home

Author Topic: Arch Lector  (Read 3489 times)

Offline Caralon

• Members
Arch Lector
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
So, I'm wondering what people do for an Arch Lector.  I like the Warrior Priest models a lot, but it doesn't feel right for a Lord.  I'm playing in my first tournament later this summer so I'm trying to get my army finished, but I don't know what model to use for my general.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:42:02 PM by rufus sparkfire »
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with cannons.

Offline wolverine

• Members
Re: Arc Lector
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:34:39 PM »
How about the 'Blessing' model? Get rid of the handgunner and you've got a great AL. (That's what I'm gonna do)  :biggriin:

-wolverine
-That remarkable metal doesn't run through your entire body, does it? -

Offline Slow Painter

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »
There's an old Mordheim model from the Witchhunters warband that I'll be using as soon as I paint it up. He's on foot and has the twin-tailed comet on his breastplate (perfect for the AoMI). Here's a link to the pic of the model.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1060089&prodId=prod1120093
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:34:55 AM by Midaski »
Dude, relax, it is a game with little plastic men.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:41:52 AM »
I'm using the current WP with HW, which I cut off and replaced with the mace from the General's box. I'm planning on buffing up his robes a little, but he's in a long list of things to do haha.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:59:45 PM »
I made mine using space marine torso and legs and the hammer from the general sprue. I used the bret fat friar head with the hair viled off. It looks like AoMI too.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Von Breden

• Members
  • Remembering the Eccentric
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:31:38 PM »
There's an old Mordheim model from the Witchhunters warband that I'll be using as soon as I paint it up. He's on foot and has the twin-tailed comet on his breastplate (perfect for the AoMI). Here's a link to the pic of the model.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1060089&prodId=prod1120093
He looks too weedy IMHO. I'm with wolverine on this one.
Quote from: Siberius
I never noticed your height on account of your fabulous manly imperial beard.

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline Solland's Heir

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 04:12:43 PM »
If you are thinking of using the mordheim model I converted the mordheim model by doing a simple swap - took the head off the hammer and turned the hammer into a torch, I then used the hammer on the base of the staff to make a 2 handed weapon

that said if I was using mordheim as characters I would go with one of these two and write some fluff about witchhunters leading an army - could see this working if you had a few units of flaggellants?

Skye Solland
Just because you're Karl's favourite general does not mean you can steal my sword

Offline Slow Painter

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:38:59 PM »
How'd you switch the metal pieces of that model Solland? I've never had good luck with clipping metal. But I'd like to do it, because then I could use that nifty book for something . . .
Dude, relax, it is a game with little plastic men.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 09:39:10 PM »
How about the 'Blessing' model? Get rid of the handgunner and you've got a great AL. (That's what I'm gonna do)  :biggriin:

-wolverine

Does anyone have pics of that model from different angles, i've been wondering what the gunner looks like.

thanks
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
Re: Arch Lector
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:37:40 PM »
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.