home

Author Topic: W-E RPG?  (Read 5526 times)

Offline phil1103

• Members
W-E RPG?
« on: February 01, 2007, 11:15:25 PM »
Is anyone interested in taking part in an online RPG, based around the council of Electors??

I had the idea of getting diffrent forum members to play the diffrent Electors, then basically have a discussion, each competing for the title of the next Emperor, maybe with a Forum vote? (not realistic i no but still)?

Not to sure how I would get this to work yet, but its an idea hopefully.

any ideas/suggestions?

Phil1103

COUNCIL OF ELECTORS
(Averland) General Silbermeister: McKnight
Aldbrand Ludenhof:
Boris Todbringer:
Vamir Von Raukov: Dain of the Border Legion
Wolfram Hertwig:
Elector of Reikland:
Alberich Haupt-Anderson: Nick Thompson
Helmut Feuerbach: Phil1103
Emmanuelle von Liebwitz: Oss
Hisme Stoutheart:
Grand Theogonist Volkmar: Reynard_of_Bogenhafen
Arch Lector Kaslain:
Arch Lector Aglim:
Ar Ulric Emil Valgeir:

OTHER CONTENTERS:

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:13:15 PM by phil1103 »
Who's General Failure, and what's he doing on my Hard Drive?

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Re: W-E RPG?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
But we do have an Emperor already on this site.... No need for an election. :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:40 AM »
Though there hasn't been much recently, there used to be a fair bit of role playing done in the Count's Tavern.

If you want to do some, feel free to do it there.

(moving the topic....)
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:59:29 AM »
Sort of like on-line Risk?  Of course to make it interesting (and allow for more players) you could have pretenders to the thrones in some of the Provinces.

Setting it in the period f the Three Empires may also mix things up a bit.
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 10:39:39 AM »
But we do have an Emperor already on this site.... No need for an election. :wink:

Noooo, as In Karl Franz Emperor, not Grutch Emperor!

Sort of like on-line Risk?  Of course to make it interesting (and allow for more players) you could have pretenders to the thrones in some of the Provinces.

Setting it in the period f the Three Empires may also mix things up a bit.

Nice, but we know more about the current Electors (though its an idea).
How about the official Electors, then anyone Else that wants to have a go (Boghafen Candidate?)

Then they can forge partnerships, agree deals, undermine opponents with speeches (beginning to sound like normal politics!)

what else would make the campaign more interesting? (within reason, we can't have wars here, unless the members live near each other and can play a real game!)

Thanks
Phil1103

Offline Dain of the Border Legion

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 11:22:22 AM »
I would definately be interested in something like this if it were to happen.

Regards

Dain
Playing Warhammer since 1984 doesn't make you good, it just makes you old, not as old as Midaski however :)

It's the small things in life....

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »
Sounds interesting. Would like to be the elector of Talabheim then..
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 02:43:13 PM »

Damn, Beat me to it!
Dain, got any preferances?

You Become the Elector, in McKnights case the Talabecland Elector ,or in the case of Riekland and Averland, you'll have to make up names - those are the only real provinces you can have people competing for an Electoral position by the way.

If there are enough responces, I'll update the top post with the players names.

Phil1103

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 03:01:12 PM »

Damn, Beat me to it!
Dain, got any preferances?

You Become the Elector, in McKnights case the Talabecland Elector ,or in the case of Riekland and Averland, you'll have to make up names - those are the only real provinces you can have people competing for an Electoral position by the way.

If there are enough responces, I'll update the top post with the players names.

Phil1103

Ostland for me if possible, blunt and to the point  :wink:

Regards

Dain
Playing Warhammer since 1984 doesn't make you good, it just makes you old, not as old as Midaski however :)

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 06:17:37 PM »
Done!, will update post now!

Phil1103
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:19:08 PM by phil1103 »

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
What do I need to play?  I've got no real preference (as I must admit, I don't know who's from where or what province sits where on the map) but I can dig Altdorf or somewhere in proximity to there.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 02:25:56 AM »
Don't forget the Elder of the Moot!!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »
Don't forget the Elder of the Moot!!

I haven't - "Hisme Stoutheart"

@Captain Tineal, can really begin. As there is no real Elector of Altdorf, your character would be the Reikland Elector, since Karl Franz would have to have snuffed it in order to have an election, so your free to invent an Elector's Name, and say he is the successor of Karl, Elector for Reikland.

Phil1103

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 11:50:32 PM »
Sorry, couldn't help the reference to the old 6th ed Empire Book  :wink:

By the way, there are 15 electors - you only have 14 written up here, I am wondering which you have missed. If I had more time, I would check, but I need to run some testing...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Oss

• Members
  • getürmt aus Buch auf Buch, verlassen und verflucht
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »
I would certainly like to take part in this, though I have no clue who I'd like to play. Feel free to add me for anyone who is not taken.
Quoted From Wyzer1: "Actually I believe most of the game is fairly well balanced, and I applaud GW for this awesome game. Thats why we pay $300++ for their models. That and we all have mental issues."

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
What Province do you play? or which character do you like the best? You can pick one from the list, or make up your own fluff.

Phil

Offline McKnight

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 04:10:26 PM »
So how is this going to be like?
Any rules etc?
We should start out by sorting out some goals or some kind of mission. Something for all of us to do  :-P

While you work on that, I will read some stuff about Talabecland, since Talabheim doesnt have an elector count  :x

EDIT: Just read about Talabecland, and I have changed my mind :-P Cult of Ulric being superior and no advanced weapons... so I would like Averland instead  :happy:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 04:20:25 PM by McKnight »

Offline Oss

• Members
  • getürmt aus Buch auf Buch, verlassen und verflucht
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 08:31:23 PM »
Well, I always thought me army to be an expeditionary force somewhere from the south. Not much of a clue there, but having done some research I'm quite fond of Wissenland and Nuln, so I think it's Emanuelle for me.
Quoted From Wyzer1: "Actually I believe most of the game is fairly well balanced, and I applaud GW for this awesome game. Thats why we pay $300++ for their models. That and we all have mental issues."

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 01:36:19 AM »
this sounds pretty cool, i'd love to be Volkmar, or Huss...
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 01:41:49 PM »
So how is this going to be like?
Any rules etc?
We should start out by sorting out some goals or some kind of mission. Something for all of us to do  :-P

While you work on that, I will read some stuff about Talabecland, since Talabheim doesnt have an elector count  :x

EDIT: Just read about Talabecland, and I have changed my mind :-P Cult of Ulric being superior and no advanced weapons... so I would like Averland instead  :happy:

ahem, i play Talabhiem tis not that bad!

to be honest, I have no idea, I was considering setting up a free proboard forum for the players then we can discuss the rules etc etc before we start.

You do realize you have to invent the new Averland elector, as the last one is dead right?

Phil1103

Offline McKnight

• Members
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 02:08:30 PM »
Yea I know, Phill.

Should be General Silbermeister :ph34r:

The extra board thingy also sounds cool

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 02:54:07 PM »
Gentlemen,

A new board? A typical suggestion that will take time to prepare, time that you in your 'safe' regions may have, time that my people do not have. For every minute you take to decide on your actions more of my peoples blood is spilt. While we wait for your decisions I shall indeed be passing on your condolences to the people of Ostland who have lost husbands, wives, sons and daughters to the forces that assail us so that you may have 'time' to decide things.

I hope you decide soon.

Valmir.

[ a new board would be great, but could we not discuss things in a sticky in this forum, it would allow others to see how we are progressing? ]

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »
Why not just discuss it right here? If you have a GM who knows what he's doing and you lay down a few ground rules before you go, I really don't see the need for a separate board - let alone an off-site forum. Start small :icon_biggrin: You can always use the PM system, or email, for communications that you don't want to be public.

I also wouldn't recommend pushing for a sticky, because in my experience stickies actually draw less attention than regular threads. A normal thread that is replied to on a daily basis will get plenty of views.

If and when this RPG grows to such proportions that a single thread can't handle it, we can talk about further options :-)

I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 05:33:20 PM »
On seeing this, I actually hoped for a moment that WFRP had found its way here...  :mellow:
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline phil1103

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 05:55:48 PM »
Why not just discuss it right here? If you have a GM who knows what he's doing and you lay down a few ground rules before you go, I really don't see the need for a separate board - let alone an off-site forum. Start small :icon_biggrin: You can always use the PM system, or email, for communications that you don't want to be public.

I also wouldn't recommend pushing for a sticky, because in my experience stickies actually draw less attention than regular threads. A normal thread that is replied to on a daily basis will get plenty of views.

If and when this RPG grows to such proportions that a single thread can't handle it, we can talk about further options :-)

Thanks for the advice General, i assumed that our ramblings over this would bore people and take up  room. a sticky would be good.  :icon_biggrin:

so, how is this system gonna work? how do we win/lose votes? how do we decide on an eventual winner? Ideas anyone?(initially aimed at participants, or those willing to participate)

Phil1103