home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 853350 times)

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
  • Call me: 22079460347
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #4925 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57:57 PM »
He's in a major US city, not the rural countryside.
I think you got that backwards.  I live in a reasonably built up suburban area and I get on the highway to go to the grocery store.  I have friends in rural areas who get on the highway to visit the neighbors.

Haha what? Silly americans...
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4926 on: February 27, 2013, 10:05:12 PM »
A huffy wont work on the highway

Do you not have a neighborhood bar?  I mean, I know when I lived in Philly you'd go to center city if you wanted to party hard.  But if I was just trying to meet girls, I would've hung out at a local bar or around my university.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4927 on: February 27, 2013, 10:08:27 PM »
I think you got that backwards.  I live in a reasonably built up suburban area and I get on the highway to go to the grocery store.  I have friends in rural areas who get on the highway to visit the neighbors.

I assume that by "Get out more" he does not mean visit friends. He surely means get out as in go to social places, like clubs or bars.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4928 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:57 PM »
I found the DC metro fairly acceptable in the short time I was there. Didn't feel particularly safe walking around certain areas (like under an overpass when we got lost) after 10pm though. Lots of shifty looking homeless dudes sitting around in packs just staring at you.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4929 on: February 27, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #4930 on: February 27, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »

I assume that by "Get out more" he does not mean visit friends. He surely means get out as in go to social places, like clubs or bars.
Thought he was in the midwest somewhere, I'm reminded that he's in the DC metro.

Get a bike, bitches love bikes.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4931 on: February 27, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »
okay perhaps I am confused, by bike do you all me bicycle or motorcycle?
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4932 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »
That looks like a 20 minute walk with only one bum filled overpass.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4933 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »

I think they mean bicycle.  I mean motorcycle.
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #4934 on: February 27, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »
Depends on what kind of girls you're trying to attract.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4935 on: February 27, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »
That looks like a 20 minute walk with only one bum filled overpass.
it is if I could walk a straight line over the interstate and I cannot cross the street, barriers and all that. also bicycles are not allowed on the interstate.  Motorcycles = money I do not have. :icon_frown:  I am looking for a better paying job so I am not living paycheck to paycheck, then I probably could afford one.

I could go the "Dane Cook" route and just buy a helmet.  Then when I snag me a girl at the bar and we go to where my bike is, it was mysteriously stolen....
― Jake the Dog

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4936 on: February 27, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
Right, was thinking you could walk under it. If it's ground level yeah it's a pain in the butt.

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #4937 on: February 27, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »

Wait... so the only way to get to the other side of the highway is to drive on it, even though it's not even a kilometer? That's just idiotic.

Bicycle all the way. Then again, the city I live in is one of the most bicycle friendly cities in the country.
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4938 on: February 27, 2013, 10:40:31 PM »
hehe the kind of girls I want to attract (SFW no worries fellas) :::cheers:::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRFPh6A7Gc&feature=player_embedded#!
I'm such a man child

Wait... so the only way to get to the other side of the highway is to drive on it, even though it's not even a kilometer? That's just idiotic.

Bicycle all the way. Then again, the city I live in is one of the most bicycle friendly cities in the country.
I agree, so much for a "planned community" :dry:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #4939 on: February 27, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »

I can definitely live without girls that are attracted by people because of what kind of transportation they use. If she doesn't like my sqeaky, rusty citybike that's too bad.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4940 on: February 27, 2013, 10:51:52 PM »
nah its not like that, the whole motorcycle thing puts off a badboy vibe and girls will sometimes have a "badboy" phase.  :icon_wink:

I surprised no one has mentioned the whole living next to Bethesda games.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #4941 on: February 27, 2013, 11:00:36 PM »
nah its not like that, the whole motorcycle thing puts off a badboy vibe and girls will sometimes have a "badboy" phase.  :icon_wink:

I surprised no one has mentioned the whole living next to Bethesda games.

And sometimes that phase lasts all the way through life. Though, as I said, I'm usually not attracted to girls who want badboys anyway, so no loss there I guess.

I'm not that much of a gamer, the only games I ever finished were Space Marine and Mysteriet på Greveholm. I couldn't even get past Voldemort in the first Harry Potter game and probably would never gotten past the first boss in Ocarina of Time without the guidance of my friend who's played it a dozen times before.

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #4942 on: February 27, 2013, 11:06:52 PM »
If I was you, I would go to Bethesda building to meet girls. Maybe they have cosplay events?
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4943 on: February 27, 2013, 11:10:41 PM »

I can definitely live without girls that are attracted by people because of what kind of transportation they use. If she doesn't like my sqeaky, rusty citybike that's too bad.
[/quote]

I read an article somewhere that says all women are (on obviously varying levels) attracted to the "bad boy."  More specifically, women's minds are wired to respect men who take risks, of which riding a motorcycle is one.

Full disclosure, I'm in no way a bad boy, nor did I get my motorcycle to get chicks (as I was still married when I got it).  It's good on fuel economy and maintenence and it's way more fun to ride than to drive a boring car.  Also, it makes me feel cool, which is a nice perk.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4944 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:04 PM »
you see I'm a weird gamer. I play stuff, a lot of different things, but I rarley finish them.  I am usually at the final level and stop to take a break and forget to come back to it.  Hell I just defeated the joker in batman arkham city but never went back to chase him.  It's like gamer add or something.  The kind of girls im attracted to is kind of hard for me to really pin down.  Call me shallow but I know what I like about a girl physically, but as far as personality wise I am still trying to figure that out.  Really wish the gif thread didnt go down in flames.  This video is like potato chips for me right now.  I cant stop watching it.  And apparently thats a legit proposal at the end. Go get her dude!  :::cheers:::

If I was you, I would go to Bethesda building to meet girls. Maybe they have cosplay events?
Oddly enough I rarely run into geeky girls.  The only cosplay girl I ever really knew was my ex(see girlfriend thread) adopted sister who was really into drugs and is belimc.  I have never been to a con and halloween parties as an adult ive never been invited to.  The only cosplay I ever did was a hasing ritual to become a thesbian in highschool.  Males had to draw out of a hat of female disney characters and dress up as them.  I got daisy duck.  Wore big pink heels and everything.

@towishimp: I think also the badboys thing is they obviously have confidence are seem adventurous, plus the whole forbidden fruit thing.  Lots of girl's round here seem to be really attracted to married guys because they cant have them.  They wont try to start an affair but typically give them more attention/flirty.

and my old boss told me the same thing about motorcycles and being economical.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #4945 on: February 27, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »

I read an article somewhere that says all women are (on obviously varying levels) attracted to the "bad boy."  More specifically, women's minds are wired to respect men who take risks, of which riding a motorcycle is one.

Full disclosure, I'm in no way a bad boy, nor did I get my motorcycle to get chicks (as I was still married when I got it).  It's good on fuel economy and maintenence and it's way more fun to ride than to drive a boring car.  Also, it makes me feel cool, which is a nice perk.
[/quote]

I think it's safe to say most people on this forum could hardly be classified as "badboys" be they adolescent nerds or middle aged family fathers (and everything in between).

The thing I look for the most in a girl is that she looks and is friendly.

On a nonrelated note, The Book of Mormon is definitely my new favourite musical.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4946 on: February 28, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »

speaking of "badboys" on the forum, what ever happened to shadowlord? :icon_wink:

the thing I look for in a girl->booty jiggle.

I have not seen the book of morman but I do know its by the same guys who made south park.  HMS Pinafore cannot be replaced in my heart for favorite musical.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:52:59 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

Offline Big Time

• Members
  • Resident alcoholist
« Reply #4947 on: February 28, 2013, 04:58:05 PM »
the thing I look for in a girl->booty jiggle.

Amen.

I think it's safe to say most people on this forum could hardly be classified as "badboys" be they adolescent nerds or middle aged family fathers (and everything in between).

Being recently single myself, I found the experience to be unsettling. Being single was a lot more fun when I was in my 20s.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
-Oscar Wilde

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Members
« Reply #4948 on: February 28, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
I have not seen the book of mormon but I do know its by the same guys who made south park.  HMS Pinafore cannot be replaced in my heart for favorite musical.

You should see it, it has everything one could want from a musical, i.e religious satire, AIDS and a jarringly frequent use of the "c-word". Or as someone on Youtube put it: "I have faith in humanity when a show that has the lyric 'Frick god in the cunt!' wins the Tony for best musical." Never seen HMS Pinafore, though. How is it?

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4949 on: February 28, 2013, 06:23:22 PM »
Sorry to hear it Big Time.