home

Author Topic: Kislev musters for War.  (Read 1514 times)

Offline wardenmunger

• Members
Kislev musters for War.
« on: August 12, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
I have been collecting Empire together for the last 5 years and am completely hooked on the men of the Empire. This will be the 3rd empire army I've collected and painted in the 5 years I've been in the hobby. I feel that the previous 2 have helped develope my painting skill and style and this next army will hopfully push me to the next level.

I've been playing pretty competitively in the last few year and that has always dictated my armies - all the most powerful things were in attendance - 7th ed Nordland force with cannon, mortars, stanks, halberdiers, Swordsmen, Knights, Altar ect.

I then got fed up of half the Empire armies I saw being Blue and Yellow so I elected to move to Riekland and paint a far more subtle toned cream and red army. I love the look of the army but its still pretty filth with all the strongest elements of the army present.

So it has led me to this point. I have collected together all the elements that I want and have written a list I'm happy with. It's the first time I've broken from the tournament filth builds but I think I'm ready for it now.

I'm going to start with the army list I intend to run and the figures I will be using to represent them on the battle field. I will add fluff to the army as I go and the Army starts to win or loose on the battlefield.

Arch Lector: Crown Of Command; The White Cloak Of Ulric; Enchanted Shield; Relic Sword; Warhorse; heavy armour; barding.
I will use the mounted Priest of Ulric for my General.

Wizard Lord: Dispel Scroll; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Heavens/Beasts/Ice if playing friends at home
I bought my first Malifaux figure which is a female called Rasputina who is floating to the ground in a long fur lined coat.

Captain of the Empire: Dragon Helm; Dawnstone; Warhorse; great weapon; full plate armour; Battle Standard; barding.
This Guy is going to be kit bashed and Green Stuffed

Warrior Priest: Van Horstmans Speculum; heavy armour; shield.

I will use the Priest of Ulric on Foot for the Warrior Priest

37 Halberdiers FC - Kislev Kossars
• 5 Archers - archers with fury hats
• 5 Archers - arches with fury hats

12 Knights: Perceptor; Musician; Standard Bearer; Standard Of Discipline; inner circle upgrade - Winged Lancers

10 Huntsmen 80 - Archers with fury hats and loads of kit bashing. These guys will look like they can survive in the cold.

3 Demigryph Knights: Musician - 3 Thunder Wolves converted
3 Demigryph Knights: Musician - 3 Thunder Wolves converted

33 Greatswords: Champion; Musician; Standard Bearer, banner of eternal flame - Teutogen Guard

5 Pistoliers: Musician - Ungol Horse Archers
5 Pistoliers: Musician - Ungol Horse Archers

They are going to be dressed in very plain colours - off white, greys and browns with hints of red and blue in places.
Listen in to one of the biggest podcasts in the UK - The Black Sun Podcast - over 18's only !

Follow me on twitter - @wardenmunger

Offline LarsRock

• Members
Re: Kislev musters for War.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »
Sounds awesome, love the kislev models.. :::cheers:::

Do you already have all the Kislevite models, or are you going to buy them as you go along? 'Cause 33 teutogen models sound like something that could set any hobbyist's budget back a bit.. :Ohmy:
Behold as Rome burns, as do I
´Tis not the last empire to crumble

Offline wardenmunger

• Members
Re: Kislev musters for War.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »
I already own 40 Teutogen Guard, 34 Winged Lancers, 40 Horse Archers, 80 Kossars so I don't need any more! I will more than likely add to the units once I'm done with the main army. I'm looking to finish in time for Downfall in Dec. fingers crossed I get it done.
Listen in to one of the biggest podcasts in the UK - The Black Sun Podcast - over 18's only !

Follow me on twitter - @wardenmunger