home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 730860 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #3475 on: September 27, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »

- you also have a load of books from the observatory tower. Donate? Sell?  Donate
- prisoners: the relatives of the Wittgensteins from the Slaanesh temple. Hand over to the church of Sigmar?  Yes

- when you're done in Nuln, head to Kemperbad to sort out the exciseman!  Nah, let him stew.

I'll also tournament it up.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #3476 on: September 27, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
Klaus wants to listed from high priority to ...less priority (church thingy was done)

- make his claim on being an Averland noble with help of max
- write a letter to Greta written by max also telling his story over the city of bogenhafen...but not mentioning the name of the city and persons to keep their identiy hidden as was promised....
- going to a mage or priest to get the connection Etelka has to him severed
- Going into the undercity/thief area of nuln to  hire three groups of bounty hunters to hunt down Etelka Herzen the reward will be 500 gold pieces he offers 100 gp in advance but makes sure he hires reliable groups dead or alive (is the price to low to hunt down a mage)?
- taking a bath repairing and cleaning his kit
- buying another set of noble clothes so he can alternate a bit
- gambling and flirting with noble women in the upper class inns and taverns to win money screw rich ladies and observe the behaviour of nobles.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #3477 on: September 27, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »
Here we are in Nuln. Some things to do:

- you have a cargo of brandy to sell Done
- you also have a load of books from the observatory tower. Donate? Sell? Mortus want to read them before there is any donating done, just to see if there is anything interesting in that that needs to be done.
- prisoners: the relatives of the Wittgensteins from the Slaanesh temple. Hand over to the church of Sigmar? done
- report to Father Thingy at the cathedral Done
- Max wants a doctor for Mortus. Right away! Done
- everyone needs to rest and heal Done

Mortus want to have dinner with Max, and the others if they run into anybody on the way to the inn.
She wants to book a room in a fairly expensive in.
She wants to see if she can study in the university library
She wants to read the books that they found in the tower
She wants to study her spell books and learn some new spells
She wants to see if she can bank her gold at the merchants guild and get a ticket for it or something.
Other than that I think rest and food are the way to go.

Also how does getting to level 2 work.

I need 100XP (now that Mortus has learnt all the stuff she needs that)   What will the increase in magic points etc be?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:56:54 PM by commandant »

• Members
« Reply #3478 on: September 27, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »
Regarding books...I think we agreed to burn all necromancy books....and regarding the stuff on the pride of Nuln everything that belonged to Etelka and Schmid was plundered and brought over to the faithful hound for further .....search....yes also all clothes of both of them.

Plunder Hoooooo!

I think we should keep as many of the books we deem useful and sell the rest for a minor fee to the university....donation no way!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3479 on: September 27, 2012, 02:10:55 PM »
OK, thanks! Most things look fine on those lists.

Does Julian want to do anything besides change career to gunner? He could spend his 300 EXP like this:
100 to change to gunner
100 to learn the bombs skill
100 to learn chemistry

- write a letter to Greta written by max also telling his story over the city of bogenhafen...but not mentioning the name of the city and persons to keep their identiy hidden as was promised....

I'm not clear what you mean by this.

I like the bounty hunter plan!

Quote from: commandant
Also how does getting to level 2 work.

I need 100XP (now that Mortus has learnt all the stuff she needs that)   What will the increase in magic points etc be?

OK, so you learned the two skills you needed, and also the wind blast spell, right? So that leaves you with 200 EXP.

I'm having trouble deciding about the L2 thing. The rulebook says it costs 200 EXP to change to L2, and then 400 EXP per spell! I already cut the cost for L1 spells from 200 to 100, so I'm thinking about halving the cost of higher level spells also. But I'm not sure about the cost to gain a level.

Either way, you won't have enough EXP to learn any L2 spells yet. Going to L2 gets you 4d4 magic points, a new advance scheme, and access to new skills.

Hmmmm.  :icon_confused:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #3480 on: September 27, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »
Klaus wants to write sort of a book about the adventures the party has been through and sell it to ...well young nobles as they are most likely the ones to have the money to afford a scandalous book about romance....erotic even, battle, adventure, corruption, glory.

I guess Klaus will have loads of trouble though if he mentions the real persons names and the real places so he wants to make it....hmm fictional enough that people might think the stories are just stories...but realistic enough that they might figure....maybe it is true after all.

With some cheesy intro line feeding into this something like.

In a galaxy far far away....once upon a time....

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3481 on: September 27, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »
Regarding books...I think we agreed to burn all necromancy books..

You only brought the books from the observatory, not the ones from Castle Wittgenstein.

There's a disagreement on donating the books to the university! If you do donate them, you'll be allowed to use the university libraries whenever you want. Cannon in favour of donating, Fandir against. Commandant and Finlay? Donate or sell?

Klaus wants to write sort of a book about the adventures the party has been through and sell it to ...well young nobles as they are most likely the ones to have the money to afford a scandalous book about romance....erotic even, battle, adventure, corruption, glory.

Oh, right. Well, that will take some time! You can start it though.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #3482 on: September 27, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »
Yes and the prolouge and maybe first chaptar touching only bogenhafen...I won´t name the city of Bogenhafen though but some imaginary city somewhere in a country....very similar to the empire. and send it as a letter to Greta....and will hand a copy to that young noble chick´Klaus danced with not in person though as otherwise he has to hang around the kids the whole time he is in nuln.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #3483 on: September 27, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
Make Mortus a level 2, if she has any XP left I am sure there are more interesting level 1 spells she can learn (or maybe a perk from the level 2 advance tree.)   

Maybe some flashy wizarding robes for mortus, hmmm maybe not :)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3484 on: September 27, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »
Klaus's book sounds fun. He needs someone to create some scandalous woodcuts to include in the finished book!

Make Mortus a level 2, if she has any XP left I am sure there are more interesting level 1 spells she can learn (or maybe a perk from the level 2 advance tree.)   

OK, upgraded Mortus to L2. She gained 10 magic points. I decided it only cost 100 EXP to gain a level, so you have 100 left. I forgot you need the cast spells L2 skill (for 100 EXP) before you could learn any L2 spells anyway! So you could spend the EXP on that, one of the other skills, or a stat increase.

Meditation lets you recover magic points without sleeping.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #3485 on: September 27, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »
Donate fo sho. I want to talk to the priest rufus. I’ll update later, don’t move us on till I can please!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #3486 on: September 27, 2012, 02:54:12 PM »
Scandalous....woodcuterry sounds like a grand addition I guess Klaus will drop by some Nuln artist to get info what is even possible.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3487 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
Donate fo sho. I want to talk to the priest rufus. I’ll update later, don’t move us on till I can please!

OK! No problem.

Quote from: Fandir
Scandalous....woodcuterry sounds like a grand addition I guess Klaus will drop by some Nuln artist to get info what is even possible.

An artist won't cost too much.

I think you can get a set of books printed, complete with woodcut illustrations, for a few thousand crowns!

If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #3488 on: September 27, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »
Sounds great.....but first lets check the interest.

:::cheers:::

Klaus and yet another cunning scheme to make money!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3489 on: September 27, 2012, 03:11:59 PM »
OK. Are you sure you spent all your experience points by the way?
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #3490 on: September 27, 2012, 03:14:39 PM »
I got mimic and +10 coolness and +10 willpower ...so I am fully spent.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3491 on: September 27, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »
Ah, I see. I was looking at your character sheet, and couldn't tell what you'd spent the points on.

Billy has changed career to sailor, and is now quite good at fighting! S4, strike mighty blow, 2A!

Max is going to take his last Int advance, and learn secret signs: lawyer (as he is inducted into the lawyers' guild... this will presumably involve weird and humiliating secret rituals). Then he'll use his last 100 EXP attempting to learn heal wounds, so he can do first aid.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #3492 on: September 27, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
Our party has some nice size does matter theme ... the smaller the deadlier :-)

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #3493 on: September 27, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
Meditation lets you recover magic points without sleeping.

I think I'll pick this as MPs are really important but how long does she need to meditate for in order for it to work?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3494 on: September 27, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »
I just put the description on your sheet. d6 minutes per magic point, but you have to choose in advance how many magic points to regain, and you can't stop meditating until then.

So, say you want to regain 5 MP. You will then be meditating for 5d6 minutes, during which time you are totally helpless.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #3495 on: September 27, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
That seems like a good enough power.   Something to do in Mortus' down time :)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3496 on: September 27, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Hmmm, I like Nuln, but Middenheim or Marienburg would be much easier places to spend time in. I have books for each of those, but virtually no information about Nuln! Or Altdorf. Oh well.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #3497 on: September 27, 2012, 11:11:59 PM »
Make stuff up we won´t notice a difference....or just take MArienburg and pretend we are there....while all the time saying ...Nulni.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3498 on: September 27, 2012, 11:17:11 PM »
I do make stuff up, but the problem then is I have to remember it! Whereas if it's out of a book I can look it up later. But never mind. I'm hoping we'll visit Marienburg at some point, and we will definitely be going to Middenheim for the next major adventure.

I have a few mini-adventures I want to run first though, I think.

You know, I have the original hardback Middenheim book, and the binding is terrible. The pages keep falling out, so I can't even open it fully!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:36:22 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #3499 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:04 AM »
I'm waiting for the awkward sex scene between rufus and commandant ...  :ph34r:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.