home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 669660 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #7925 on: August 01, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »
Todbringer listens with interest as the party explain their story over dinner. He also asks questions about their encounters in Altdorf, Nuln, Bogenhafen, and Castle von Wittgenstein. By the end of the meal, he's convinced that much of the current turmoil in The Empire is the work of cultists of the Ruinous Powers, and he pledges his total support to their eradication.

Over the next few days, the city begins to return to normal as the carnival visitors leave. Dieter and Kirsten marry in a simple ceremony at the Temple of Shallya. Law Lord Hoflich, whose remains were discovered buried in his own cellar, is laid to rest in the city cemetery with full civic honours.

Ar-Ulric, true to his word to Julian, announces his resignation in front of a full congregation at the Temple of Ulric. He cites his poor judgement in failing to oppose the tax laws as the reason for his resignation, and says that he intends to leave the city for a retreat in Nordland. His successor will be chosen by the synod, but in the interim his deputy Waldemar Schwiebus will take over as Ar-Ulric.

Two days later, Werner Stolz, High Priest of the Temple of Sigmar in Middenheim, returns with great ceremony from his trip to Altdorf, and nails the following message to the doors of the Temple of Sigmar.

His Supreme Holiness, Grand Theogonist Yorri XV, by virtue of his authority as Sigmar's voice on earth, does hereby place the City of Middenheim under Interdict for its disgraceful and unjust taxation of Sigmar's church, and also of Sigmar's brothers the dwarfs. Therefore the rites and services of the church of Sigmar are withdrawn from the city of Middenheim, and his Supreme Holiness urges the people to piously express their anger at this unholy tax.

Stolz is rather disappointed to learn that the tax has already been repealed. Even so, he insists that the interdict stands until the Grand Theogonist revokes it. Acting Ar-Ulric Waldemar responds by issuing his own interdict, to be sent to Altdorf. Graf Boris intervenes, asking Waldemar to delay action until the Grand Theogonist has been informed that the taxes are repealed. Accordingly, Heinrich Todbringer departs the city for Altdorf.

In the meantime, tensions escalate between followers of the two churches.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7926 on: August 02, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
Julian, Ragni and Mortus have the money they paid in tax returned to them, along with a small compensatory sum. Julian receives 880 crowns, Ragni 165, and Mortus 138 crowns 12 shillings. [I've added this to their character sheets]

Chancellor Sparsam retires due to ill health. As his replacement, the Graf appoints a well-respected dwarf economist, Hargin Mordinsson. One of Mordinsson's first acts is to announce an investigation into the links between the Merchants' Guild and the Kommission for Taxation and Commerce. He declares that Gotthard Brant's control over both has resulted in serious corruption, which he intends to exterminate. The resulting (very thorough) audit breaks the stranglehold that a small number of merchant houses had developed over the city's trade. The treasury is swollen with previously unpaid import and export duties.

There are also two vacant positions for Law Lords. Hoflich's death is common knowledge, but Wasmeier's situation is more complex - neither the Graf nor the Wizards' Guild want it known that such a prominent man was behind a plot to take over the city. For the moment, he's been declared as missing, presumed murdered by the conspirators.

The Graf chooses two leading lawyers to become the new Law Lords. Helga Stormaxe (a dwarf) made a name for herself in the protracted Bullinger versus Stumpf case. The second appointee, Hans Stammheim, has spent many years as a judge in the Altquartier District Court.

Together with Law Lord Ehrlich, they begin the process of holding trials for the many cultist prisoners. The trials are conducted at the High Court, with no access for the public - this is to prevent the chaotic nature of the plot from being revealed and causing panic.

Gotthard Brant is the first to be tried. He is swiftly found guilty, based on the evidence the group took from his safe. He is executed by decapitation. Trials and executions follow for the other senior conspirators. Wasmeier, though, remains hidden away in the palace dungeon. No one is sure what to do with him.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7927 on: August 02, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »
At the Wizards' and Alchemists' School, Ulrun takes up the Chair of Intangible Studies in an ancient and slightly preposterous ceremony. Wearing a colourful robe of a style that was popular centuries ago, he is required to walk seven steps backwards with his head lowered and a scroll held between his knees. He then has to sit on the chair (without looking at it). At this point, he is to raise his head and intone a line of Classical Reman poetry. The professorial cap is placed on his head by the High Wizard, before the other faculty members throw scrolls at him.

If he didn't know this was the genuine ceremony, Ulrun would be sure they were winding him up. A small party follows.

Later, Deputy High Wizard Janna shows Ulrun the office he's inherited. It's small and cluttered, and comes complete with an empty drinks cabinet, several shelves of esoteric tomes, a stuffed parrot on a perch, and a thick layer of dust. "No one's been in here for a while," Janna says apologetically. "I'll make sure the cleaners come round. Now, I promised you a couple of interesting trinkets. I believe they're in here." She opens the desk drawer (it sticks solidly, and she has to use a petty incantation to dislodge it). "Yes, here we go." From the drawer, she takes out a rather jaunty hat, and an elaborate wand.

"Van Helmont called this a Hat of Pluvial Protection," she says, "so it should be no surprise that it protects the wearer from rain - as by the minor incantation. Ah, it also changes colour on command."

[Jaunty Hat of Pluvial Protection: allows the wearer to remain dry during rainfall (as the petty spell 'protection from rain'). The wearer may also cause the hat to change colour at will.]

The wand is about eighteen inches long, and made from some sort of heavy, dark wood bound with silver rings. On one end is a cloudy blue stone, gripped by a small metal hand. On the other is a little statue that looks like a looming rabbit with wings. "This is traditionally called the Unnameable Rod," Janna says, "ah... no one is sure why. It was bequeathed to the Chair of Intangible Studies in 1754, in lieu of a gambling debt, and has been passed down ever since. It's rather a frivolous device - it lets you make your spells look more dramatic. Glowing eyes, clouds of arcane smoke, choruses of chanting spirits, that sort of thing."

[The Unnameable Rod: any spell cast while holding the rod is made more impressive, by the addition of light, smoke and sound effects of the caster's choice. However, the spell will require one or more additional magic points, depending on the complexity of the effects.]

"Both of these items are yours for as long as you hold the Chair." She smiles. "Which will be for life, unless you somehow disgrace yourself in the School's eyes."
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7928 on: August 02, 2014, 10:07:51 PM »
Klaus and Max's study of the papers found in Wasmeier's possession yields two letters of interest. The first is found by Max:

Dear sir,

I was most excited to receive the sample transcriptions from the Pfefferkorn work. I am now convinced that I must own it, and thus I agree to all your terms. I invite you to have your agent make contact at your convenience, so that we may finalise the deal.

Sybo Haan, of Sybo's Mystic Emporium.
Guilderveld, Marienburg.

This looks innocuous, but Max explains: "The 'Pfefferkorn work' referred to must be the Liber Mortis that Wasmeier had with him! So this Sybo Haan is either already a necromancer, or he's dabbling in the evil arts. Wasmeier was intending to trade the book with him for something... perhaps a magical item, or a service of some sort? Either way, someone should investigate.

As Klaus is looking through the papers, he gets a sudden waft of a scent he remembers very well... the heavy perfume draws him back to a night in the gardens of the Elector's Palace in Nuln, sitting on a bench beside a beautiful, dangerous woman. Excitedly, he reads the letter that carries the scent.

To the M.M.

Since I was unsure how to contact you directly, I am sending this letter to the offices of Windhund Haulage in the city of Middenheim. I believe that the good people there will ensure you receive it.

I was until recently a member in good standing of an organization similar to yours. You will be aware of it, I think - the two share a common goal, and a common religious affiliation. They differ in their approach to achieving that goal, and as such have sometimes been in conflict. Such competition is good, but in any competition there must be losers as well as winners.

I have come to believe that your organization are the winners. I have therefore renounced my old affiliation. Yet I have not renounced my faith, nor our common goal. No, I have only decided to leave a losing team. I have much to offer your organization: not least my knowledge of my old associates and their plans, but also my many contacts across The Empire. I feel sure that we should meet.

Circumstance has brought me to Marienburg, beyond the reach of my former comrades who bear me a certain amount of ill will. Here I intend to establish a new chapter of your organization, which I hope will receive your blessing. I invite you to contact me at my temporary address: the Red Cock Inn, in the Guilderveld district of Marienburg.

Yours in devotion to the concept of change,

E.H.
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7929 on: August 03, 2014, 08:56:34 AM »
Ulrun inspects the hat and whips it onto his head before making it turn pink and laughing happily. "Oh this will do!" he proclaims. "Why wouldn't someone wear this all the time!"

After some amusing conversation with the deputy wizard he moves onto the wand. "This is a familiar length." he grins as he holds it. He casts 'assume illusionary appearance' and grows to 8 foot. His eyes turn bright red, horns sprout from his head and smoke comes out of the floor around him dramatically. His breath changes to make loud grunting noises. "Excellent!" he speaks with an entirely unsuitable normal voice before returning to normal. "I think I'll enjoy being a professor!"
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7930 on: August 03, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »
"What did I say about disgracing yourself, Ulrun?" Janna says, rather sternly. Then she laughs. "I'm glad you like the items. I can't think of anyone who could put them to better use. Now, I have some funding requests to look through. Enjoy the office!"
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7931 on: August 03, 2014, 02:30:21 PM »
Ulrun will investigate the office and have a look around. He considers trying to summon a parrot to replace the stuffed one but is concerned about the feasibility of looking after it.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7932 on: August 03, 2014, 05:58:57 PM »
Admund attends the execution Gotthard Brant with a few other officers from the Southgate Watch station. He stands toward the back of the crowd watching as Brandt is brought to the execution block. During the announcement of Brandt's crimes, Admund's mind begins to wander back to when he and Kratz falsified a report to get inside of his house. His lips curl slightly when he thinks of the perverted things discovered in his bedroom.

He also remembers when Sergeant Holm was being a prick to the others as they searched the house. He remembers Wulf's enthusiasm to hear about Admund beating the minotaur, and the toothy grin of excitement he gave. He also remembers the way Bert, Wulf, and Sergeant Holm looked in the dank cellar of Windhund, their throats slit and their eyes vacant.

Admund is snapped out of his daydream by the sound of the axe coming down on Brand't neck and the roar of the crowd. He looks up to see Brandt's head held aloft.

Turning to the other watchmen with him, he says pensively, "Justice is done. C'mon, let's go..."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:25:17 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7933 on: August 05, 2014, 11:15:45 AM »
Ulrun looks around the office. The drinks cabinet will definitely need a refill, and someone will need to clean up the tobacco ash from the floor. There's a nameplate on the stuffed parrot's perch. It says 'Eric.'

The bookshelves carry a few useful works on illusionist magic, a scattering of books on the creation of magical devices, a great many tomes devoted to the philosophy of the unreal, and (in unmarked covers) a full set of the Reman Despot's Books of Earthly Delight.

In the desk drawers are piles of half-finished lecture notes. The old professor seems to have had intentions of giving classes, but always abandoned them - each set of notes ends in a scrawled, 'those lazy buggers would never understand this subject', 'why waste my time?' or a similar sentiment. The desk also contains plans for a wide variety of magical items. Most of these are also unfinished, but Ulrun does find the schematics for the Hat of Pluvial Protection. The enchantment method includes such oddities as 'asynchronous squirrel dances,' 'counter-intuitive evocations,' and 'total logical inversion.' The professor recounts the testing process, which involved making students stand in the rain for hours at a time.

Ulrun goes over to the window. The glass is too dirty to see through, so he opens the window and looks out. There's not much of a view, unless you really like gargoyles.

A knock on the door turns out to be Admund, in search of his magical sword.

[Reminder of the sword's effect: Purified Elven Sword: +1 to combat damage, and +10 Cl to wielder (sword must be held to get the bonus)]
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7934 on: August 05, 2014, 11:35:39 AM »
Heinrich prowls the streets of Ostwald and Altquartier, looking for signs of residual cult activity. One night, he follows a suspect into a derelict Altquartier house. The suspect meets up with two other men, and they head into the cellar. There, they stop in front of an elaborate door. One of the men starts to try to pick the lock, while the other two have a discussion.

"You sure about this? Don't know as I likes the idea of robbin' a shrine."

"What are you, a halfling? Scared of the dark? Ain't nothin' down there now 'cept the gems on that statue."

"Yeah, but what if... you know who... don't like us takin' his gems?"

"Huh! Reckon we're doin' him a favour. If the watch find this place they'll smash an' burn everythin'. This way, we can save some of the stuff. Plus it gets us the cash we need to get outta this bloody city in one piece."

"I guess so... spread the word, like."

"Quiet you two! This ain't easy... ah, that does it." The lock clicks.

If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7935 on: August 05, 2014, 08:01:38 PM »
Heinrich steps out to where the goons can see him. He will casually rest a hand on his axe as he speaks.
"Guten abend, mein herren, mind if I inquire after your purpose in this place? I am always on the lookout for profitable opportunities, and I can see that you three industrious young men are up to something I think I might want to know more about."
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7936 on: August 05, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »
The man who was picking the lock jumps upright, and backs away from Heinrich towards his fellows. One of the other men raises an axe threateningly.

"Who're you?" he says.

"He's from the watch!" the lockpicker says, "we gotta get outta here!"

"There's three of us," the axe man hisses, "an' anyhow he don't look like no watchman."

The third man has a club in his hand. "Back off," he says to Heinrich, "this is our job! Go find your own."
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7937 on: August 05, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
Heinrich chuckles.

"My name is Heinrich, and you are correct: I'm not from the watch. I am, however, interested in your job. Don't worry, I have no intention of stealing from you or keeping you from your prize. I'm just a curious businessman looking for investment opportunities. Perhaps whatever it is you are looking to steal might be something I would be interested in purchasing. We can't know that unless you tell me what you're up to. Or you could attack me, but then you would lose your prize and likely your lives. Why don't we all just play it safe and friendly?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7938 on: August 06, 2014, 10:14:56 AM »
[Heinrich intimidate test: pass]

The three men glance at each other. They nod slightly. Then the man with the axe lowers his weapon and says, "Aye, we're all businessmen, right? If you're lookin' to buy, maybe we're lookin' to sell."

"Through there," the man with the club says, pointing at the newly-unlocked door, "is a sort of shrine. But like, a secret one. Y'know? Turns out the owners have had some troubles with the law, so now there's no one there. An' all the gems and stuff is goin' to waste. We heard about it-" he looks (even more) shifty as he says this "-an' we thought we may as well help ourselves."

"If you got gold with you," the lockpicker says, "we can sell you some gems real cheap. Save us findin' a fence. Good for you, good for us."

"We got a deal?" the axe man asks.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7939 on: August 06, 2014, 11:58:26 AM »
Julian goes to the Wizards' and Alchemists' School to begin his experiments into new building materials. Deputy High Wizard Janna is more than happy to provide Julian with the laboratory space and resources he needs. She also tells him he can use alchemy students as lab assistants if he likes. Ragni offers to help Julian, but he's not really suitable for the task - he gets bored quickly, and can't read the labels on the jars. Julian tells him to go and enjoy himself instead.

Accordingly, Ragni spends time practicing his combat skills (with Admund and Heinrich when possible, otherwise with other dwarfs), or hanging out with dwarfs and telling stories about his adventures.

Julian proceeds with his experiments. His extensive knowledge of engineering, carpentry and metallurgy combined with his skill at chemistry makes him extremely suited to the task. Even so, he has to put in days of work before seeing any real progress.

[Julian Int test: pass]

He is able to improve the drying time and environmental resistance of the standard dwarvern cement recipe by introducing several chemicals recently discovered by human alchemists. This modified cement mixture will dry quickly even when underwater. It will allow the new semaphore towers to be built more rapidly and in difficult locations without compromising their durability. Julian reflects that this breakthrough wouldn't have been possible without the combination of dwarf and human technologies.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7940 on: August 06, 2014, 12:20:03 PM »
Mortus receives a letter from the Wizards' and Alchemists' School, politely inviting her to join the guild. The note makes it clear that there will be no charge for membership, due to the gratitude the guild feels toward her. However, it is a legal requirement for practicing wizards to join.

Klaus spends a lot of time socialising and gambling in the city's highest-class taverns. It occurs to him that he would like to buy one of these taverns himself, and makes a few inquiries [more on this later]. He also talks to people about the Knight Eternal's unfitness for his role. There is general sympathy for this opinion - most people who've met Sir Siegfried find him tedious in the extreme, and few have any trust in his fighting abilities. However, they assure Klaus that it doesn't matter - the Knight Eternal is just a symbol. Provided the man keeps his armour well-polished and doesn't do anything publicly embarrassing, they don't have a problem with him. In any case, there's no precedent for removing a Knight Eternal from office.

Shortly after Heinrich Todbringer leaves the city on his diplomatic mission to Altdorf, Klaus receives an invitation to meet with Nastassia Hess.

Max, as well as doing legal work for Julian's forthcoming engineering company, decides to study at the Collegium for a while. He's keen to expand on his knowledge of the medical uses of plants.

[Max tries to learn Herb Lore. Int test: 65, pass. 100 EXP spent, skill learned]
[Max triest to learn Cure Disease. Int test: 74, pass. 100 EXP spent, skill learned]
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7941 on: August 07, 2014, 05:34:34 AM »
"Deal." Heinrich grins. "Let's get some gems, boys!"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7942 on: August 07, 2014, 10:47:23 AM »
[Heinrich]

"Uh... right," the axe man says. "Let's go then."

The lockpicker opens the door, and all three men go through. On the other side is a staircase leading down deeper into the rock. At the bottom is a room dominated by a stone statue and an altar. The statue is roughly nine feet tall, and is of... something. It is carved out of polished black stone that catches and reflects the torchlight in odd ways, making it hard to tell exactly what shape the statue takes. There are certainly wings, at least half a dozen limbs, and two heads. Set into the stonework at seemingly random intervals are red, green and blue gemstones of varying size. The altar is bloodstained, and has a heavy knife and nine candles on it.

The three men put their left hands, clenched into fists, over their hearts as they face the statue, and mutter something Heinrich doesn't understand. Then the man with the club says, "Looks like its just the statue left. Uh. We takin' the gems then?"

"Yeah," the lockpicker says, "after you."

"I don't know about this," the man with the axe says, "standin' here, lookin' at... him... I don't know."

They hesitate.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7943 on: August 07, 2014, 04:24:56 PM »
"You won't get rich standing here staring at me. Are you afraid of a lump of stone?" Heinrich winks at the man with the axe and pulls out his own axes. "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

Heinrich steps into the room.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7944 on: August 08, 2014, 12:00:45 AM »
"Let's get this done," the man with the club says. He puts his club away, takes out a knife, and starts to pry gems off the statue. When the knife first touches it, the statue hums like a wine glass being rung. The man stops, but then carries on with his task.

The man who picked the lock earlier takes the sacrificial knife from the altar and uses that to pry out more gems. The statue hums again, more loudly this time.

The man with the axe stands back and watches - he divides his attention between the statue and Heinrich.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7945 on: August 08, 2014, 12:51:36 AM »
Heinrich readies himself. He is certain something dangerous is about to happen, and he knows he is walking right into it. IF he had simply walked away, though, these street toughs would have tried this on their own, and who knows what could happen. Even if he had scared this little band away, the rumor of riches would have drawn another crew like flies to offal. This way at least he has a chance to put a stop to whatever surprise this cultist cell left when they abandoned this place. Heinrich notices the axe tough eying him and manages to produce another grin for his benefit. He grips his axes tighter and waits. Something is going to happen, and he intends to see it does as little damage as possible.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7946 on: August 08, 2014, 04:07:56 PM »
The two men manage to free the gems they're working on at the same moment. Time slows... multi-coloured light arcs across the gems still on the statue, before flowing into the gems held by the men. The statue itself, creaking like a dead tree in a gale, reaches out and grabs hold of the men. They are held fast in its stone grip as the rainbow light sweeps across them. Screaming, they begin to warp and change, their flesh flowing like molten wax.

Time moves normally again. The statue releases its prisoners: the two men have transformed into headless, pink demons with faces in their chests, and with long arms that end in enormous hands.

[Heinrich Cl test: 38, pass]
[Axe man Cl test: 45, failed]

Heinrich stands firm! But the man with the axe is mad with fear. He rushes towards the door. The two demons advance on Heinrich.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7947 on: August 08, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »
Heinrich shouts at the axe man, "Stand firm you blasted coward! Fight for your life!"
He then attacks the nearest daemon shouting: "Verena and Justice!"

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7948 on: August 09, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
Flushed with success, Julian places advertisements in the engineers guild and outside the chapel of Grungni, looking for qualified engineers as well as fighters, to set up survey groups to find tower sites.

He asks Mortus and Ulrun if they want to help with the petty alarm enchantment, and also places an advertisement outside the wizard's guild.

He then arranges a business lunch meeting with Max.

after engaging in some small talk and enjoying some fine food and beer, Julian gets to business "So Max, I should let you know I've been succesful with my experiments, and have invented a faster drying and stronger setting cement. it should ensure the business gets off to a flying start and will hopefully be enough to convince the graf to give us the contract. Now, is there anyway you know that I can protect the invention, and how has the paperwork gone for setting up the company?"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7949 on: August 09, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
[Heinrich]

Heinrich tries to overcome the other man's wish to flee...

[Heinrich Ld test: 47, failed]

...but it's no good - the man is too desperate to get away. He rushes up the stairs, leaving Heinrich to face the demons alone.

The gibbering horrors launch themselves at him. As they draw close, Heinrich's magical axe bursts into white flame.

[Demon1 WP test: 91, fail!]
[D2: 22, pass]

One of the demons shrinks back, shrieking with pain. The other is undaunted, and attacks with its massive hands.

[Demon2 attack1: 05, hits left arm. S4+d6 roll of 2-T6-A1 = no damage]
[D2 a2: 01, hits head. S4+d6 roll of 4-T6-A2 = no damage]

Heinrich is unharmed. He strikes back!

[Heinrich 1 (magic axe): 89, miss]
[H2: 43, hits right arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 6! (add damage = no)-T4 = 7 wounds! 10WS drained and added to H]
[H3: 91, miss]
[H4 (off hand): 74, miss]

He slices almost through one of the demon's arms. The creature has crackling lightning in place of blood, which the wound releases: there's a flash, and the injured arm splits into two new ones (these are blue instead of pink).

[Demon2 now has 3 attacks]
[Demon2 a1: 84, miss]
[D2 a2: 87, miss]
[D2 a3: 03, hits right arm. S4+d6 roll of 6! (Add damage = no)-T6-A1 = 3 wounds. Parry attempt: 51, pass. Reduce damage by d6: 2. 1 wound taken]

The demon lands a glancing blow on Heinrich's arm.

[Heinrich 1: 26, hits body. S4+1+d6 roll of 1-T4 = 2 wounds (10 WS drained)]
[H2: 12, hits right arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 4-T4 = 5 wounds. Critical: 44, dead]

Heinrich hacks the demon in half. The two pieces twist and writhe on the floor, bathed in coruscating energy. With a crash of thunder, they reshape themselves into two new demons: both blue, and smaller than the original.

[continues]
If I wanted to.