home

Author Topic: Steg's "2nd intervention army from Altdorf" (building and painting blog)  (Read 45243 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
I bet they only rank up in exactly that arrangement.

I like the engineer!

Yeah arranging them is a crime... I could maybe swap a few around but mostly they need to stick like this especially the row behind the first.
(they got numbered on the bottom of their base  :icon_rolleyes: just because of this.
I still need to figure out how best to align them in horde formation..probably just add some older models in the middle files.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
So here he is my Warrior Priest of Ulric (on foot), my entry for the painting competition of June.
I'm so satisfied with this one that I will redo the mounted version to match this color scheme.

The scheme is mostly derived from the mounted Warrior Priest of Ulric showed in the Storm of Chaos campaign book.

I also have 2 W.I.P. pictures from my cannon, the crew members still need some last work. But my knights of the Blazing Sun have a higher priority at the moment.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:19:47 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
With some handy sites I got linked by WL_Soth I managed to use my Girlfriends camera a bit better with the macro function.
Most basic and easiest site I got: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=641531

So tell me what you think! I took some test pictures of my latest 2 models

Master Engineer:

Warrior Priest of Ulric:

I did adjust the exposure a bit, but it mostly lits up the background a bit more.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:21:36 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
On the priest of Ulric, there seems to be too much of a contrast from the deep blue up to so much white.

However, I do like the brighter pictures. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
So here is my Cannon crew:

The Cannon Master:

1st Cannon Operator:

2nd Cannon Operator:

And with their pride:

I still need to figure out the best setting for the timer to open up to make it all clear instead of the back a bit blurry..

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:26:13 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

• Members
Received Pleasant Surprise made by JAK

I made Khazrak the One Eye for Kirgan:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:36:57 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline Kirgan

• Members
And he is come today in his new home  :happy:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

• Members
added to the 2nd post, as I just got confirmation that my pre-order is on his way to me OH JOY!!! Can't wait for it!

As I walked into the store Saturday to get my book (which they didn't have yet) I did pickup a few Greatswords (small box of 5 metal and a blister of 3 metal). Added them aswell

Incoming order added:
Volkmar the Grim on War Altar of Sigmar
Celestial Hurricanum / Luminark of Hysh
Demigryph Knights x2
Empire Witch Hunter - Finecast
Markus Wulfhart, Huntsmarshal of The Empire - Finecast
Karl Franz on Deathclaw

• Members
for the march update I added 3 more Demigryphs, I didn't do the reigns yet as I noticed with the first 3 that it will hamper painting..

with the 3 models that I had assembled earlier:

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:26:20 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

• Members
and the third row added to my greatswords

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:26:48 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

• Members
So I made my mind up about my army composition (unless someone can really convince me to make last moment alterations in my Parade Ground thread) besides my equipment on characters (that is easily swapped).
And thus I will make this my goal for painting first and foremost.

What you see:

Lords:
Arch Lector (DONE)
Wizard Lord

Heroes:
Captain (BSB)
Captain (pegasus - will probably look for a better model then Balthasar Gelts Pegasus)
Engineer (DONE)
Warrior Priest (needs to be redone - robe of the priest + barding of the Horse)

Core:
10 +5+5 Archers (at the moment bretonians, so they need to be replaced by Empire archers eventually)
50 Halberdiers
15 Swordsmen (10/15 DONE)
15 Free Company
10 KotBS

Special:
4 Demigryphs
1 Cannon (DONE)

Rare:
1 Hurricanum
1 HBVG

to make the 3k list:

Core:
10 KotWW (DONE except movement tray)

Special:
1 Cannon
5 Pistoliers

I will set out to have this finished + minor alterations I find needed before Eurobash 2015.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:27:27 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline -SaH-

• Members
I see this quite late, so probably decisions are made - but please do not change Baltazar pegasus - it very nice and rare model :)

As for bretonians - they are very good in my opinion for Empire archers, as our archers are more like huntsmen... Just swap them heads, add some swords and daggers from state troops bits and it will be great.

How much time You give Yourself for all of this? Right now I'm trying to paint army for 2400 pts (some kind of standard in Poland) and I hope I'll finish it this year.
To fight Chaos on the battlefields, not to grow rich and fat in the golden halls of the capital, that is the purpose of our Cult! - Boomed Luthor's voice at the Council

• Members
I'm not altering the B Gelt peggie, I will eventually finish it for B Gelt himself, but I can't mount any other character on it to show it as a Captain that doesn't look croocked in some way. That is why I want another Pegasus that can have a mounted captain fitted.

The archer will do indeed for now, not a high priority swap, and will probabaly paint the brets before being able to buy empire archers anyway.

time: till april/may 2015  :mellow:

• Members
For my March goal I set out to paint the first 5 of my Knights of the Blazing Sun.
I got this so far ready that I only need to paint up the sand I added on the bases and to add grass. When I have completed that I'll add the Banner that I got from S.O.F., so I can prefent any bending and other mishapps while I still work on the base.

But for now here it is:

The first row:

Knight1

Musician

Preceptor

Standard Bearer (without the banner for now)

Knight5
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:15:08 AM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
KoBS look great vince. Looking forward to seeing them at the eurobash.

I move the wings back on my gelt peg. It allows it to take any riding legs.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

• Members
KoBS look great vince. Looking forward to seeing them at the eurobash.

I move the wings back on my gelt peg. It allows it to take any riding legs.

Thanks and you will :)

That would be an idea, but will need to drill and pin them then as the whole frigging thing is metal.. and I haven't got any experience doing that. Not to mention that I lack such a drill at the moment.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Bring it to the bash and i'll do it for you. I'll bring the tools, you bring the model!
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Syphon

• Members
Amazing work, Steg. The title was a bit misleading, though. I half expected pictures of you being dragged away from your desk by concerned friends and family.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
Amazing work, Steg. The title was a bit misleading, though. I half expected pictures of you being dragged away from your desk by concerned friends and family.

Wut??  :ph34r: how did you get that idea?  :biggriin:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
The word "intervention" has medical meanings.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

• Members

Haha, that would be something! Any military wordings then that would be better suited?
 :biggriin:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members

Haha, that would be something! Any military wordings then that would be better suited?

Probably not too much of a problem - it's an abstract usage of the main meaning of the word.
Usually you would intervene between two people, but it could be between a person and something else, like a bad habit, or bad behaviour.

As to alternatives it would depend on what image you are trying to get across about your army?

The word 'Expeditionary' is used a lot for forces invading or going into new territory to boldy go where no man has gone before ...................

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

• Members

Probably not too much of a problem - it's an abstract usage of the main meaning of the word.
Usually you would intervene between two people, but it could be between a person and something else, like a bad habit, or bad behaviour.

As to alternatives it would depend on what image you are trying to get across about your army?

The word 'Expeditionary' is used a lot for forces invading or going into new territory to boldy go where no man has gone before ...................

:engel:

The idea is explained in the first post. I think relieve force might work then.

Offline Hauptmann Gustl

• Members
Just some great knights  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

• Members
And here the finished product of the first rank with full command. With special thanks to S.O.F. for providing me the banner!

The complete rank including movement tray:

The Preceptor - Floris van Montmorency:

The Musician:

The Standard Bearer:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:46:28 PM by StealthKnightSteg »