home

Author Topic: 1500 point army ready to battle the skaven in a week  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Aaron

• Members
1500 point army ready to battle the skaven in a week
« on: November 19, 2005, 05:09:14 AM »
Im hoping that my cannons and volley gun can cull a few rats before the infantry start cleaning up whats left. If anyone has anybetter ideas for the army even tatics I can use please let me know.

Captain            
Great weapon full plate armour          116
holt relic            

Battle wizard            110
level 2            
wizard staff            

18 swordsmen            151
sword light armour shield            
full command            
6 militia detachment            35
two hand weapons            

15 spearmen            105
spear light armour            
standard musician            
6 militia detachment            30
two hand weapons            

12 Hand gunners            132
hand gun            
marksman  repeater handgun            

8 knights inner circle                         298
lance full plate armour shield             
full command            
banner of valour

10 greatswords            150
great weapon full plate armour            
full command            

10 greatswords            150
great weapon full plate armour            
full command            

2 Great cannons            200

Heblaster volley gun            125

Total               1497

Offline Valt3n

• Members
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 03:55:01 PM »
Firstly Greatswords are 0-1 so you can't have two in your army. (this probably was a typo though)
Secondly i would try to bulkup the size of your units as well as detachments( 8 man is usually the best size)
8 man units of cavalry are not the most efficient as they cost and extra 92 points on a rank that if you lose a model from is now worthless. 6 man units are far better imo and they are also cheaper.
In my experience you should target the ratling guns with the cannon balls and take them out as these are far more dangerous because of the fact that with detachments you can beat most ranked up units.
My school days were the happiest days of my life; which should give you some indication of the misery I've endured over the past 25 years.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 05:00:51 PM »
You don't really need a great weapon against skaven, you'll cleave through them with as much as a toothpick anyway  :wink: . For that reason I also wouldn't include greatswords. Also, I'd swap one cannon for a mortar.
Eight is a bad number for Knights.
Change the swordsmen to spearmen. You don't need disciplined troops, but lots of attacks to throw at them.
Take some extra dispel scrolls.

Good luck  :-D .
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Aaron

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 10:56:47 PM »
yeah that was a typo I only have 1 unit of great swords.
there all good idea but unfortuanlty i dont physically have the models. I might drop 2 knights  adn get a few dipsell scrolls I totally forgot about them. Thanxs heaps

Offline Aaron

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 10:57:42 PM »
yeah that was a typo I only have 1 unit of great swords.
there all good idea but unfortuanlty i dent physically have the models. I might drop 2 knights  and get a few dipsell scrolls I totally forgot about them. Thanxs heaps

Offline Valt3n

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 10:08:05 AM »
Instead of redoing the reply just edit it. You can delete the first reply i think or one of our mods will do it for you.
My school days were the happiest days of my life; which should give you some indication of the misery I've endured over the past 25 years.