home

Author Topic: Border Prince army, The Duc du Sol, and his Imperial mercenaries. Is it cannon?  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
I've finally gotten around to painting up the bulk of my Empire army, in Nordland/Marienburg livery. My knights are all individuals, mostly mercenaries, but some local nobility as well. At one time, I bought a few Bretonnian knights, and some archers to start an army with them. Recently I got an idea, why not combine the two?  ::heretic:: I've been doing some research into the Border Princes, and thought a melting pot style army of Empire and Bret troops might look really good on the table top. Most of the original Border Princes were Bretonnians who went south anyways, so who's to say if they got tired of the Code of Chivalry and opted to cheat from time to time with hired guns from the Empire? Especially guns! So I came up with an idea for alternate army for use sometimes in smaller battles and scenarios. The adventures of Charlen Du Vale, Duc du Sol. Who's heraldry is the sun, several towers (his great grandfather came from Montfort), all swathed in blue, black, and gold. Instead of trebuchets, he has opted to hire condottieri artillery from over the mountains. (aka my Marienburg artillery train) And use Nordland troops to quash his foes (the nobleman who "loaned" him the Nordlanders [for a price], Baron Van Haus, is the general of my regular Empire army)
 :happy:
Anyway, any thoughts on this? Anyone?
"To reign in Averland, you must be as mad as an Elector. Which, fortunately, I am!"-Marius Leitdorf (Viscilitudes of Count Averland, Chapter VII, Paragraph XIV)

Offline TheElectorCount43

• Members
Can you show us the models?

Got potential   :::cheers:::

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
I would, but they're still unassembled and unpainted.  ::heretic:: I haven't had much time to devote to my Empire troop. Spent more time building a Victorian steampunk army actually.  :closed-eyes:All I have done are the artillery and the generals. :::cheers:::
"To reign in Averland, you must be as mad as an Elector. Which, fortunately, I am!"-Marius Leitdorf (Viscilitudes of Count Averland, Chapter VII, Paragraph XIV)

Offline TheElectorCount43

• Members
So how long will it take?  :icon_confused:

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
 ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: Ack! I dunno. Probably sometime after I finish college this year. I only get weekends to paint, and even then, that's if I decide to paint Empire, and not one of my other armies. Also I need more blue paint.  :eusa_wall: