home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 730779 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #1225 on: July 09, 2012, 08:44:32 PM »
I dislike this plan, but I see no one agrees with my point of view, so let's just get it over with. :::cheers:::
:::cheers::: cannon

At least Heinrich isn't dead this way!

He wasn't dead the other way.

Thinking of the money won't help, because Heinrich does not believe Ruggbroder will pay.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1226 on: July 09, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
Heinrich is even more paranoid as Klaus......

::heretic::

Well I guess he will pay up but no matter what Father Albrecht (who seems rather reliable) pulled his strings and there will be guards of the watch outside...but it is important that we catch them all at the ritual not just without evidence except our word.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1227 on: July 09, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
Heinrich is even more paranoid as Klaus......

::heretic::

Well I guess he will pay up but no matter what Father Albrecht (who seems rather reliable) pulled his strings and there will be guards of the watch outside...but it is important that we catch them all at the ritual not just without evidence except our word.

No it isn't. It's important that we kill them and stop the ritual. Then we can leave this town.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1228 on: July 09, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »
I dislike this plan, but I see no one agrees with my point of view, so let's just get it over with. :::cheers:::
:::cheers::: cannon

At least Heinrich isn't dead this way!

He wasn't dead the other way.

Thinking of the money won't help, because Heinrich does not believe Ruggbroder will pay.

he was on fire on 0 wounds. So you needed one of us to put the fire out. But we had to deal with steiny firing fireballs at us and the 3 thugs outside. as well as being worried about dying ourselves, or annoyed at heinrich from diverting the plan.

Someone does put the fire out and max wastes his arrow on steiny... Then we are lying in the warehouse having to fight the actual boss without the arrow, and with heinrich and mortus real close to dying.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1229 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:15 PM »
Sorry, I won't be convinced. I'm going along with your plan, so just be happy with that.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1230 on: July 09, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »
Thanks for resolving your differences, everyone!

Now we can move on.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1231 on: July 09, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »
So, was Julian going to set some traps?

You keep mentioning it but not saying what sort of traps you have in mind.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1232 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »
well, there doesnt seem like any good place to hide the traps!

Piles of crates to fall on people, suspended from the roof? in a pile? not very sophisticated.

Pass the machete.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #1233 on: July 09, 2012, 10:47:15 PM »
It appears that this blew up and was solved before I came online.

While I think Klaus grabbing Heinrich before he fired is a good idea.   I am not sure Mortus would agree, I know things that Mortus does not know.   Given the information that was available to Heinrich at the time, and more importantly the information that Heinrich did not have, I think it is not an out of character action for Heinrich to attempt to shoot him.   You must remember that

1: Our aim is to disrupt the ritual, prevent it from happening.

2: A bounty hunter would normally be bring in his prey dead or alive and as most bounty hunter's prey is dangerous it is normally easier and better to kill them first.   Also it is important to note that the medieval (and warhammer world) life is cheap and not that important.   Most people knights, police, bounty hunters and stuff would not think twice about killing people.

3: We did not know that ye-man was a wizard.   There was no information to suggest that he was.   We know that Teugen is a wizard or at least has magical ability but there was nothing I remember to suggest that the other guy was.

4: Heinrich has been very successful with his bow up until now, therefore his confidence would be high that he could take a good shot, therefore it is more likely for him to do so then normal.

5: We believe that the ritual needs all seven people to complete.

6: Heinrich is scared of demons and more so of the type of demons that these guys are going to raise.

Therefore it is not unreasonable for him to consider that taking out yeman and hiding the body and waiting for the next guy is a good idea.   I also think that people have too modern a view of law enforcement.   Being friends with ye-man is good reason for the law enforcement to look into his actions and as soon as they find he is even interested in magic they may burn him just to be sure.   Being connected with somebody that is going to raise a demon and being interested in magic is normally enough to get you shortened by a head.   Sir Martin and the baron are not going to be worried about legal niceties.

On the whole I think we are better off not taking a shot at him and having Heinrich killed but I don't think that it is a OOC move for him to make.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1234 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »
We know that Teugen is a wizard or at least has magical ability but there was nothing I remember to suggest that the other guy was.

Spellbook in Steinhager's safe.

But of course, being a wizard is not illegal. Demonology is.

I also think that people have too modern a view of law enforcement.

Killing a town councilor for putting some bits of copper on the floor? Not proof of demonology, or of anything! Steinhager is virtually above the law in this town, unless caught actually committing an unforgivable crime by reliable witnesses.

Quote from: Finlay
well, there doesnt seem like any good place to hide the traps!

Piles of crates to fall on people, suspended from the roof? in a pile? not very sophisticated.

It's not a great place for traps, true.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1235 on: July 09, 2012, 11:00:03 PM »
1) the ritual starts at dusk and ends at midnight, plenty of time.

2) a bounty hunter would be motivated by money, and he knows he has to get more than one of them

5) we know they can/will replace people (magirius). Only Teugen is needed.

7)there are 3 stevedors outside ready to come in and kick our ass

8) mortus is almost dead.

9)we are expecting help.

10) teugen etc own the town. You need absolutely damnable evidence. We already went to sir martin without evidence... what happened there.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1236 on: July 09, 2012, 11:17:52 PM »
OK, now it's the dramatic moment.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #1237 on: July 10, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
I think Kluas should throw his stink bomb before he cuts that girl.   3 thugs, 2 wizards and a few hang ons will be enough to deal with without having a demon as well

Also if Mortus casts marsh lights into the circle I wonder what effect it will have?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1238 on: July 10, 2012, 01:34:22 AM »
Heinrich is not going to let that girl die. Now our situation is shitty.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #1239 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:41 AM »
Well at this stage Mortus is worried, scared, tired, wounded and getting on towards drunk.   She is pretty much up for charging in.   Also Mortus will not wait for the girl to be butchered.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:45:22 AM by commandant »

• Members
« Reply #1240 on: July 10, 2012, 04:01:16 AM »
Well I hope it is evidence enought that they placed the magic symbol have their demon cowls and are about to kill the girl...Klaus would wait for the girl to be butchered but I can agree that Heinrich, Mortus, Max and Julian wouldnīt.

My suggested plan of action would be Klaus whispers the battle plan, first Klaus will throw his stinkbomb and Julian will use his trap, then  Max to shoot TEugen with his magical arrow. Heinrich shoots Steinhager Julian and Klaus jump into the circle like berserkers yelling and smashing about them Julian should either finish Teugen or Steinhager, Klaus will strike for the pale man. Mortus can do what she deems best but I suggest she stays out of melee one hit could mean death.

What do you guys say?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1241 on: July 10, 2012, 04:22:30 AM »
Well I hope it is evidence enought that they placed the magic symbol have their demon cowls and are about to kill the girl...Klaus would wait for the girl to be butchered but I can agree that Heinrich, Mortus, Max and Julian wouldnīt.

My suggested plan of action would be Klaus whispers the battle plan, first Klaus will throw his stinkbomb and Julian will use his trap, then  Max to shoot TEugen with his magical arrow. Heinrich shoots Steinhager Julian and Klaus jump into the circle like berserkers yelling and smashing about them Julian should either finish Teugen or Steinhager, Klaus will strike for the pale man. Mortus can do what she deems best but I suggest she stays out of melee one hit could mean death.

What do you guys say?

Just do it. There's no time to whisper a plan.

• Members
« Reply #1242 on: July 10, 2012, 06:26:42 AM »
There is always time for a good plan!

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1243 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:37 AM »
There is always time for a good plan!

Not when the evil demonologist is advancing on his intended victim knife in hand!  :eusa_wall:

• Members
« Reply #1244 on: July 10, 2012, 06:40:53 AM »
Even then...as max canīt read this forum and before Heinrich and Max shoot the same guy while Klaus jumps into the circle of cultists and gets Julians crates on his head it would make sense to take 30 seconds to quickly tell everyone what is to do....

"Max you shoot Teugen, Heinrich Steinhager, Julian the crates I will throw the stink bomb then we go in and smash what resistance is left! GO"

Now I want to wait if Finlay or Commandante want to add something then....we go ahead and smash some cultists.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #1245 on: July 10, 2012, 06:45:24 AM »
Even then...as max canīt read this forum and before Heinrich and Max shoot the same guy while Klaus jumps into the circle of cultists and gets Julians crates on his head it would make sense to take 30 seconds to quickly tell everyone what is to do....

"Max you shoot Teugen, Heinrich Steinhager, Julian the crates I will throw the stink bomb then we go in and smash what resistance is left! GO"

Now I want to wait if Finlay or Commandante want to add something then....we go ahead and smash some cultists.

It actually makes more sense for Max and Heinrich to shoot the same guy. Taking down each sorcerer as quickly as possible is key.

• Members
« Reply #1246 on: July 10, 2012, 06:52:27 AM »
See this is what I wanted some tactical discussion.

Well but Max has the super striking arrow of Sigmar, but I guess you are right best to bring Teugen down no matter what he might be a higher level mage and cast spells worse than that fireball thingy....Ok

"Max Heinrich you bring down teugen, Julian the crates!"

Klaus throwing his stinky bomb and jumping in between the cultists screaming Sigmar!! ....HAMMER TIME

Anything else to add? Otherwise I would say we wait on Finners and Commandante if they have some other suggestions.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1247 on: July 10, 2012, 08:24:05 AM »
You will get a surprise round (where the cultists can't act) since your attack will be surprising!

Though, as we discovered in a parallel universe, some of them have better initiative than any of you and will go first in the next round.

I wonder why Klaus and Mortus never bought missile weapons? Klaus is a decent shot.

Quote from: commandant
Also if Mortus casts marsh lights into the circle I wonder what effect it will have?

It might be mildly distracting? Probably not much effect.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:26:35 AM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1248 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
Max and Heinrich shoot teugen ,julian drop traps, Julian and Klaus go for steiny .

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1249 on: July 10, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »
I have a feeling that this will either be a disaster, or be way too easy.

By the way, Max would definitely shoot Teugen. No need to tell him that!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:06:44 AM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.