home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 853179 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #8700 on: May 09, 2018, 09:01:51 PM »
You too Gankom? Just got power back this minute. 5 days to the hour lol. Lookout shower! And we can cook again! Take out is nice once and awhile but it gets to be a heavy load.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8701 on: May 10, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »
We hauled a BBQ out of storage, went through more propane then we wanted just making tea all the time. Luckily ours wasn't out completely the whole time. Just came and went non stop, lots of flickers, but generally we could do things with power.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #8702 on: May 11, 2018, 12:38:51 PM »
Great news Gankom! I'd love to be able to make BBQ in my garden. Alas I live in a tenement block and only have a balcony. :-P
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #8703 on: May 12, 2018, 09:29:10 PM »
We hauled a BBQ out of storage, went through more propane then we wanted just making tea all the time. Luckily ours wasn't out completely the whole time. Just came and went non stop, lots of flickers, but generally we could do things with power.

Pfff that is not bbq'ing! Real BBQ pro's use charcoal!  :closed-eyes:
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8704 on: May 12, 2018, 09:58:24 PM »
Alas, we havn't yet bought charcoal since last summer. We don't usually keep that around during winter. So instead we had to use propane like some kind of barbarians.

We only even used it to heat the kettle to make tea. Crazyness.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8705 on: May 13, 2018, 01:39:25 AM »
Had a game of 40k the other day. First time I've played since I moved.
Relictors [who are totally not heretics] vs Orks
The orks were hindered by their inability to get along, shoot straight and make what rolls and saves they needed.
The Relictor sniper scouts performed admirable whereas my Librarian terminator didn't really do much AND he was the most powerful model on the table.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8706 on: May 13, 2018, 01:44:42 AM »
That sound fun!👆 the Relictors are a chapter you don’t hear of too often but have great fluff. Crunching orks is just plain fun...till they get their act together and crunch you.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8707 on: May 13, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »
@Artobans ghost
I assembled the force a few years ago when I read a white dwarf article on them and I thought they were pretty interesting [same issue also included their Index astartes article]. I know lots of people think they're heretics due to their use of 'borrowed' chaos weapons but I see them more as Indiana Jones types [treasure hunters who are always in way over their heads]
The command squad [namely the terminator librarian] performed very poorly and struggled to inflict anything more than scratches on some lowly shoota boys whereas the sniper scouts did most of the damage.

I forgot to mention that the killa kan my opponent uses looks a bit like Gizmoduck from Ducktales [it has one leg and one wheel]. We have proxy rules for it. You roll the direction dice to see which way it meanders then roll another to see how far it goes. During the game, it did nothing but make figure 8 patterns in a cartoonish manner.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8708 on: May 13, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »
Quote rowsdower: I forgot to mention that the killa kan my opponent uses looks a bit like Gizmoduck from Ducktales [it has one leg and one wheel]. We have proxy rules for it. You roll the direction dice to see which way it meanders then roll another to see how far it goes. During the game, it did nothing but make figure 8 patterns in a cartoonish manner.

Smashing! Lol nice proxy rules and totally orkish. I love kills kans. at a GW ever many years ago my son had the 3 kans in battle and took on a baneblade. At the end there was a lone kills with a bus saw and bits of baneblade lying around. On top of that he was 13 I  think and got a rousing round of applause.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8709 on: May 14, 2018, 02:53:34 PM »
He did well to take on the baneblade and come out tops. In my experience, ork vehicles seem to be more trouble than their worth.
I'm surprised the Gizmoduck kan survived as long as it did. My Relictor devestators kept firing at it but never seemed to score a direct hit

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8710 on: May 18, 2018, 06:02:31 PM »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8711 on: May 19, 2018, 12:46:16 AM »
I found the 2006/7 Dark Angels codex in another charity shop. The DA codex I've relied on for the last several years is the 'skinny' one from 200x. Still, I couldn't pass up the 'thick' one for two bucks :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8712 on: May 20, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »
Yessir! A rough miserable life here. Get me my laser! This is the addicted laser cat 😸

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8713 on: May 20, 2018, 06:26:11 PM »
I would very much like to be reincarnated as a cat in a nice household. What a life.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8714 on: May 22, 2018, 02:01:08 AM »
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8715 on: May 22, 2018, 01:16:44 PM »
Fulgrim: [winks]
Khan: Sorry, bro. I don't swing that way

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8716 on: May 23, 2018, 03:50:45 PM »
― Jake the Dog

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8717 on: May 23, 2018, 04:10:40 PM »
I love crows more than any bird in existence. 👆
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8718 on: May 23, 2018, 04:58:45 PM »
I always have a hard time differentiating them with ravens.

― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8719 on: May 23, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
Remarkably enough that's almost certainly a raven in the picture. If you see a crow and raven in real life it's fairly easy to tell the difference. Raven's are usually twice the size and look a great deal more raggedy. They also look like they might have a hunchback or an old man look.

Both are fiendishly smart. Both are also excellent mimics. Ravens have been known to mimic some human voices, and crows frequently mimic babies cries to lure people away from food. Blue Jays are part of the same family and just as smart.

Source: Far to much time spent on birds and trees in Environmental College.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8720 on: May 23, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »
One time when I was up in Nunavut for a field camp we stopped to study some ravens. We saw a full grown one pick up a baby fawn and fly off with it.

It uh... it likely didn't end happy for the fawn.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8721 on: May 23, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »
Quote Gankom: We saw a full grown one pick up a baby fawn and fly off with it.

It uh... it likely didn't end happy for the fawn

By the gods!
I’d like to an end the above. I love ravens possibly a bit more than crows. I was feeding a fam of crows for about a year when another hroup moved in and tried to kill one of the mother’s offspring. I managed to save him and took him to the bird sanctuary where they healed him over 6 months and released him. The new group had claimed the territory but would not eat the peanuts I would leave out. They also would not let the old fam back in. Every few weeks they would show up and I would shower them with peanuts and then they would be on the run again. This has gone on for an additional 2  years. Hopefully someday they will reclaim their territory. They were notable because of white patches on them. Strangely one day my wife looked out and saw a tired old one sitting near our  teepee and the next day he had fallen to the ground and died there. He had a White patch and we buried him in the center of the teepee.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #8722 on: May 23, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #8723 on: May 25, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »
Looks promising! New Magnum PI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADAeeJclFIU&t=1s

Of all the franchises that they could've restarted, they're grabbing the freakin' Magnum? Whyyyyyyyy? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8724 on: May 27, 2018, 02:19:47 PM »
Possible future careers for me now that I'm a cyclops

Classical pirate: The river that runs through town is too narrow to fit a tall ship in. I'll probably have to dress a raft up to resemble a tall ship

Opera phantom: Two or three play houses in town. I'm not sure if they need anyone to haunt them. Slim chance of Scooby doo crossover if that position becomes available

S.H.I.E.D agent: I'll probably have to binge watch and cram every marvel book and movie first. Maybe I can get a cinematic universe of the 1970's TV movies happening. I'd never pass up a chance to work with Reb 'Blast hard chees' Brown

Hero of Hades hive: Maybe I can fill in for Yarrick when he needs a day off?