home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)  (Read 730832 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen RPG (out of character thread)
« Reply #9400 on: February 28, 2014, 01:24:09 PM »
She saw a thing in the lab in Castle Wittgenstein.   I don't think there was anything in the castle to suggest what the thing in the lab could do.   I didn't take any notes to suggest that there was.   I don't think the party discovered what the thing in the lab did until they reached Middenhiem, though I suppose that it could be a mistake in my notes.

So with a complete lack of information born out of the refusal to communicate with the rest of the team she suggest that the mightiest man in the city strips down before her for no other reason that she has a hunch that he might wark cultist tattoos?

Also lets not discuss this...it will lead to nothing but someone saying mortus logic and commandante sulking.

Its as likely that she has just asked a shapeshifter to expose his chest as the mightiest man in the city.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:28:32 PM by commandant »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9401 on: February 28, 2014, 01:30:21 PM »
Anyway:

thanks for the link, Fandir! I did want to reread that.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #9402 on: February 28, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »
You are welcome...I was astonished it was SOoooooooooo far behind even though it has been what....two days.

So much great adventure happened in the meantime....chase scenes, rescuing Ulrun, fighting the doom lord.

Great job Rufus  :eusa_clap: the game flys by.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9403 on: February 28, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
You've done a lot in a small number of game days!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #9404 on: February 28, 2014, 05:24:56 PM »
Finlay could ask what the Graf ate with him when they met.

"The champion and I are going to the Great Lounge. I would like dwarf beer, if we have it. Also good tobacco, preferably from The Moot. And a light meal - some bread and cuts of cold meat."

He could ask him if he recalls from which Karak Julian is

"Ah yes... Karak Norn... I visited that hold once, many years ago." The Graft smiles, staring into space as he relives his memory. He drinks a little of his beer, but doesn't touch the tobacco or the food - he seems to have ordered them for Julian's benefit.

Where the group has been already

"most useful over the past few months. I am sorry to tell your grace that there are strange machinations in the Empire. Me and my friends have foiled plots in Bogehnafen, at Castle Wittgenstein and in Altdorf itself. And now we believe that Middenheim is a target of some such plot. These plots seem to be connected to the ruinous powers, my lord. This may be hard to believe for the average citizen but I know that you will know the true danger here and not dismiss my story as some fairytale paranoia.

And on what mission the Graf did sent his Champion

"Blackmail? Magic?" the Graf says, frowning, "how can that be possible? But you are my champion, and I suppose I should listen... I'm afraid I don't really know what those tax laws consist of. Everyone was so insistent that they were necessary for the city finances... and I find it so hard to concentrate on business since my wife died... perhaps I have neglected my duty. Investigate then, champion, and return to me with proof."

In doubt I would say the confused one is more likely the real Graf, also the dagger is less of an assassins weapon using the piece of rope would have left no blood stains which might have indicated a struggle.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #9405 on: February 28, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
The problem is fandir, the gfraf is a bit mental.

Woukd you expect someone a bit mental to remember a detailed conversation from two days earlier?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9406 on: February 28, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »
I suggest we have co-Grafs of the city. We shall no longer call him Graf Boris, but now refer to them forever as Graf 1 and Graf 2.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9407 on: February 28, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
That sounds an eminently practical solution.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #9408 on: February 28, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »
Kill them both, Julian is the new graf.

Any mother tucker who argues gets barrakul'd.

Ummm, yeh. I think its definitely graf 1 though.

Is wasmeier our friend? I don't want a law lord who isnt our friend in charge!

Which ones tpare oiur friends now, ar Ulric, sparsam, and hoflich?

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9409 on: February 28, 2014, 10:40:30 PM »
Wasmier is the "Moderate" law lord and has thus far appeared squeaky clean. I'm still suspicious, but I don't have anything on him We know that Holfich and Wasmier have been meeting in private since Ehrlich has been "sick". That doesn't mean he's evil however.

What if we make them fight to the death? The winner is clearly the shapechanger, as the real graf is mentally unstable and probably not so good at fighting. We then kill this shape changer and make Julian the new Graf, and abolish the new taxes.

We basically need the woman from the wizard school to come do a test, or Julian needs to pop quiz them. I don't trust very many other people.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9410 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »
Just read Rufus's update.

I'm fairly certain Graf 2 (the awake one Heinrich was holding) is the shape changer. Sleepy Graf sounds more like the Graf Julian met with.

Just my hunch so far.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #9411 on: February 28, 2014, 11:25:05 PM »
The fact he acted as the Graf whilst not noticing the other chap is a bit of a hint.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

• Members
« Reply #9412 on: February 28, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »
Told you right from the start....Graf 1 Dagger Graf is the real one.

Wasmeier could be the power behind the throne for all we know...the Shapechanger by now must be rather desperate his final escape plans have been foiled.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #9413 on: February 28, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
Can no one remind me wghicg law lord are our allies?

Is it only one of them?

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #9414 on: February 28, 2014, 11:30:50 PM »
Ehrlich is the good guy that was blackmailed with his niece....Hoflich was the Shapechanger and Wasmeier is the wizard. It is odd that the most likely shapechanger Graf is requesting him to come to the castle.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9415 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:28 PM »
Told you right from the start....Graf 1 Dagger Graf is the real one.

Wasmeier could be the power behind the throne for all we know...the Shapechanger by now must be rather desperate his final escape plans have been foiled.

You might be right. This shape changer can't be acting alone. Someone on the inside has to be helping him. It can't be Brandt, he's to far from the throne, and more concerned with sexing little boys. It's not Ehrlich, and Holfich is probably dead with his brains eaten somewhere. I doubt Sparsam is the mastermind, he's too much a doofus, nor the elfs. Who's left?

It is odd that the most likely shapechanger Graf is requesting him to come to the castle.

Which makes me suspicious of Wasmier. Would a Wizard vote to tax himself like this though?

• Members
« Reply #9416 on: February 28, 2014, 11:40:57 PM »
He wouldnt have to ehrlich and hoflich voted for the tax. We know this. Wasmeier so far has supported klaus a bit. Mortus is the only one knowing that rallane and emanuelle(grafs daughter!!!) Are cultists..i think she told max that rallane is bad mojo. Confused Graf is the true one i guess. Finlay julian could ask him if he recalls from which hold he is.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9417 on: February 28, 2014, 11:55:06 PM »
Emmanuelle isn't the grafs daughter. She's one of the ladies at court. Katarina is the graf's daughter. She's watching ice dancing or something right now. The graf's paramour (Anika-Elise Nikse) was suspected as evidenced in Brandt's letters.

Brandt and the Graf's paramour are in the sex cult Jade Scepter together with Rallane and some other merchantile people.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:01:40 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9418 on: March 01, 2014, 12:26:59 AM »
Emmanuelle isn't the grafs daughter. She's one of the ladies at court. Katarina is the graf's daughter. She's watching ice dancing or something right now. The graf's paramour (Anika-Elise Nikse) was suspected as evidenced in Brandt's letters.

Brandt and the Graf's paramour are in the sex cult Jade Scepter together with Rallane and some other merchantile people.

Anika-Elise was the Graf's wife, who died a little while ago. Brandt's journal claimed she was the leader of a Slaanesh cult.

Emmanuelle is his current paramour, though she was also involved with Ar-Ulric! She's not connected with any chaos cults.

Rallane and Princess Katarina were alledged to be cultists, in an entirely unsubstantiated and suspicious note that a mysterious person sent to Mortus for unknown reasons.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9419 on: March 01, 2014, 04:09:09 AM »
Yes, that's right. I should have reread the character thread.  :icon_redface:

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9420 on: March 01, 2014, 11:37:16 AM »
That's OK - I just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings!
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #9421 on: March 01, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »
Lots of plot going on with lots of characters over several weeks....months.

Of course we get all confused once in a while.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #9422 on: March 01, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »
Just read Rufus's update.

I'm fairly certain Graf 2 (the awake one Heinrich was holding) is the shape changer. Sleepy Graf sounds more like the Graf Julian met with.

Just my hunch so far.

Do we know if the Graf that Julian met is the real Graf?

• Members
« Reply #9423 on: March 01, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »
Yes.

Otherwise we would all be dead.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9424 on: March 01, 2014, 12:02:12 PM »
If the Graf had already been replaced, this scene would be redundant!
If I wanted to.