home

Author Topic: OT: Here we go again - LARPing  (Read 16432 times)

Offline Zoren

• Members
Re: OT: Here we go again - LARPing
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
I'm sad to says that the Bretonnians won  :icon_frown: But hey, we won last year, so I guess it all adds up.

There are rules for killing each other. They are as follow:
Every soldier has a couple of Armour Points(RP from danish; Rustnings Point) provided by his armour. In case of myself, a lightly armoured huntsman it was one, and in case of the Warrior Priest I think it was 8..
In addition to that, everyone has some Morale Points(MP), these come from fighting in a formation with a banner:1 musician:1 Warrior Priest/Mistress of the Lady in the unit:1. Formation and banner is required for having MP at all.

When players are hit, they loose one RP/MP if hit in legs or arms, and three if hit in the torso. RP are lost first.
Whenever a player reaches zero Morale Points he's out. this means that if you take a beating, you are out, but if you banner falls or your formation breaks up, you are also out.
By the way, Cannons take away all RP/MP in one go, and great weapons does double damage (ie. 2/6)
Pistols that only says "bang" kills outright, but only troops from your own side :icon_biggrin:

When "out" the player has three possibilities: Surrendering, Fleeing of being mortally wounded(or at least wounded so that he can't take part in the rest of that particular fight..

The thing with the choice is not that realistic, but it adds the fun of fleeing and surrendering troops, and it gets some of the wounded out of the way for security issues..
----------

Anyway.
Next time around is the last weekend of september near Copenhagen Denmark. This will field minotaurs, chaos warriors, dark elves, beastmen, maybe even undead...
Anyone wanna come?

-Søren

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 01:40:18 PM »
So you keep your own tally in your head?

So, in you picture with the spear wall, how did the peasants manage to get past? They would have suffered quite a few hits, and don't have a lot of armour, so they should have never broken the spear wall.
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Thomas Aagaard

• Members
  • "Victoria per Diciplin"
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 10:42:36 PM »
9th Stirland regiment of Foot,
Ready for drill at 0645 in the morning.

Gesnerss Jägers

The Stirland Free company

All part of the "Stahl Kampfgruppe" or "Stirland Kampfgrupe" (some 45 men)

Gun

The 9th fighting (butchering) bretonians... (we toke out the red/gold ones allmost without losses... thanks to our spears)

But in the end we where attack from front, right flank and rear by 3 bretonnian units...

The end of the battle:

"But we died with style"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 10:49:41 PM by Thomas Aagaard »
Thomas Aagaard
"Stirland Kampfgruppe Forwards!"
"Victoria per Diciplin"

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 02:02:20 AM »
LOL i love this... aside from all the technicalities and calculations, it seems like too much fun.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAN!

sj

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 06:34:12 AM »
The second to last picture is really impressive! looks like you had a lot of fun!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 07:56:17 PM »
No detachments to watch your flanks? :wink:
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »
Actually the Stirland 9th had a detachment of swordsmen.
They are behind the shield in the second to last pic. If you look carefully, you can see the swords..
By the way, you can also see them in the last pic. :icon_lol:

@Guvnor:
Yes. Everyone does his own calculations.. and surprisingly, not that many are cheating..

By the way, i'm the one one in the green uniform(Stir river patrols) in the secon pic, and yup, thats a two tailed comet on my scalp. :icon_cool:

Who wants to come along next time?

-Søren

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »
Is the tattoo permanent?  :Ohmy: You are very dedicated indeed. Nice frilly jacket by the way.
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »
God no!

Not that dedicated, but thanks anyways I guess...
It's "permanent" marker..

-Søren

Offline catbarf

• Members
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2007, 07:31:57 PM »
Wow. Wish I could do that, and that it was in the U.S., or heck even the U.K.: I'd fly there just for that.

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 08:36:51 PM »
I don't think I should start a new thread.. this old one is fine!

I found a helblaster volley gun ;-)

actually I don't think it is WRP-Larp butnice anyway
http://www.jansfotos.de/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16467&g2_page=5
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 01:07:29 AM »
I wanna participate in one of these one day... put on a Cathay uniform... buwahahahahaha

That gattling gun looks mad osome. I wonder if its based on anything historical.

sj

Offline Nog64

• Members
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 02:23:10 AM »
Easy, *Smack**Roll D6* "Hey I have an armour save!
<font color=0033FF-FF3000>╤♦*~N64~╤♦*</font>

Offline Atomic Top Hat

• Members
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 09:45:57 AM »
I don't think I should start a new thread.. this old one is fine!

I found a helblaster volley gun ;-)

actually I don't think it is WRP-Larp butnice anyway
http://www.jansfotos.de/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=16467&g2_page=5

I like these guy's threads, so I'll be kinda sad once the helblaster blows.

How does a helblaster work in Larp anyway? Fill it with nerf and fireworks and hope for the best?

And one last thing, where can I find an armour shop in Melbourne? I need to update my look.

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 09:53:10 AM »

My little brother in my witch hunter get up!

Its for tournaments, not LARPing, I've just started up with the local SCA group.

I really want that warrior priests gear!

Roughly how much would that be to assemble or by ready made au$'s
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »
That Volleygun is REALLY cool! I've posted it on our forum.

As for the priest's gear:
Prices on these things varies crazy from country to country, but I can give you a rough price in Denmark where I'm from..

The Armour is about 800 $US (i know you asked for AUS$ but in this way everyone will understand.)

The rest is hand made..
I guess you could build the hammer and leather neck-guard, sew the clothing and the thing around his neck, and buy the accessories for about 200 $US maybe 250. That is if you know what you are doing.
But if you were to buy it in Denmark the hammer alone would be 200, so maybe 500 $US.

This leaves us at a 1000 $ if you build it yourself, and something like 1300 to buy..

And @ Catbarf: Copenhagen is less than two hours flight From London, at a cost of 10 0US$  :wink:

Seriously. If any of you not from denmark would like to participate, I could rent you the gear for 50-100 US$ and arrange free accommodation and transport to and from the airport/event..

-Søren

Offline Zachos

• Members
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2007, 05:18:39 PM »
Do you ever play with metal weapons and real shields etc?
On the internet, no-one knows you are a dog...

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 06:28:01 AM »
Well, I personally don't.

There are noone LARPing indenmark that uses real weapons, but a lot of reenactment groups do. I never got into reenactment because I had my hands more than full with LARP and Warhammer. Now I've more or less stopped Warhammer'ing, but started Quantum Mechanics. (More or less the same level of confusion)..

So the short answer would have bin: No :wink:

-Søren

Offline Eldanesh

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 04:39:22 PM »
Wow... screw airsoft.. this is the things for me! Maybe I will get into it later in life when I live in britain, but 1 question would be how do u guys work this? My only guess is that it's payed on the tabletop the re-enacted.

*EDIT* Read through the thread thoroughly,and I understand now. Does this only happen in Denmark? I understand the battle system, it's kinda like in airsoft, there is an honor system going on (and if u don't follow u'll just get beat up some more.). I'm studying fencing as well so It's be cool to do this eventually, albeit I live in Canada. maybe u guys could get together with GW and figure out a tour to promote the game 8D.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:23:21 PM by Eldanesh »

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 06:53:48 PM »
OMG that looks like fun. 

When I come to the Netherlands next year, I'll have to figure out how to drop down there and participate.  Now how will I time it with the the Dutch GT?

-Grutch

Offline Donnachaidh

• Members
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 07:00:27 PM »
Wow... screw airsoft.. this is the things for me! Maybe I will get into it later in life when I live in britain, but 1 question would be how do u guys work this? My only guess is that it's payed on the tabletop the re-enacted.

There are a lot of groups re-enacting most things you can think of (from arctic explorers to victorian bobby's, and from Greek hopolites to East German Border Guards)

There is also a large LARP community in this country with large events being held thoughout the summer and over the major bank holidays.

Without so much as a damn your eyes for the inconvenience

Offline Zoren

• Members
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2007, 03:36:16 PM »
 :icon_smile:
As Donnachaidh said, there are large LARPing communities all around the world.
At this years Knudepunkt(a scandinavian Congress of LARPers rotating between Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland) we had partisipants from 11 countries, including the US, Israel, Belarus and the Netherlands(!)..

And as he also says, a lot of different events and takes place. I could add a Russian submarine excersice, Mafia-lives in real-life Copenhagen(capital of Denmark), Post Mortem Prison LARPs(very wierd) and 17th century inventors conferences...

I haven't heard of anyone else doing Warhammer "WarLARPs" though they may exist judging from the volley-gun displayed earlier..

-Søren