home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 733733 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #5975 on: April 12, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »
If we are bing honest then setting off a bomb and engaging in street fighting on the eve of one of the most important event in the Middenhiem year does count as

'actions harmful to the security and prosperity of the city-state of Middenheim'

So as such finding them guilty of that is not unfair, just annoying.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5976 on: April 12, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »
Not angry! Unexpected turn of events. Hope you don't think my posts make you think i'm angry at you! I know that's the flaw of nonverbal communication though.

I think that recently, i've made some IC choices that were based off wanting the more interesting or fun circumstances that Admund would not have really done. I probably shouldn't do that in the future.

Can I have magic dwarf skin for the whipping? I'm probably going to have to fight this minatour with 2 wounds!  :-D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:54:23 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #5977 on: April 12, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
How is getting hauled before the lw unexpected when you set off a bomb in a city?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5978 on: April 12, 2013, 10:53:59 AM »
I'm expecting to be suddenly set upon and beaten up by angry players. Deservedly so.  ::heretic::

I feel like you won't be able to get out of this! They won't back down!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5979 on: April 12, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »
How is getting hauled before the lw unexpected when you set off a bomb in a city?

No indication that it was me. All the watch know is that I was employed by Bardin, found shot by a watch sergeant who I aided in apprehending two others, and now they are testifying that i'm the bad guy which is contradicted by the victims.

Admund really isn't innocent, but they really don't have enough on me yet.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #5980 on: April 12, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »
I'm expecting to be suddenly set upon and beaten up by angry players. Deservedly so.  ::heretic::

I feel like you won't be able to get out of this! They won't back down!

I don't know why you think that you deserve to be beaten up by angry players.   They got themselves into this mess.   You gave them ample warning that actng the way we acted the Bogenhafen [setting off bombs, geetting involved in street fights etc.] would be serious and unacceptable in Middenhiem and yet that is what they did anyway.

Also if there is a serious influnce from the purple hand guys then it would not be that difficult for them to suggets that the problem with the King is that Max or Heinrich or somebody called him to cause trouble and lost control.   In a lot of ways they are getting off quite lightly.

No indication that it was me. All the watch know is that I was employed by Bardin, found shot by a watch sergeant who I aided in apprehending two others, and now they are testifying that i'm the bad guy which is contradicted by the victims.

Admund really isn't innocent, but they really don't have enough on me yet.

They have to blame somebody and it is easier for them to just lunp in the entire group together.   [More so when the group is at fault]

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5981 on: April 12, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
The crimes are unrelated though. Sure a bomb went off and they want to reassure the people, but i'm sure there are plenty of street fights, seedy groups or people, or other crimes that are happening in the city that they could simply pin it on - if randomly pinning this crime on someone is what they want.

Story plot question: Does the Purple Hand know that we're here or coming? Like has some member of the Purple Hand escaped in the past to Middenheim and warned the cult? I'm new to the party so I don't think the cult knows about me. If this isn't supposed to be revealed, then it is ok not to tell me. Just trying to figure out how past exploits of the party are effecting them now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:08:51 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #5982 on: April 12, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
The past exploits of the party have all been mostly directed at the Red Crown Cult.   I don't think that the party [other than Mortus] even knows that the purple hand is in Middenheim [Though they might well suspect that something is going on].   The party doesn't really know anything about the purple hand, other than the fact that they are a cult.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #5983 on: April 12, 2013, 11:13:27 AM »
I too think that that at the very least most of the group is already known as troublemakers and also Max and Klaus were whipped for far less. So actually it IS justice...not in our modern understanding but perfectly fine with Imperial law.....you seem to be up to trouble...here take some whipping to teach you a lesson.

Klaus will try to prevent this whole mess together with Klaus as he thinks Admund and Heinrich will never be friends with him if they will be flogged but if you look at it objectively.....there is enough reason for the watch to at least do some disciplinary stuff. Going before the courts wonīt be the smartest idea as this Hoflich is a hardliner and the punishment might be even more severe ....even without any evidence but just him having the chance to call a sentance. We know this at least Admund, Klaus and Max.

Heinrich too if he has listened at the group talking in the inn about the current situation and Klaus talking about that the group should investigate into the tax reform thingy and the current law stuff going on.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5984 on: April 12, 2013, 11:14:48 AM »
The party do know the purple hand are in Middenheim - Othmayer (a red crown guy) told them so, and his own files (which he took with him when he fled Altdorf) confirmed this. My extensive plot summary in the last post of the character sheet thread explains this!

The party know about a haulage company in the Wynd that is (according to the red crown files) a front for the purple hand.

However, the only purple hand members that the party have met (for sure) are Kastor Liebenrung (who they found already dead), a chaos warrior who was a guest at Castle Wittgenstein, and a wizard in a secret lab in the tunnels below the city (the one with the pet mutant lizard). The cult may or may not know about the party: there's no way to tell yet.

I don't know why you think that you deserve to be beaten up by angry players. 

I feel like I'm being excessively mean.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #5985 on: April 12, 2013, 11:17:05 AM »
I feel like I'm being excessively mean.

You are ...which is part of the fun. For a GM you are incredibly nice to the player though and rational so donīt beat yourself up and do what you think suits the style of the npcīs best.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #5986 on: April 12, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
I'm okay with the injustice of it all, but I'm roleplaying Heinrich, and he's not going to go along with it. He really will die before allowing himself to be unfairly punished. He's too proud.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5987 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:32 AM »
Got it. Rufus, you're doing a fantastic job GMing.

Klaus, you might get that pint from Admund if you get us out of a flogging. If not, you better leave the city  :wink:

Can all of us get extra experience points to learn the "Law" skill after this? I'm sure Admund has learned a lot from this mess about the law.  :-D

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5988 on: April 12, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »
I'm going to take up self-flagellation to deal with the guilt.

He really will die before allowing himself to be unfairly punished.

Don't do that!
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5989 on: April 12, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

You can actually do this in 2nd Edition! It's an advanced career that can be entered by Priests, Friars, and Zealots. It has +6 wounds and +1.5 toughness!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5990 on: April 12, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »
Great! I'll start practicing.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #5991 on: April 12, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »

Don't do that!

I know, but I have to play him correctly. He can't boldly stride to meet the King in hand to hand and then meekly back down at the threat of a whipping.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5992 on: April 12, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »
I'm torn (probably because I'm new at this). There are some things that are more fun and interesting, but are not what Admund would really do. There are other things that Admund would really do, but he'd wind up in prison quickly, or I would detract from the plot a bit.

• Members
« Reply #5993 on: April 12, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
But Cannon....Heinrich IS  a vigilante doing whatever he thinks is right regardless of the law so there actually is no injustice going on. We didnīt properly report all the Bardin hazzle and leave it to the watch but acted ourselves...and they donīt even know about the burglary...what if someone saw you guys and told the watch with a rough description of your clothes and gear? What if anyone has seen us along Julian challenging Bardin for the duel.

So in reality Heinrich broke the law on several accounts it is only unlikely that they have proof.....hopefully.

That said, Max was beaten several times without any just reason, without access to modern world forensics it is rather realistic that the law hands out some flogging if they only suspect someone of something as a warning the harsher punishments are kept in reserve for the real deal...and for the burglery and murdering Heinrich has done in the past he most likely would get more than some lashings.

Pretty much the same with Admund, even an "honorable" sellsword isnīt allowed to capture people and rough them up and there is more than enough people telling this tale.....the watch wonīt make a difference between him and the other two henchmen of Bardin. And Admund already got away on two other occasions with the watch believing him....they might feel the itch just to tell admund so he wonīt show up a fourth time.

Problem is that somehow they knew where we were and arrested everyone so someone must have told them...and someone must be working against us. Being stuck in a law trial wonīt help much clearing up who is behind this.....might be the purple hand.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:32:22 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5994 on: April 12, 2013, 11:36:20 AM »

Don't do that!

I know, but I have to play him correctly. He can't boldly stride to meet the King in hand to hand and then meekly back down at the threat of a whipping.
I wouldn’t see the situations as analogous, and also don’t think many people would get themselves killed to avoid an unjust whipping.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #5995 on: April 12, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »
Yes.

Julian is the super honorable guy and I think it is correct that he accepts his punishment as ...well he did something wrong.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5996 on: April 12, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
Pretty much the same with Admund, even an "honorable" sellsword isnīt allowed to capture people and rough them up and there is more than enough people telling this tale.....the watch wonīt make a difference between him and the other two henchmen of Bardin. And Admund already got away on two other occasions with the watch believing him....they might feel the itch just to tell admund so he wonīt show up a fourth time.

The only testimony that I abducted someone comes from the guilty accused of being spies. The abductee himself (Max) said he came willingly to meet Bardin, which isn't a crime. Admund has been seen by the watch before this. Out of game back story, he and an entire pub were rounded up and put in the drunk tank cell after a large brawl, and once Admund was found as a victim, shot in the head by Bardin. Admund helped apprehend the guilty mercenaries that were hiding in another warehouse.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5997 on: April 12, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Julian is the only one they really have concrete stuff on, as he admitted the dual, and there is a pub full of people who saw it!

I could insist on a trial, but dualing in private, without a second = bad times.

I also think a lot of "modern" justice is being inferred here. If the law lord doesn't like the look of your face... he whips you.

The captain in bogenhafen whipped klaus and max just because he wanted to.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5998 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:44 AM »
Ah, see there's the trick.

I have a beautiful face.

• Members
« Reply #5999 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
No you donīt......

:smile2:

And yes Finlay nailed it.....Admund was told not to make trouble again...even though he didnīt make any but he was in a cell once too often to be just let gone.
That said..Klaus will try to cut a deal with The LAw Lord Ehrlich to gain leverage against Hoflich and investigate in the tax business if he pardons you guys. So instead of vast amounts of money you guys wonīt be whipped...if Klaus succeeds in his bartering.