home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 111789 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
In a weird way, this works. It looks like these guys are on some kind of freaky, wooden ledge and below them, there are ancient treasures, worthy of looting. :-P
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #351 on: April 13, 2018, 10:53:47 AM »
Good point!
Cropping coming 
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #352 on: April 13, 2018, 11:08:21 AM »
I enjoy Artoban's eclectic photos. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #353 on: April 13, 2018, 11:43:43 AM »
I enjoy Artoban's eclectic photos. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Me too! :biggriin:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #354 on: April 13, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
In a weird way, this works. It looks like these guys are on some kind of freaky, wooden ledge and below them, there are ancient treasures, worthy of looting. :-P

Ha! It’s a piece of barnboard that was kicking around the old barn for years I meant to chuck it may times but kept thinking it was a nice piece of wood and it finally found a home 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #355 on: April 13, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »
Canada. Shipping should be ok.

Ok, I’ll pm you so we can work out the details.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #356 on: April 17, 2018, 02:11:56 AM »
A few arrer boys to prove I havnt been just sleeping. And the rest of the greenies to come. Still no bases yet except for the 100 slotted 25 mm bases that just arrived......I thought I was ordering 32 mm slotted....☠️😾💨🌊☔️

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2018, 07:49:21 AM »
so many stuff! So many projects!

man I would go crazy with all that stuff mingled.. but great job doing it all!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2018, 09:57:03 AM »
Those look great! But it reminds me that I have a similar set that needs paint.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2018, 10:40:50 AM »
Are you just updating the painting on some of these or actually getting them done that fast?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #360 on: April 17, 2018, 11:01:23 AM »
Thanks all! All the projects are a bit crazy but then I think of GP and how many projects he’s got on the go and I relax 😸
The early monopose double choppa figures had 10 already finished. The rugluds are all new, I had 15 spearmen out of twenty already done. The newer double choppas and archers - 15 of each were partially finished and never completed. The other 30 are new. Only grimgorn was painted before and my son had done the warboss on a boar so I just touched him up. The wyvern and warchanter are new. The ork army was my first with the empire out of the starter and just never got it together. They are a definite mishmash but will be cohesive for the first time in 13 years 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #361 on: April 18, 2018, 02:03:45 AM »
So 60 of my 90 32 mm bases made it in. Just waiting for the 30 slotted 32 mm now. Although because of my above error in base size orders I’ll still be 20 short. May have to visit GW and hope they have em.
Making my way through the arrer boys. Just a few at the back need some jackets. 30 of the double choppas are upright to but only 5 in front almost complete. I used hemp army painter on the clothes but it’s so thin it requires 2 coats so the rest of them will get field grey.
Also made 2 bases for the chariots. They are old paint jobs and I don’t really mind them but they have to get freshened up if they want to go to this party. 

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #362 on: April 18, 2018, 02:24:04 AM »
Thanks all! All the projects are a bit crazy but then I think of GP and how many projects he’s got on the go and I relax  ...
:icon_lol: :icon_exclaim: :::cheers:::

- - -

And ... ya didn't answer my question up above. :icon_wink:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #363 on: April 18, 2018, 02:47:46 AM »
Thanks all! All the projects are a bit crazy but then I think of GP and how many projects he’s got on the go and I relax  ...
:icon_lol: :icon_exclaim: :::cheers:::

- - -

And ... ya didn't answer my question up above. :icon_wink:

Parts of every unit were already done years ago. I blended as best to beef up the existing units.
Old monopose - had 10 done - added anothe 5 unipose and 5 rugluds to bring them to 20
Ruglugs - had 4 colour party done - added 15 more new plus grimgorn for 20
Double choppas from starter box - had 15 partially painted - added another 15 new for 30
Arrer boys - had 15 partially painted - added another 15 new for 30
Boar boys - had 5 old metals painted - added another 10 new for 15
New rocklobber from scratch
Had 2 painted chariots - new mdf bases made and will touch them up
Had grimgorn painted - will leave him be except added a base - no one messes with grimgorn 😸
Had warboss on boar - rebased him and touched him up
New wyvern
New warchanter
All the new stuff made and wip in April except wyvern (end of March) all existing getting redone/ finished as well since April.
Most ambitious month so far. Not sure if I’ll make it yet.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2018, 12:44:12 AM »
Since about 2005 or a bit earlier these guys have been hanging out mostly unfinished and basrely ever used. The new AoS rules actually make them better then they were. More than 20, hitting on 4, wounds on 4 and an extra attack in melee. Another mob. Next are the same motley crew from the same starter boxes except they have twin choppas.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #365 on: April 22, 2018, 02:07:15 AM »
Packing it in at 30 orruks with twin choppas. Kinda feels good having all these boys who were just lounging around out of site of a good fight done. At the very least it will take a bit to turn them into green paste. Another 20 ardboys to do (no bases yet and half painted so far) and 2 chariots. The bases I made and glued the models in place. Just have to clean them up a bit and throw the grit on. As long as I don’t get killed in a fiery car crash or crushed by a 16 ton block, I should have this. I will be short at least 20 bases though. 1 st 30 x 32 mm slotted from Spain are somewhere in Canada but the other 30 aren’t shipped yet. I screwed up that order.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #366 on: April 22, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »
Not sure why I like these older figures, but I do!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #367 on: April 23, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »
Not sure why I like these older figures, but I do!

I have the same feeling. Here are 2 stomping crunching chariots that are not so good in the new warscrolls. They are pretty lame actually with no impact hits. Oh well, more fodder for some empire cannons.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2018, 02:28:04 AM »
Bases arrived from Spain. Still short 10 thanks to being only able to count like an ork. Anyways, 20 old old twin choppas supplemented by a few rugluds and 8 new ardboys ( former rugluds) with grimgorn getting demoted to company champ. The other 11 still unpainted and based.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2018, 07:52:51 AM »
Oh the nostalgia! The 6th starter set orcs and chariots!
Great work, keep it up!
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2018, 09:55:21 AM »
The sun also rises. :icon_wink:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »
Thanks novo and GP!
I do like those old old guys. I only had 10 painted before but they acted as my black orcs for grimgorn and I converted some for my bloodbowl team ( which I suddenly realize why I was short 5)
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #372 on: April 24, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »
Is the flat of your table, showing in the top down photo, a mat of some kind or painted or something else like wall papered?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #373 on: April 24, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »
@GP - it’s a piece of salvaged barnboard that was going to be tossed on a few occasions. Kept thinking it still had some life in it yet

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2018, 01:18:28 AM »
Little update. Painted the last 11 ardboys and pondering the base problem. Someone on the tga forum recommended 32 mm slotted bloodbowl bases. They have a small hole for the football which can be filled and 7.91 for 12 bases in 3 days to the local GW shop. Ordered and now waiting. The 9 guys borrowing their inferior small bases can be scorned by the other ones and this may allow me to finish my most ambititious undertaking yet. All in the month of April except the wyvern.  Including what to me seems like home made over size bases for the boar boys, a scrapbuilt rock lobber, home built bases for the wyvern boss and chariots. Bases from China and Spain, a piece of cabinet backing mdf from the shop and now GW uk. 120 boots on the ground, plus cavalry and leaders. Not all successes but considering the lazy gits have been hanging around for 13-14 years doing not much, I can now field a 2500 pt orruk army that may be the greatest green tar pit that I know. You really have to work to kill em all. I’ll post a greenskinz army thing later when I have the bases. On the AoS front, I have a bunch of spiders that need to be built and I really like the spiderfang grots so I may through that together. There is an awesome spiderfang on the brush and pallet and he uses the scuttling as well which is very cool. A proper stormcast army is on the list as well.
I think I may not convert my other empire, goblin, high elf army although the tzeentch would be good for 40k as well but I really like the bases so they probably won’t move either. All the T9A stuff is free to download and I’m thinking of looking at that for some old world action with the armies I have.  Lion Rampant and Dragon Rampant I will explore different manufactures to flesh that out so the hobby world is looking pretty good. 40K has a bunch of Addons to existing armies as well. The stormcast eternal and vanguard kit is on my list to start and I want a lord Relictor.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:30:09 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020