Machines the ship is allowed.

Ignore the options available in the General’s Compendium. Players must agree with their opponent beforehand and decide an appropriate points cost to fit War Machines from their Army Book.

Armies (Pg 139)
Points may be spent on infantry/troops, including at least one Core choice, and up to one Hero level character per full 1000pts from the army’s Army Book. Choices must be legal units, i.e. legal unit sizes.
There must be enough space aboard each ship to carry its crew.

Shooting from a Ship (Pg 139)
Models with missile weapons (including Move-or-Fire weapons, like Crossbows) may pivot on the spot and still shoot. The only exception is when these models fire as part of a Stand and Shoot reaction- targets must be within their line of sight.

Difference in Deck Height (Pg 145)
There is no bonus for taller ships, ignore this section.  However, models attempting to assault a ship’s fore- or aft-castle from the waist of a ship count as attacking a defended obstacle. If assaulting waist-to-waist or fore-/aft-castle-to- fore-/aft-castle, resolve the attack as normal.

Boarding Actions
• When two ships come into contact, work out whether they are Headlong (enemy ship is Bow On to attacking ship) or Alongside (enemy ship is Abeam to attacking ship). If it’s a headlong attack work out ramming damage.
• Once the ram has been resolved, the ships should realign. If the ships are not perpendicular, rotate both ships by as equal an angle as possible until they are.
• Once this is complete, move the attacking ship D6” either forwards or backwards to maximise the amount of hull-to-hull contact.
• Crew from both ships may now make a free 2” move to get into combat positions (This is in addition to any additional charge/normal moves the attackers wish to make)
• If there is room, models may use their free move or charge to move onto the enemy ship. They must pass the normal leaping aboard roll!
• Any model that is in contact with an enemy model, or would be in contact with an enemy model if it were not for the ship’s bulwarks, may make its full attacks as normal.
• No model ever counts bonuses/disadvantages for charging on a ship. The conditions are too cramped and awkward to gain sufficient momentum.
• To allow for various unusual shapes of hull etc, models may attack across a gap of up to 3” (they can be assumed to be swinging from the rigging, etc).
• Each model that attacks from its own ship and inflicts an unsaved wound may move onto the enemy ship where the model he killed was stood (he must pass a leaping aboard test to get there though)

Combat Resolution (Pg 145)
Ignore this section in the General’s Compendium, instead each model that had a friendly model removed as a casualty within 2” during the Combat Phase (Boarding Action turn) must pass a Leadership test at the end of the Combat Phase (Boarding Action turn), if failed and the model is aboard it’s own ship it will move directly away from the enemy ship the shortest route to drop into the sea (essentially the crewman panics and leaps from the ship).
If failed and the model is aboard an enemy ship it will attempt to move back on board it’s own ship if possible, and into the water if not able to.

If 50% or more of the starting total Unit Strength of the Crew i.e. your starting army, has been killed there is a -1 to the Leadership test.

Loser Takes a Break Test (Pg 145)
Ignore this section in the General’s Compendium, instead a player must take a Leadership at the end of the Combat Phase (Boarding Action turn) test if 50% or more of the starting total Unit Strength of the Crew i.e. your starting army, has been killed and the Ship is involved in a Boarding Action, if failed the Crew will ‘Abandon Ship’ as described in the General’s Compendium.
Swimming
A model in water gets a "reverse armour save" at the start of every turn to be able to swim. They have to fail their armour save, so a model with light armour can swim safely on 1-5 but drowns on a 6. A model in full plate armour drowns on 4+!
A model which has been swimming becomes ‘soaked’:  Soaked models have -1 to hit when shooting.  This becomes -2 if the weapons has the armour piercing rule. If the model doesn’t need BS (eg war machine, breath weapon etc) it can only fire on 4+. Models stay soaked for the rest of the battle.
Flyers
While using their flying movement, the water doesn’t count as difficult or impassable terrain for flyers (i.e. they can end their move/flee over it and not be destroyed). If a flyer finds itself over water but unable to fly (e.g. due to a spell) use the swimming rules, although they can move out of the water as normal soon as they can fly again.
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 04:38:01 PM »
Great report and pictures! Yarr!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 06:36:33 PM »
I really think that next year's EuroBash should have sea battles ................

Soth has the clubhouse and the tables for a mega battle  :icon_exclaim:

We should be building ships now ready for some Naval Mayhem .............

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2008, 05:59:56 AM »
Ahoy there, ya lubbers!

I have been doing a lot of work on ships for Seahammer.  I believe old Arrberg (J/S) had linked up one of my sites for creating Arabian Dhows.  Silly git forgot to link up the rest of the fleet.

I have a tutorial on building ships out of pink insulation board here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=22660

I have three ships in the painting booth and will be completed as soon as A3 is wrapped up.  You can see the fleet in the link above.  On my drawing board are a corvette (Bretonnian frigate) and a greenskin brig.  The foam is already cut out for those ships.  Yes, I am that crazy!

I also was completing the Emporer's Dreadnaught for my son.  A tutorial can be found here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=20872

Of course, I abandoned that ship and the hull is going to become the base for a greenskin hulk. 

For those of you who are not inclined to build a whole fleet or even one ship, there is another way to get decent ships.  Gary Chalk created some nifty plans for creating ships for tabletops, and those plans are alive and for sale today here:

http://minimi.co.uk/pirates/index.htm

Of course, if you would rather build something like one of these, here is a good tutorial on how to do that:

http://6mm.wargaming.info/page1010.shtml

I would highly recommend reading the Master and Commander series by Patrick O'Brien.  This really gets your juices flowing, especially with Jack Aubrey's first command (The Sophie) in Master and Commander. There are some really good battles and scenarios that you can play on the tabletop.

As far as our A3 Campaign, it is almost over. I was hoping for more naval action considering the amount of sea tiles and island bases available, but only a couple of enterprising gits got after those locations.  Pssst: they were easy points to get for your faction!  I am encouraged that some folks did play Man-O-War and Seahammer as part of the campaign.  There were some events, scenarios and epic sea battles that we never explored as part of the A3 Campaign, and I have tucked them away for future campaigns.  Trust me, I have some ideas!

BTW, kudos to all the CIM folks for including sea battles.  That was a really fun campaign and I tip my greenskin hat to them.  It really got me motivated to get these ships in shape and tabletop ready.

Regardless, in future campaigns, I will definitely encourage having sea battles or river battle as part of the game.  It is a lot of fun and really opens the door to something new. 

Good luck!

Goomb

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2008, 04:57:43 PM »
I would highly recommend reading the Master and Commander series by Patrick O'Brien.  This really gets your juices flowing, especially with Jack Aubrey's first command (The Sophie) in Master and Commander. There are some really good battles and scenarios that you can play on the tabletop.

Could not agree more mate!  :::cheers::: Patrick O'Brien is my god!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

The historical period is a bit late for a direct Warhammer-equivalent but the spirit, atmosphere and general saltyness make them totally worth reading!

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »
Goomb! Kurgan!
Great to see you here!

Silly git forgot to link up the rest of the fleet.

Oh its around here somewhere... :icon_smile:

I'm thinking of collecting the various links and posting them once a page under various headings like rules, shipbuilding, etc.  There's lots of information but it gets lost.

Patrick O'Brien is my god!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

The historical period is a bit late for a direct Warhammer-equivalent but the spirit, atmosphere and general saltyness make them totally worth reading!

Right you are!  I also like B Cormwell's Dark Age sea fights in his latest series (The Last Kingdom, etc.)

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2008, 09:35:55 PM »
If you want to avoid that ship building stuff...

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/pirates_article.asp?cid=39303

Buy a few packs and you have a nice, neat little fleet.  That game itself is ok.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »
If you want to avoid that ship building stuff...

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/pirates_article.asp?cid=39303

Buy a few packs and you have a nice, neat little fleet.  That game itself is ok.
The ships are too small - you can't even fit a Goblin on deck!  :icon_lol:

We want Warhammer scale ship-to-ship battles, not a whole new game.  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »
Yeah, but the Pirates ships work for MoW battles...

Now about your rules for ship fights..."Boarding Actions

• No model ever counts bonuses/disadvantages for charging on a ship. The conditions are too cramped and awkward to gain sufficient momentum.

Difference in Deck Height (Pg 145)
There is no bonus for taller ships, ignore this section.  However, models attempting to assault a ship’s fore- or aft-castle from the waist of a ship count as attacking a defended obstacle. If assaulting waist-to-waist or fore-/aft-castle-to- fore-/aft-castle, resolve the attack as normal."

In 7th isn't this kind of moot since attacking a defended obstacle means that you don't gain charging bonuses?  Or do you use 6th ed need 6s to hit?

I like the clarifications that you make about what counts as adjacent.  We often get hung up there.

I'm not seeing how having every crew member within 2" of a casualty take a test or flee helps combat resolution in boarding actions.  You generally have lots fewer crew on your ships (although looking at your points per side in the last battle I don't see why since its basically the same points per side we've used...).  But its still a lot of dice rolling.  I know you were looking to make your games last longer, while we are looking to speed things up.

We use the General's Compendium rules for resolving boarding actions and usually have seesaw fights that last several rounds.  The only time ships have fallen quickly is if a small gets boarded by a medium or large.

How do you incorporate spears/pikes?

Your reports don't refer to magic.  When the Tomb Kings are involved did they use their incantations? We have priests and spell casters in almost every fight. Mostly they get dispelled, but we've had some spells bite into crews.  (And the Oxen Stands can make a small ship hold up a large forever)

As you can tell your little rules pack started lots of discussions on the decks...

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »
Actually we ignored the 2" of a casualty bit in our big game.  :icon_lol: We treated each ship's crew as a single unit, except for allowing shooting at unengaged models during a boarding action.

There was lots of magic attempted but it was nearly all dispelled - at least two Comets were aimed at Le Sanglier and later dispelled of. I didn't have a Shaman in my list though so I may have "tuned out" a bit during those phases!  :icon_redface:

We haven't used spears or pikes in a ship battle yet.

We are using 7th (the first Sartosa campaign was started to coincide with release of 7th ed.) The whole defended obstacle thing could be us playing things wrong...  :icon_redface: (again)

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2008, 02:57:25 AM »

We haven't used spears or pikes in a ship battle yet.

Oh! We use the assisting attacks rule from the Compendium.  No ship leaves port without a few pikes or spears. (except when my friend decided to try Ogres...)

:biggriin:

Offline Rutgar of Wissenland

• Members
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2008, 03:35:46 AM »
I ended up picking up some Megablocks Pirates of the Caribbean ships cheap on Craigslist.  I searched all over the US.  I found someone in NJ that was selling two ships for $30!  I added in $20 more shipping and bought TWO ships for $50.  I have the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman in my dockyards, but haven't had the chance to clear the barnacles and lego nubs off yet.

aka Groznit

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »
Grozint!  Welcome aboard!

Ah the internet!  I have the Pearl and the Stormstalker.  When I looked at your photos of the Flying Dutchman I thought it would be too big to play with.  And then my friend got one.  Serious ship envy.  My Undead Pirates want a flagship!  Never mind that I have no smaller Undead ships to pair with it.  The Flying Dutchman is so COOL.  My friend doesn't have an Undead army but he's going to have his own crew of Undead Pirates before he sells me his Dutchman....grrr.

On another note has anyone fought a VC or Khemri crewed ship?  Did you play the battle like a Warhammer fight or did the Undead have a break point like everyone else?  I'm thinking facing a hulk like the Dutchman with a Pearl full of Empire or DoW swabbies would be a hard fight.  I'd definitely start thinking Great Cannon. Must read what the Compendium has to say...

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
Kurgan is your man, er orc, on this one.  Two of the ships in the Flame On!'s Sartosa 1 Campaign had TKs on board, so he is a bit more experienced in that field, mate.

Good link for the small ship game.  Looks good!  I also found this little site today that gets the heart pumping:

http://www.stephane.info/show.php?code=manowar

Very inspiring for the small ship gamers!

Goomb

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 10:35:30 PM »
I also found this little site today that gets the heart pumping:

http://www.stephane.info/show.php?code=manowar

Very inspiring for the small ship gamers!

I like that one! Nice pictures.  :icon_smile:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2008, 03:12:34 AM »
Well, I finished crewing my ogre ships, plus added a few details:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:44:14 PM by Midaski »

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »
Nice work!  Where are the swivel guns from?

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2009, 08:33:25 PM »
Goomb has been finding cool stuff again!  Visit this ship building blog--

http://carmensminiaturepainting.blogspot.com/2008/09/oldies-but-goodies-empire-ship.html

Also Goomb has a ton of new images on his own thread on Da Warpath...which really should have a presence on the B&P since he is building EMPIRE ships over there....

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=22660&st=45#entry1383311
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:50:21 PM by Von Kurst »

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2009, 04:15:25 AM »
Sorry to play the part of necromancer, but I am really getting excited by the possibilities of sea and river battles using 28 mm scale ships.  By the way, this is a great discussion that should be continued.  Sharkbelly, that ship looks fantastic.  I would love to see how you built it!   

If you have been watching my Fleet thread at Da Path, you have seen these ships take shape.  I am pleased with most of my decisions, although I would have changed a couple looking back at things.  Such is the life of a hobbyist!  Just to give you a taste of what they look like....

The Three Kings - Brigantines (Large Class Ships)

I believe I might have something for you folks that are looking for a set of rules that works.  The General's Compendium does have some rules, but I think the answer might be Games Workshop Historical's Legends of the High Seashttp://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/LotHighSeas/

I am just signing up in their Yahoo Group, and I am impressed with what I see.  The rules make much more sense then some of the General Compendium. I have yet to buy the rulebook, but there are some files and things in the Yahoo Groups that make a lot of sense.

Just my 2 cents.  Hey, Von Kurst, I am hoping to see some more naval battles, mate!  I have a bunch of ideas for running a little campaign with my Empire-playing sons and neighbor.  I will be flushing them out very soon and posting some scenary and mini projects.  Also, I should clean up my blog for the ships and post it here for good measure.  The sloops on the drawing board might be better ones to post, though.

Shiver me timbers and bring me that horizon!

Goomb

Goomb
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:44:38 PM by Midaski »

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2009, 04:50:39 AM »
Avast Adm'rul!
Great work on the fleet!

As I've said your ship building blog would be most welcome (at least by me) on the B&P.  You have so much useful information and your WIP photos are very instructive as well.

Battles--I'm swamped by the real world at the moment.  Tonight was Warhammer night and I had to cancel for overtime. 

My spies tell me that work continues apace at the rival shipyards so I know there will be battles I just don't know when at present.  My own docks are jammed with half finished hulls and there are plans for Orc and Undead fleets as well...

I am really excited about Legends of the High Seas.  I haven't seen a book yet either...

Fair winds!  :::cheers:::

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »
Midaski awards this thread the very special:

"Immunity to Threadomancy"

as he thinks it is a cracking thread and wants to see it kept alive rather than new odd threads springing up.

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2009, 05:34:13 PM »
SHIPS!  :smile2:

Historically, what they said.  I recommend the Wickapedia article on Galleons, the one on Carracks and along the way you should encounter a link to the Mary Rose's site as well.  All will provide a great overview and some good ideas.

In Warhammer terms I spent some time yesterday just browsing all the ship building articles in the B&P. There's lots.  The most recent was titled Ogre ships or something like that.
Good ideas! :::cheers:::

Do you have a General's Compendium or the White Dwarfs that featured ship battles? Lots of pictures and how to articles.
I just purchased a copy a couple weeks back, need to read more of it, and haven't gotten to the ship articles yet.

I am currently following the Sartosa 3 campaign on Da Warpath. For Monday's ship fight featuring Da Hogwasha --

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=22901&st=75&#last

I also recommend browsing through Sartosa 1 & 2 and The Grudge of Sheer campaign also featured on Da Warpath.  (Dose Orcy pirates iz dead serious about dey ships.) Somewhere on Da Warpath there is also an article on building da Hogwasha.  And for Empire, my friend Playtable has his ship photos at this site

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc193/playtable/Warhammer/Ships/
I like how thta guy has a mini steam tank on the nose of his ship. :icon_cool:

If you would like to start with some or indeed most of the work already done for you, I recommend the following toys:

Playmobil's Pirate Dingy (really a galleon hull with a schooner's rig)  It comes with bunches of useful bitz and is the right size for a General's Compendium medium sized ship.  (Photos posted on the B&P about 2-3 weeks ago in the Ogre ship article...)
Its good to go right out of the box or you can do what I'm doing and convert, convert, convert.

Weapons and Warriors Pirate Battle Game.  Comes with 2 ships, 2 dingies, 12 useable ship's guns, a tower and a bunch of other stuff.  May be OOP but you can still find it on Ebay.  There is an article in the B&P (with lots of photos I couldn't open) on converting them.  I picked this box up years ago.  The ships are small but can be converted easily into useful sizes for warhammer games.  My mainstay ships until 2 weeks ago.

Mega Blocks #1017 The Black Pearl.  The mother lode of Empire shipping.  A Large Ship.  (2'-0" long) She's a galleon so the historical look is not 100% right. BUT wonderful detail, lots of room for modeling and conversion or stick it together and play out of the box. Some parts are scaled for Mega Blocks figures but she's so nicely done that replacing the ship's wheel with one in 28mm scale was not a problem.

My friends and I caught the ship battle craze about 8-9 years ago. Got re-energized by the General's Compendium and then sailed again for the Crisis in Marienburg campaign.  We've been having lots of fun, but my workspace is swamped with hulls, guns and masts.  I decided to re-do all my older ships plus convert the Black Pearl.  All for a battle Sunday at 1 pm.

Fair winds and calm seas matey,
js
This is just psyching me up to build a ship ... so many ideas ... so little time ... I just created a things to buy list for this hobby and started mapping it out over the next 6 months so I don't spend too much money too quickly, and need to also start a list for projects that need completion and ones for the future ... ships for use with warhammer models will be on the list. :icon_cool:

By the way, this thread has so much info I'll need to come back again and again when I get to doing a ship project or two.

During CiM I didn't end up getting around to trying out some MoW, just too busy with other things at the time.  However, during A3 eight of my 16 reported battles were MoW.  Used the small ships from "Pirates of the Spanish Main" card game series to represent Imperial, Bretonnian, Orc, and even Dark Elves one time.  There is also a Warhammer set of rules, along the lines of the WarHammer Ancients and The Great War, that I saw a two guys using with some hand made ships and WFB models a ways back, too.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:33:21 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra