home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...  (Read 72166 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...
« Reply #300 on: September 21, 2018, 04:10:12 PM »
Wow. :icon_eek: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #301 on: September 21, 2018, 10:50:12 PM »
Yess, more Deathwatch! You can join Friday and I and help our Deathwatch take over the 40k board.

Fantastic work everyone! I've also finished my initial September goal. Finished it a week or so back as well although it's sat on my painting table as I debated some additional details. Instead I'm moving on while my motivation is high.

So now I'll add to my September goal to try and finish two pieces of a crashed 40k ship, plus finish a slaughterpriest and thug. There's a few other things making some brief appearances of my desk, but only long enough to add a color or two before back to those main things.

(I painted 20 guardsmans fatigues today, but don't plan/want to do the rest for awhile. I did the fatigues while I had the right green paint out. The rest will wait till I feel like painting a different set of colors.)

Offline Irishzero

• Members
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2018, 07:24:56 AM »
Anyone else having the problem that you keep on buying stuff from eBay even though you have minis left to paint  :eusa_wall:

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:42 AM »
Anyone else having the problem that you keep on buying stuff from eBay even though you have minis left to paint  :eusa_wall:

I think a better question would be: Is there anyone here who doesn't have that problem?
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Irishzero

• Members
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2018, 09:36:48 AM »

I think a better question would be: Is there anyone here who doesn't have that problem?

Hehe yes. I have a tendency lately to also just look at old oop minis..and I wonder where my salary ends up

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2018, 01:18:46 PM »
Updating Sept. Tally

JAK ... 9 Space Marines, sculpt 5 and convert 10 City Watch.
Irishzero ... 10 of 14 handgunners, finish 1 ogre, 1 artillery piece with crew.
Gankom ... 4 Stormcast Liberators, 2 Artillery Crew, 2 Marine scouts.
Padre ... 10 Skeleton Knights.
Konrad ...  converting 3 Black Panther demigryph knights, painting 15 converted crossbowmen.
Castozor ... 20 Boyz and 2 Killa Kans.
023 ... HE lion chariot and Phoenix, three half-orc minis, 1 HE white lion trooper, 1 HE war lion.
Shadespyre ... 3 Huntsmen, 2 of White Knight's Witch Hunters, 1 random dwarf, 1 lady fighter of 18 Empire Miniatures.
GP ... finish 6 mounted crossbowmen.
Realjuan ... 1 bloodreaver.

(Completed items are in bold.)
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Irishzero

• Members
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
Think I need to face the bitter truth: I won't make the final 4 handgunners.  To much at work and also going away this weekend to Poland. Nearly made it. Good luck all with your goals ! :eusa_clap:

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #307 on: September 27, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »
I won't make it with the 15 crossbowmen. I recently settled for a much more modest goal for the last few days of the month, getting 10 huntsmen based.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #308 on: September 28, 2018, 11:55:43 PM »
The painting binge weekend begins! I got a bunch finished today, although sadly it got missed on the official list. I'll try and take some pictures in the daylight tomorrow.

All told I finished 13 various guardsmen, a slaughter priest, a bandit, 3 blood reavers and finished a fair bit more on some scenery pieces. I've updated the goal list below. I'm planning to have a fair bit of time this weekend, so hopefully I can finish off the scenery pieces I've been working on. Maybe even pull out a few random odds and ends to work on.

Updating Sept. Tally

JAK ... 9 Space Marines, sculpt 5 and convert 10 City Watch.
Irishzero ... 10 of 14 handgunners, finish 1 ogre, 1 artillery piece with crew.
Gankom ... 4 Stormcast Liberators, 2 Artillery Crew, 2 Marine scouts, finish two pieces of a crashed 40k ship, plus finish a slaughterpriest, 13 guardsmen and thug/bandit
Padre ... 10 Skeleton Knights.
Konrad ...  converting 3 Black Panther demigryph knights, painting 15 converted crossbowmen.
Castozor ... 20 Boyz and 2 Killa Kans.
023 ... HE lion chariot and Phoenix, three half-orc minis, 1 HE white lion trooper, 1 HE war lion.
Shadespyre ... 3 Huntsmen, 2 of White Knight's Witch Hunters, 1 random dwarf, 1 lady fighter of 18 Empire Miniatures.
GP ... finish 6 mounted crossbowmen.
Realjuan ... 1 bloodreaver.

(Completed items are in bold.)

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #309 on: September 29, 2018, 05:48:08 PM »
A couple of Empire projects which I've been meaning to do for years.

The first is a variant paint job rather than a conversion. Any football fans want to try and guess his name?

The second is an old Asgard mini I think? I repaired the carousing swordsman with a GW head to make him blend in better. Tempted to ask for captions for that model but I'm afraid you'll let me down by being vulgar... 

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #310 on: September 29, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
I love those Shadespyre. Can't guess footballer's name - I know zero about any sport.

My own goal is far from complete ... it will have to be October's goal.

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #311 on: September 30, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »
Thanks! Though I really must remember that posting larger than life size pics of miniatures *really* exposes your technique (or lack of it in my case!)

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #312 on: September 30, 2018, 09:34:52 AM »
A couple of Empire projects which I've been meaning to do for years.

The first is a variant paint job rather than a conversion. Any football fans want to try and guess his name?

David Seaman? Don't know many footballers by appearance but he came to mind.

The second is an old Asgard mini I think? I repaired the carousing swordsman with a GW head to make him blend in better. Tempted to ask for captions for that model but I'm afraid you'll let me down by being vulgar... 

How about: Damnit woman, buy your own beer!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2018, 09:46:23 AM »
You mean this God of the game ……………….

I had my vintage replica No 6 shirt on whilst playing Friday evening - obviously inspiring Saturday's result.  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #314 on: September 30, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »
I’ve 48 figures ready to paint as seen in earlier photo, since which time I’ve had little time to progress. The plan is to finish them by the end of the year which works out at 16 figures per month. Not sure which is best way to do this; concentrate on one figure at a time or do bits and pieces on those who share colours so I’ll not be setting targets for the intervening months.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #315 on: September 30, 2018, 03:03:49 PM »
You mean this God of the game ……………….
I had my vintage replica No 6 shirt on whilst playing Friday evening - obviously inspiring Saturday's result.  :engel:

Oh, wow, the pose is spot on! Actually, I was thinking more in the terms of the colours my chap is wearing...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 11:53:08 AM by Shadespyre »

Offline Castozor

• Members
« Reply #316 on: September 30, 2018, 09:46:42 PM »
Well due to circumstances (mostly work) I got stuck at 15 boyz and the 2 killa kans. I'll finish up the remainder tomorrow but alas that's a new month.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2018, 02:01:12 AM »
Pfft what is all this football stuff. We need more Rugby, or Lacrosse. The real manly sports!

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2018, 11:27:38 AM »
Lacrosse?
Manly?

Haha!!!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2018, 12:43:49 PM »
Lacrosse?

Huh?

(I mentioned my complete lack of knowledge of sports.)
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2018, 02:34:23 PM »
It's a Canadian thing I guess. (Is it actually that big ANYWERE else?) Like extreme tennis meets soccer. Your trying to get the lacrosse ball into the other teams net using sticks, tackling and just general manliness. (Despite whatever Warlord says!)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2018, 02:52:54 PM »
Being a seventeenth century reenactor and enthusiast, I know a bit about stoolball, hurling and pelle melle. The latter used sticks too - they played it on Pall Mall in St James' park!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »
A lot of the French and Indian reenactors here get really heavy into Lacrosse. It was from the natives originally and there's some good ol stories about all the soldiers leaving the fort to watch the silly primitives play their strange stick game, only for the natives to whip the ball into the fort, run in after it, then whip out weapons and start killing everyone.

It's like a heritage moment.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »
That'll teach them. Pesky invaders!

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2018, 06:23:40 PM »
I know it's October now, but I finished this yesterday. One more random Empire-ish miniature completed!

Octobers goals - paint the remaining 8 Empire-ish miniatures