home

Author Topic: Artobans Ghost Pack.....of....wolves..and Allies  (Read 30421 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Artobans Ghost Pack.....of....wolves..and Allies
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:58:21 AM »
So as with everyone else I'm getting a bit stoked about the new game. I've read they the free rules but have yet to pick up a codex or the new rule book yet so not sure of the dynamics of the wolves. In all honesty I probably never was and have never been a good player. Just like the models and seeing them die regularly is a common theme. I havnt played these guys yet but I started them 7 years ago and the usual routine was my son builds them, then I attempt a paint job. The two of us love the fluff around this chapter and pretty much anything to do with them. I painted the bloodclaws years ago but just did the grey hunters as my first models in the aforementioned 7 year period. I was never happy with the first results and still feel the same way but it was fun to get a squad painted. Although these aren't finished as the paint collection is pretty sparse. They are Harold Deathwolf's company and I tried to use the transfers and freehand the star. The results are painful but good for me 😺
The wolf that stalks the stars has a special place for me as my son wanted to get matching tattoos when he was 17 to show a bond between us. I'm not a tattoo guy but I almost wish we had lol.
I have another grey hunter squad to base and paint plus a squad of wolf guard , scouts and an old Bjorn metal dread.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:10:51 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Re: Artobans Ghost Pack.....of....wolves..
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:39:20 AM »
Another SW player! Welcome to the Fang, mate.
Looks very nice. The yellow paintjob on the bloodclaws (I think?) is perhaps a bit too shiny for me.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
Another SW player! Welcome to the Fang, mate.
Looks very nice. The yellow paintjob on the bloodclaws (I think?) is perhaps a bit too shiny for me.

Thank you! That yellow was a bit touch and go. It was actually a lot duller and I hit it with yellow ink.  I think I'll tone it down again 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »
Those look great!

The yellow is fine!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:48:58 AM »
I like the yellow too. Makes the squad pop, IMO.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:34:41 AM »
Thanks!  :::cheers:::

This gives me incentive to push on! I forgot to mention the other 3 drop pods as well so I think I'm good for a bit 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »
Very cool Wolves. And it's always nice to see SW's who are not from Ragnar's company. :biggriin:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 04:27:58 AM »
Some scouts are added and a few woofs. Still need work on the shoulders and a lot of stuff on the wolves. Just primed and 1st coat of Russ grey on another 10 grey hunters and 10 wolf guard.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:12:05 AM »
it's coming along nicely there!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 11:31:21 AM »
Congrats! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
Thanks all! I'm really surprised how a few hours here and there have helped my usually gloomy outlook on things. Having a lot of fun.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »
Painting and working on glorious warhammer makes everything better!

The pack is looking good! I like the look of those dogs er... wolves! What models are they?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 10:39:26 PM »
Painting and working on glorious warhammer makes everything better!

The pack is looking good! I like the look of those dogs er... wolves! What models are they?

Cripes! Maybe they are dogs. A friend gave up on his army and passed those over with the thunder wolf. I just took them gleefully. Now that I look at them they are more cuddly than wolvish. 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Artobans Ghost Pack.....of....wolves..and Allies
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 03:32:36 AM »
For Xath!
Here are my hodgepodge of valhallans IG. The 3 squads on the left are my paint job (unfortunately) and the bases are god awful. I think they were some of my first attempts and it really hadn't gotten better 😺  The fourth squad I got painted and I liked their colours so I painted the rest like I did. The command squad was supposed to be veterans so I tried to be different with the black. The Vostroyens never got painted but will some day. The 2 guys on the special base were my pleasant surprise this year. Meet Dik and Rik of the 95th 😸
Since I really liked Sharpe's Rifles. So now I have a regiment number and a new colour scheme. JAK had done these guys up. The rest of the heavy weapons guys are drifting about half complete. With some armour as well. They were originally part of an army to be based on the sisters of battle army I have as well and would combine to form the Ash Waste Inquisition. Never completed though.  I will get back to them eventually though.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 01:51:08 AM »
Scouts up! I just realized I have no black paint so I can't finish the stars of the company emblem. Supposed to be black instead of white because their scouts. Have a good chunk of the second grey wolve squad done. Not sure why I'm working on these guys since I won't be playing them for awhile but what the heck.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »
I love space wolves.  Look great!
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 12:51:07 PM »
Space Soviets! Thanks for these Artoban. They look soooo good. I love the color scheme on their great coats. Awesome looking OOP-ish army. :eusa_clap:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 04:01:48 PM »
Thank you very much!  I imeadiately liked the look of these models the first time I saw them and went about collecting them here and there. They could stand some attention and I believe the 2 banebmades are not out of order if I had to face Philly's korne lol. Actually  have no idea what the stats or playability but I like them 😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »
I continue to love everything you post. Good job on it all!

My few non-space wolf marines have a very similar color scheme, so I enjoy seeing how you do it. Very similar grey/light blue ish main armor, but mine have either dark green or metallic blue details and shoulder pads. The yellow and red you use is a wonderful contrast.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 06:02:12 PM »
They look good.

What did the goblin fanatic do to end up in a vice?
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »
They look good.

What did the goblin fanatic do to end up in a vice?

Ha! Just for being born a gobbo 😸 Actually his ball and chain went flying. Had to glue at his head too to make it work. He should be in action tonight. Just a strange bit of advice. If you ever see a mangler squig on the loose, kill it and kill it quick. In my AoS fight I charged one with 14 swordmasters. Netted 4 wounds and he completely obliterated my unit. Horrible but fun.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »
I continue to love everything you post. Good job on it all!

My few non-space wolf marines have a very similar color scheme, so I enjoy seeing how you do it. Very similar grey/light blue ish main armor, but mine have either dark green or metallic blue details and shoulder pads. The yellow and red you use is a wonderful contrast.

Thanks Gankom!
I do like that blue colour. I just really thought about it and the valhallans have the same kind and I actually changed the colour scheme of the sisters army to have capes similar in colour. I must have had it in mind to tie em all together but it also may just be luck.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 03:13:46 AM »
Still rummaging thru the dustbin of history. I have dredged up my Guardians of the Covenant army. The 2 SM armies that grabbed my attention were the DA and SW. At the time I started the DA - which I have a dreadfully painted army, I didn't know the 2 chapters were rivals so when I learned about it, I liked the more. I really liked the Covenant colours and the name so I switched out quite a bit of the original DA. Still have a couple tac squads, termi's and assault in green so I may still continue to transform them. In the last tournement they were in, my opponent handed my ass over to me (which wasn't an abnormal routine regardless) with what I thought were brilliant tactics with using rino's, smoke and stunning all my armour. Just closed them down completely and sliced and diced accordingly. After that round I was up against a tzeentch army with Kairos and that was horrific.  I'm sure I made my armies to die instead of win.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »
That collection of tanks is pretty good now, I think with a bit of minor tweaking you'd have a decent force in 8th
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 11:40:28 AM »
That collection of tanks is pretty good now, I think with a bit of minor tweaking you'd have a decent force in 8th

Good to know!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020