home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 848884 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #9875 on: April 18, 2022, 02:53:32 PM »
I helped thwart an abduction the other day.
I'm still surprised at myself

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #9876 on: April 18, 2022, 04:00:15 PM »
Hopefully no one was hurt.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9877 on: April 19, 2022, 12:47:20 AM »
Letterman thanks the Rhode Island Hospital ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2RekNXDxHw

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9878 on: April 19, 2022, 10:21:55 AM »
Hopefully no one was hurt.
I was walking my dog past a nearby highschool and a silver 4x4 stopped and DEMANDED a girl [who looked to be 12] get in the vehicle. She ran out of sight and i called the police. Within minutes, two police vehicles arrived on the scene, doing u-turns over traffic islands like something out of a Hollywood movie.
I gave the police as many details as i could. Seeing as how i havnt heard back, I'm guessing nothing nasty happened.

I like to think my dog was imagining himself as Robocop

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9879 on: June 20, 2022, 11:59:47 AM »
Happy Emancipation Day! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9880 on: June 26, 2022, 01:43:22 PM »
Just heard a kid asked the following question, "Do you know where money comes?"

His answer, "The dollar store".

:icon_lol:  :::cheers:::

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9881 on: June 28, 2022, 04:14:49 AM »
Scored five Bretonian knights for $2.00 each. They have a dozen thick coats of paint on them but I'm slowly stripping it off

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9882 on: July 24, 2022, 02:02:49 AM »

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9883 on: September 19, 2022, 02:23:38 AM »
Recently we found Witch's eggs in the front yard by the Pine tree.

Its a fungus that eventually sprouts and becomes smelly to attract flies to help spread its spores. I convinced my 2 daughters (3 and 4 yo) that they are real witch's eggs. That a witch laid them in hiding and would come back for them when they were ready. We kept checking on them before or after coming home from school until they all eventually disappeared. I told them not to touch them since the witch may come back looking for them and that if you harm a witch's egg, they'll come after you.. They were very careful around them. Well fast forward a couple of weeks after they disappeared. I had the girls kicking mushrooms in the front yard and my eldest daughter saw one and kicked it, thinking it was a mushroom and not a witch's egg. I asked her if it was a witch s egg, she said no (a lie). I said, "Okay, but if it was the witch will come after you." She again said it wasn't a witch's egg. So we went for a walk down our familiar street. She then started holding my hand and said she was scared. I asked her why and she just shook her head. I asked her what she was afraid of. She said the witch. I asked her again if it really was a witch's egg and she said it was. I told her that she should always come and tell me the truth so I could help and protect her. So I told her I knew how to protect her and we should go home so I could perform a witch protection ritual on her. So the three of us went to our back porch. My youngest sat and watched us. I had my eldest stand with her eyes close. I got some salt and made a circle around her (something I saw on hocus pocus and I knew she'd recognize) and made her make the sign of the cross a few times and turn around (something from Pirates of the Caribbean and Muppet treasure island, again something she'd remember seeing). After that I told her to open her eyes and she was now fine and the witch would leave her alone and not know she broke the egg. She asked me not to tell mommy so I said okay. The whole thing was cute. I later did tell my wife and while she thought it was cute, she is the more superstitious of the two of us and asked me to be careful about that kind of thing.

Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #9884 on: January 10, 2024, 09:53:51 PM »
Arise! Arise ye iconic thread from ages past!

Because while it may not be super random, there is indeed a happy thought to be had. Its not a lot, not quite yet and not the flood it could be, but it is quite nice to see the Old World bringing a bit of activity back to the forum. For the first time in a long time I'm checking back more then once a day, and actually finding new comments outside of the Back Table. Some old faces are slowly returning, some new folks are posting, and there's some discussion happening in multiple threads.

Hopefully it keeps going. Looking forward to a thriving lore discussion, or new painting plogs getting established. Fingers crossed for the times to come!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9885 on: January 10, 2024, 11:16:09 PM »
Cheers to that! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #9886 on: January 13, 2024, 03:24:39 PM »
I'm happy that me stumbling across the news of The Old World release has reignited my enthusiasm for Warhammer and made me return to this site.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #9887 on: January 13, 2024, 08:07:14 PM »
Welcome back. I am happy to see that The Old World is causing the return of people who used to be here so we can continue to talk about the important things, toy soldiers

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9888 on: January 15, 2024, 06:18:15 PM »
Agreed! Have another one on Midaski's tab. :icon_wink: :icon_lol: :::cheers:::

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #9889 on: January 15, 2024, 10:07:41 PM »
Welcome back man, same boat as you in the middle of 2023.

There does seem to be more traffic and posts with all the Old World content coming out, not tempting fate. but quite possibly a good thing for the future of the forum.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #9890 on: January 16, 2024, 07:35:51 AM »

*Offtopic defined as follows: these CT messages about the forum flourishing are not offtopic, but films, other hobbies and politics are offtopic.

*And half of Jan'24 is still ahead!

The forum is back on track. Offtopic discussions in the Count's and the Back Table are no more the main thing, and not everything depends on GamesPoet posting and reorganizing.

Oldies are returning, new people are posting, and we haven't seen waves of bye-byes as we did over the past couple of years. The pool of people who engage on this forum is on the rise, which hasn't been the case since 2012, when the 8th ed Empire book came out.

After the forum almost died in September 2023, times are now better than in two years at least (the time I've tracked the development), and very probably better than in four or five years.

This forum has always lived and breathed with Games Workshop publications. So thanks, GW, for making this forum lively again!  :icon_lol:

Oh, and welcome back BAWTRM!  :-)

-Z
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 07:58:38 AM by Zygmund »
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #9891 on: January 16, 2024, 03:29:05 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for the stats work Zygmund.

Very keen to see what happens when the Empire dedicated box comes.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9892 on: January 16, 2024, 04:27:11 PM »
No one can say the BT is driving the engagement currently, and its back to the hobby.

The return of the Old World is certainly having a positive effect here.

Let's hope it continues.