home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643510 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #7125 on: February 28, 2014, 06:11:45 PM »
"Well we also started an investigation at the wizards guild to find a way to identify the shapechanger once we have him cornered, I think a messenger should be sent to the wizards guild to fetch the potion and then we could be completely sure. I think it would be unwise to throw anyone into the dungeons at this point."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7126 on: February 28, 2014, 10:30:23 PM »
"Ah, now that sounds a very practical suggestion, Count von Sternberg," Sparsam says, "a magical test would solve this problem at once. Provided it is not in any way harmful to the real Graf."

"The delightful Miss Eberhauer should be sent for immediately!" Pavarotti says, grinning.

"That's all very well," the leader of the Knights Panther says, "but it could take hours to get the wizards here and perform the test. What do we do in the meantime? It's really a very difficult situation for a bodyguard to be in." He frowns. "Either of these could be the real Graf. I can't refuse the orders of either... nor can I take either to the dungeons."

Graf 2 stands up. "I am not used to having my orders questioned... but I can understand that my authority is... uncertain at the moment. Summon Law Lord Wasmeier. He'll take charge of the situation." The Knights hesitate, and Graf 2 says, "Summon Wasmeier I said!"

"Please do that," Sparsam tells the knights, "and send a message to the Wizard' School also."

Two knights leave. Graf 1 suddenly notices his double. "I say, who's that chap?" he says. "He's wearing one of my robes, isn't he? Damn cheek! Who are you? Looks a bit familiar somehow..."

"Be quiet, assassin," Graf 2 says, "unless you intend to confess to your crimes. Your act isn't fooling anyone."

"How dare you! Knights, arrest that rude fellow! I'm sure that's my second-best robe he has on. I won't stand for it!"
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7127 on: March 01, 2014, 12:35:32 AM »
May I suggest chancellor, given the current uncertainty, we also summon lord Ehrlich, and at Ulric. I'm sure lord wasmeier is too busy to handle this situation on his own.

"Graf... Graf" Julian bows to them both "perhaps while we wait for the wizards, you might be able to tell me... Which hold I am from?"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #7128 on: March 01, 2014, 09:23:23 AM »
Klaus will walk over to the leader of the Knights panther "I can understand your worry about the situation, if we wouldn´t have interfered it is certain that the real Graf would have been killed and some Mutant would be in his place....horrible if you think about it. It is important now that we don´t rush things, that we don´t make any mistake as it would spell doom to this city. So we should take all the time we need to figure out who the real Graf is and thus prevent further damage. Don´t you agree?"

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7129 on: March 01, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »
Admund shifts uncomfortably, and eyes Graf 2 suspiciously.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7130 on: March 01, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
"Yes, that's an excellent idea," the Chancellor says to Julian. He turns to the knights again, and says, "please be sure you also fetch Ar-Ulric and the other two Law Lords. We don't want to draw too much attention to this... ah... situation... but the most senior advisers should be consulted."

Two more knights leave to find them.

Klaus has some words with the leader of the bodyguard of knights. "That's true," the knight says, "and the real Graf will understand our actions." He looks at the two Grafs, and salutes them. "Your grace, I cannot accept your orders until the rightful Graf has been identified, and I cannot permit my men to follow your orders either. I take full responsibility for my disobedience, and trust that you will understand why this is necessary."

Graf 2 frowns, then nods impatiently. "Yes, I suppose that is reasonable."

Graf 1 says, "I never thought I'd see the day," he mutters, "disobeyed by my own bodyguard in my own rooms! Someone will pay for this... never would have been stood for in my father's day... no respect anymore..."

Julian asks both Grafs if they recall which Dwarf Hold he is from.

Graf 2 furrows his brow, apparently deep in thought. Graf 1 is still mumbling about his disobedient knights, and doesn't seem to have heard the question. Graf 2 glances at him a couple of times, then finally speaks. "I'm afraid I do not remember our conversation, Stonebridge," he says. "As you must have noticed, I was rather... confused that day. I recall inviting you to join me after the ceremony, but after that... nothing. I could guess the hold, but that would be dishonest. I simply do not remember."

Julian repeats the question to Graf 1, who listens this time. "What was that, my boy? Which hold? Is this a test?" He tuts. "I don't like to be tested, Julian. Not even by my champion! That Tilean is always testing me - yes, you sir!" He points accusingly at Pavarotti. "He thinks I'm losing my mind. But I'm not! It's a damn liberty! Well, I distinctly remember you saying you were from Karak Norn. And then you told me there was some sort of threat to the city, and I charged you to investigate it. There, what do you think of that! Losing my mind am I."
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #7131 on: March 01, 2014, 03:50:43 PM »
"Right now everything indicates that him is the rightful Graf." Klaus will point at Graf [1] who looks to be a bit confused but remembers the conversation with Julian. "Chancellor Sparsam, do you recall any conversation you had in privacy with the Graf lately....Pavarotti how about you?"

Klaus will nod to the Captain of the Knights Panther in respect then walk over so he will be between the Graf 2 and the Graf 1.

Turning towards the Graf 1 Klaus will say in a calm voice rich with respect for the man "My lord I can completely understand your outrage about this situation but be assured that the whole case will be resolved quickly once the mages guild arrives with the chemical to find out who the real Graf is....I beg you in all respect for a bit of more patience. Do you want anything to drink or food to make the waiting as comfortable as possible?" Klaus knows that the way to find out who the Graf is might not be ready yet....the pressure on the shapeshifter must be immensly now though and maybe he will try to overwhelm the group and the remaining knights if one more leaves the room to get some food. If he would spring into action they would have proof and Klaus trusts Julians, Admunds and Heinrichs prowess with their arms to deal with the shapechanger.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7132 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:16 AM »
Graf 2 scowls. "I find it insulting that anyone would be taken in by that absurd performance."

Sparsam says, "I'm afraid I haven't spoken to the Graf for some time. I can't think of anything specific I could ask him."

"The Graf has not been talkative!" Pavarotti booms, "I have kept him informed of Stefan's health, but nothing that could not be guessed by an imposter!"

"No, I've just had my lunch," Graf 1 tells Klaus. "I'll tell you what though - all this nonsense has quite loosened my bowels. I need to answer a call of nature." He stands up and starts to walk towards his bedroom.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7133 on: March 03, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
"Don't let him leave the room!" Graf 2 says, "he'll escape through the window!"
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7134 on: March 04, 2014, 11:04:52 AM »
"Your Grace, it would be best if you were accompanied," the leader of the knights says, "there could still be an assassin in the bed chamber."

"Oh, very well," Graf 1 says, "but hurry up!"

He goes into the bedroom, accompanied by two knights. They close the door behind them.

Graf 2 says, "I have thought of a way to prove my identity: in my study there is a safe that only I know the combination for. I will go in there now and open it in front of witnesses - you, Chancellor, and two knights."

"Oh, of course," Sparsam says, "what a good idea!"
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #7135 on: March 04, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
"I will go along if you don´t mind, Admund you want to come too? Heinrich, Julian maybe you could accompany the knights who are with the ....other Graf" Klaus will smile at this and start to go after Graf 2. "You know what....it would even be better if we just wait until they return then all of us can go over to the safe and check if the other person can open the safe...if not you will get your chance and if you can open it it would be at least very incrimating."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7136 on: March 04, 2014, 03:09:46 PM »
"I will not wait," Graf 2 says, "this charade has gone on long enough. I will prove who I am... and then I will expect my orders to be followed. The study is not large enough for a crowd in any case. No more than three people should accompany me."
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #7137 on: March 04, 2014, 03:12:31 PM »
"Well than I will come with you.....I am not sure that it proves much the combination might also be known by the other Graf in which case the information might have leaked.....if you are so sure that you are the only person knowing the combination...why shouldn´t we wait for the imposter and let him try......as I stated it is of importance that we don´t rush any decisions here and condemn the wrong person ....and end up with a chaos spawn ruling the mighty city of Middenheim."

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7138 on: March 04, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »
“Or the combination could have been changed by the imposter when they first entered, before we arrived. I’m sorry Graf, but I do not think that will prove who is the real version.
Where is the council? It is not safe to take any orders from either Graf until we are all sure who is real, and who is not”

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7139 on: March 05, 2014, 03:12:27 AM »
Admund nods at Julian. " 'fraid he's right. It's not safe to listen to either of you 'till we know who is who."

Admund rubs his chin and eyes the Graf next to Heinrich. "You seem a bit more about yourself than the Graf has been rumored to be lately. It's probably all that adrenaline from running around the high courts trying to set us up for murder. Holfich, Hirschvogel, Sir Elias. It must be terribly difficult for a shape changer to keep all the personalities straight."
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7140 on: March 06, 2014, 12:56:10 AM »
Graf 2 glares at Admund. A shiver passes down Admund's spine as his eyes meet the Graf's... for a moment, he's not sure he's looking at a human being. "Remember who you are speaking to, watchman," Graf 2 spits, "when I am proven to be the real Graf, you may have cause to regret your words."

Sparsam, in response to Klaus and Julian's comments about the safe combination, says to Graf 2, "I'm afraid they are right, your grace: the safe may not prove anything. Perhaps you should wait here until Wasmeier and the others arrive. They should be here very soon."

"Your mind is changing rapidly, Sparsam," Graf 2 sneers, "I have rarely heard you speak so much, except when you are droning on about finances. Have you taken a little too much of your 'nerve tonic' perhaps?"

Sparsam's face goes red. "I... uh... " His voice trails off.

"Be quiet then. Now, I am going to open that safe. Stand aside."

Graf 2 starts to walk towards the door that leads to his study.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7141 on: March 06, 2014, 12:57:43 AM »
Heinrich will move to block his path without actually laying hands on him.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7142 on: March 06, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »
Admund steps up behind Graf 2 to block his retreat.

" 'fraid we can't let you do that."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:38:55 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7143 on: March 06, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
[Cl test for Graf 2: 90, failed]

Graf 2's face twists with rage, and he suddenly strikes at Heinrich's face with his open hand.

[Graf 2 attack1: 82, miss]
[Graf 2 a2: 36, hit. Heinrich parries (with his arm): 33, pass. No contact]

Heinrich blocks the attack. This makes the Graf even more furious. He cries out, his mouth opening wide... then wider... then impossibly, horrifically wide. In one terrible instant, his entire body collapses in on itself, then bursts apart into a mass of writhing chaos. Only one feature remains... a single enormous, ghastly eye.

[Everyone take a terror test! That is, test against Cool. Klaus's blessed talisman will provide its bonus to him, even though this isn't actually a demon]
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7144 on: March 06, 2014, 11:58:29 AM »
Julian reaches down to draw Barrakul, advancing upon the shapechanger. “Grungni” Julian shouts, the blade shining as he plunges it into the beast. But Julian suddenly realises he can’t feel the familiar tingle of the sword’s runic magic on his fingers, and with a blink he realises he is standing stock still, his eyes transfixed on the globular monstrous mess which seconds before had been the Graf’s face.

Pass the machete.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7145 on: March 06, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »
Ulrun watches as the beast is losing its cool and the graf begins to show his true colours. With a great shout of fear he crouches down when he sees the monster appear, used to conjouring them rather than seeing real ones.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

• Members
« Reply #7146 on: March 06, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »
Klaus thinking that Admunds suspicion on the Graf that wants to open the safe is true he is still shocked for a moment by the sudden outburst of the creature. The sight of the horrible creature almost stunning him he feels the talisman spreading a warmth on his skin and a calm comes over him. Shouting over the confusion he charges the Creature to give it a kick in the back. "This is the one! Protect the Graf ....DON`T KILL IT! We want to capture it alive!"

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:19:05 PM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #7147 on: March 06, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
Mortus presses herself up against the wall, trying to get as far from the demon as possible.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7148 on: March 06, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
[Roll of 25]

Admund's eyes widen in horror of disgusting transformation. He instinctively hops back from the danger when he sees the false Graf transform and rips his new curved blade from it's sheath.

"Protect the Graf!" Admund yells at the knights. [Battle tongue, hoping to keep them about their senses]

Admund lunges forward, bringing his sword up to strikes. He steps in, delivering a deep diagonal slash across the creature's back.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7149 on: March 06, 2014, 11:21:14 PM »
[NPC terror tests]
[Max Cl test: 03, pass!]
[Pavarotti: 17, pass]
[Sparsam: 98, fail]
[Knight 1: 09, pass]
[Knight 2: 53, fail]
[Knight 3: 57, fail]
[Knight 4: 89, fail]

Sparsam cries out in horror and faints. Pavarotti grabs a scalpel from his medical bag and advances on the creature, a determined look on his face.

Only one of the four knights is able to overcome his fear and join the fight. He shouts a reply to Admund's battle-tongue instruction and draws his sword.

Max draws his axe and, yelling out a prayer to Sigmar, charges the monster!

[waiting for Heinrich to test]
If I wanted to.