home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 853337 times)

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #5700 on: September 24, 2013, 08:19:09 AM »
Rob Zombies Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor

That just sounds like something that came out of a random name generator! :icon_lol:
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #5701 on: September 24, 2013, 10:42:43 AM »
My grandfather, FEMA Trailer Angus Stew Estabrook would beg to differ.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #5702 on: September 27, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
Buddy of mine found his old Battlemasters game at his parents place when they were moving out.  Said it looks like all of it's there!
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5703 on: September 28, 2013, 03:46:12 PM »
Buddy of mine found his old Battlemasters game at his parents place when they were moving out.  Said it looks like all of it's there!

Got 2 of those lying in the attic. they'll be coming out soon for my oldest kid!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5704 on: September 28, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »
I went for an awesome walk in the country today, but I think I may have worn holes in my feet. I need hobbit soles!

I should have taken the camera with me too, since I always see weird things. Why was there some sort of stone obelisk with its inscription chipped away so as to be unreadable?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #5705 on: September 28, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
Because the ancient ones are awakening and the spell on the stone might have prevented it.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5706 on: September 28, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
I think that's what it was!

Maybe.  :unsure:
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #5707 on: September 28, 2013, 07:06:08 PM »
But nice that you did a Hobbit trip.....you might just get some boots but then we might have another discussion about how expensive a hobby walking is.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5708 on: September 28, 2013, 07:07:33 PM »
Walking is only fun if you do it barefoot. Fact!
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5709 on: September 28, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
Have you seen these Rufus? http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/mens-barefoot-sports.htm

My friend has a pair and he loves them for walking in the countryside and trail running.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5710 on: September 28, 2013, 08:18:20 PM »
I went for an awesome walk in the country today, but I think I may have worn holes in my feet. I need hobbit soles!

I should have taken the camera with me too, since I always see weird things. Why was there some sort of stone obelisk with its inscription chipped away so as to be unreadable?

when I was on field trip in turkey, we went to see some old stones in this farmers field, with inscriptions from... its bad that I forget, but I do... pretty damn old (pre-roman) and interesting.

and some dodgy people had come a couple of years earlier with drills and tried to take the inscriptions of the rock to steal them for some dodgy private collector!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5711 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
Have you seen these Rufus? http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/mens-barefoot-sports.htm

My friend has a pair and he loves them for walking in the countryside and trail running.

No, I haven't seen those. They're a bit weird-looking... like a sort of rubber glove for your feet!  :unsure:

I guess they would be good for reducing wear and tear though.

Quote from: Finlay
when I was on field trip in turkey, we went to see some old stones in this farmers field, with inscriptions from... its bad that I forget, but I do... pretty damn old (pre-roman) and interesting.

and some dodgy people had come a couple of years earlier with drills and tried to take the inscriptions of the rock to steal them for some dodgy private collector!

Booo! They should be in a museum!

The thing I saw was probably only a couple of hundred years old though.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5712 on: September 30, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »
Booo! They should be in a museum!

The thing I saw was probably only a couple of hundred years old though.

Agreed! Now I want to go back to Europe and look at old things again.

I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5713 on: September 30, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
Now I want to go back to Europe and look at old things again.

Oh, have you met Midaski then?
If I wanted to.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5714 on: September 30, 2013, 09:19:56 AM »

I had a vacation in Turkey in 2005 and went to see the Temple of Efesus. The guide told us how the pillars had been reconstructed. How some pillar pieces had been dredged out of the nearby lake, some came from foreign museums, but most came from all over the neighbourhood where local people had used them for all kinds of weird purposes. Building material, table, workbench. Apparently getting those pieces back had been the hardest! :icon_lol:

PhillyT

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5715 on: September 30, 2013, 09:39:02 AM »

I had a vacation in Turkey in 2005 and went to see the Temple of Efesus. The guide told us how the pillars had been reconstructed. How some pillar pieces had been dredged out of the nearby lake, some came from foreign museums, but most came from all over the neighbourhood where local people had used them for all kinds of weird purposes. Building material, table, workbench. Apparently getting those pieces back had been the hardest! :icon_lol:

Oh yes, great swathes of the roman stuff has been re-used over the millenia. My thing was just stone monoliths though! Not very usable. I wish I could remember better what they were. It was something trippy to do with some god. As per usual

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #5716 on: September 30, 2013, 09:40:21 AM »
great swathes of the roman stuff has been re-used over the millenia.

Hadrian's Wall!
If I wanted to.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5717 on: September 30, 2013, 10:37:27 AM »
Now I want to go back to Europe and look at old things again.

Oh, have you met Midaski then?

Maybe I should start charging a fee ....................... 

:engel:

Revenge has been taken - unfortunately it is in the Admin board so few can see it ................

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #5718 on: September 30, 2013, 01:22:50 PM »
Easy solution, make us all admins. I'd be really good at it.

Honest.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5719 on: September 30, 2013, 01:26:32 PM »

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #5720 on: September 30, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »

When I visited ancient Ephesus, the Turkish tour guides that took our group through would say hilariously historically inaccurate things. Like that the goddess Nike was from Brazil and ancient Greece and Brazil used to touch. Or just make up things about random structures that we'd pass.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5721 on: September 30, 2013, 03:45:43 PM »
Winged Hussars!

has any TW game had these guys?  I think Empire did but Cannot honestly remember.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• Members
« Reply #5722 on: September 30, 2013, 03:46:38 PM »
With Mods yes for sure without I donīt know ...but donīt think so.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5723 on: September 30, 2013, 03:47:54 PM »
My thing was just stone monoliths though! Not very usable. I wish I could remember better what they were. It was something trippy to do with some god. As per usual

Hittite or Luwian Cuneiform or Hieroglyphic inscriptions, perhaps? Narrowing down the area where you were would help.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5724 on: September 30, 2013, 04:22:17 PM »
After getting a hair cut but leaving my beard stubble, and loosing weight, the Turkish guy at works is calling me legionnaire.  I don't think I look anything like Van Dam...
http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/l/e/g/legionnaire-1998-04-g.jpg

With Mods yes for sure without I donīt know ...but donīt think so.

Not sure How they would fair in TW.  What with all the cannons and mass rifle infantry, I'd think they would get cut to pieces.  Companion cav is good enough for Rome 2 though.  Them with thorax pike-men and some archer support.  Just make mince meat of the enemy.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog