home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 858863 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #9700 on: September 01, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »
Looks great! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9701 on: September 01, 2020, 04:55:12 PM »

It's trick photography - they don't exist!

:biggriin: :biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9702 on: September 01, 2020, 07:57:21 PM »

It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9703 on: September 01, 2020, 11:04:39 PM »
First meme = true for bisexual, but wrong for lesbian. Not funny, I admit. But likely fact. So I put it here 'for fact's sake'.  :roll: :evil:  :wink:

Results
After adjusting for sociodemographics and sexual victimization, bisexual women had significantly higher odds than heterosexual peers of teen pregnancy (OR=1.70; 95% CI=1.05, 2.75); this association was marginally significant after adjusting for sexual risk behaviors. Bisexuals were also more likely to have an early (before age 18) teen pregnancy (OR=2.04; 95% CI=1.17, 3.56). In contrast, lesbian women were significantly less likely to have a teen pregnancy than heterosexual (OR=0.47; 95% CI=0.23, 0.97), mostly heterosexual (OR=0.46; 95% CI=0.21, 0.99), and bisexual (OR=0.29; 95% CI=0.12, 0.71) women in final models.
Conclusions
Expanding upon extant literature, we found opposing risk patterns for teen pregnancy between bisexual and lesbian women, likely due to distinct patterns of sexual risk taking.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5224908/

On an unrelated note, I don't go the back table anymore, so that I don't feel like I have to comment on such opinion-based stuff, even jokes, as this. And yet here it is here. Oh dear!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:06:50 PM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9704 on: September 01, 2020, 11:52:29 PM »
Yep, probably best to save that kind of humor for the Back Table, thanks! :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9705 on: September 03, 2020, 01:24:35 PM »
My cat THINKS she's sneaky.
Every night when I come home from work, I see her scurry home, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. A drunken elephant could be more subtle

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9706 on: September 06, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9707 on: September 06, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
About a week ago, my 2yo daughter took a bit of a late nap. Knowing this would make bedtime difficult, around PJ time I opted to do something different. It was dusk outside, dark enough to need a flashlight but not dark enough to see stars. I asked her if she would like to go outside. She was bouncing off the walls excited. I put on a bug repellent bracelet around her upper arm, hung a green glowstick around her neck, and the part she was most excited about, handed her a flashlight. We went into the backyard and she was beaming, both figuratively and literally. I had a flashlight of my own and we started exploring the backyard in the dark. We saw tons of moths flying and hovering around us. Some were perched on the tip of grass blades. Bats, or the same bat, flew over our heads probably catching their breakfast. The moon was bright and although no stars shone, two celestial bodies could be seen near the it. We gazed at them, sitting on the deck's stairs. One was very bright, and if the moon was a clock, it was at the 11-o-clock position about a pinky knuckle's length away. It was Jupiter. And at the 9-o-clock position about 4-5 times the distance away shone Saturn. Mr daughter kept on waving to Mr. Moon believing it was just like Moon from her favorite show Sarah and Duck. We then went to the front yard, but being that it was well lit from the street light and what light was left over from sunset, we didn't stay long before returning to the more exciting backyard. The only thing that would have made the experience more enchanting would be if there were fireflies about, but there were none to be seen.  She still chased after moths with her flashlight. We were exploring in total for about an hour and a half before her Mom, with her sister in Mom's arms, beckoned us back in as it was time to get ready for bed. I carried her inside but she was not done, not by a long shot.  She was trying to unlock the door, in tears, wanting to go back outside. I persuaded her to calm down and have some ice cream with me. We ate, washed up, changed into PJs, and she was sound asleep before the hour was up. This was probably the peak of her summer short of the day we went to the beach and Minutemen Park.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9708 on: September 08, 2020, 12:30:44 PM »
Someone prank called my workplace last Sunday. Obviously; they were a Simpsons fan; they tried to make a reservation for a Mr Cranium; first name, Richard.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9709 on: September 08, 2020, 12:51:55 PM »
 :icon_lol: :::cheers:::

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #9710 on: September 08, 2020, 03:42:27 PM »
About a week ago, my 2yo daughter took a bit of a late nap. Knowing this would make bedtime difficult, around PJ time I opted to do something different.  [...]

This was a lovely story. Made me really happy to think about the joy you had together!  :icon_biggrin:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9711 on: September 08, 2020, 04:24:53 PM »
About a week ago, my 2yo daughter took a bit of a late nap. Knowing this would make bedtime difficult, around PJ time I opted to do something different.  [...]
This was a lovely story. Made me really happy to think about the joy you had together!  :icon_biggrin:
Agreed. :::cheers:::

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9712 on: September 09, 2020, 01:23:04 AM »
Thanks guys. It was pretty spectacular.  :happy:

In other news:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9713 on: September 09, 2020, 03:35:11 AM »
The bane of painting eyes

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #9714 on: September 09, 2020, 05:55:27 AM »
Better not to compare different scale eyes. Unless you WANT to get frustrated.  :icon_lol:

Also too much paint on the brush!

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9715 on: September 23, 2020, 08:15:24 AM »
Second-hand TV disrupts broadband for entire Welsh village for 18 months
Broadband problems were reported in the Powys village at 7am every day

The mystery of why the broadband in a Welsh village slowed down around the same time each day has been solved.

Households in Aberhosan, Powys, had been reporting slow connectivity for around 18 months, leaving engineers baffled because it started at 7am each day.

Replacing cables did not fix the problem, but then they used a monitoring device and found the fault was caused by a second-hand television.

They found that the old set was emitting electrical interference.

Openreach said the owner was "mortified" to find out it had been their old television that was causing the problem.

"They immediately agreed to switch it off and not use again," engineer Michael Jones told BBC Wales.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/broadband-powys-village-television-aberhosan-18974787
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #9716 on: September 28, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »
A manuscript from Dubrovnik1445:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9717 on: September 28, 2020, 02:29:41 PM »
The author obviously had cat class 😺☝️
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #9718 on: October 02, 2020, 12:25:42 PM »
Not a 'Happy or Random Thought' ... more an April Fools' Joke ... except it appears to be real: Dice-Accessoirs by Louis Vuitton

News from a German Hobby-Site: https://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/2020/louis-vuitton-wuerfelbehaelter/

:eusa_wall:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9719 on: October 02, 2020, 12:29:08 PM »
Not a 'Happy or Random Thought' ... more an April Fools' Joke ... except it appears to be real: Dice-Accessoirs by Louis Vuitton

News from a German Hobby-Site: https://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/2020/louis-vuitton-wuerfelbehaelter/

:eusa_wall:

Reasonable. Quality costs 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #9720 on: October 02, 2020, 02:43:54 PM »
ich finde das super toll!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #9721 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:13 AM »
Clearly a must have this season for all the fashionable gamers.

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #9722 on: October 03, 2020, 01:08:50 AM »
There are fashionable gamers?
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9723 on: October 03, 2020, 01:43:06 AM »
 :icon_twisted:
There are fashionable gamers?

😺☝️
 Not one I’ve seen so far lol (including self)
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #9724 on: October 03, 2020, 02:22:23 AM »
Because you haven't seen me in a suit. :icon_mrgreen: