home

Author Topic: AoS Rules Questions  (Read 36709 times)

Offline Dosiere

• Members
Re: AoS Rules Questions
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2015, 03:18:55 AM »
I would like to correct myself on something - Re-rolls actually happen before modifiers.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2015, 09:39:27 AM »
The celestial hurricanum states that a wizard tending it can cast 1 spell during the hero phase. It proceeds to list the 2 standard wizard spells and adds comet of Cassandora as a third. Do people interpret this to be in addition to the spells a wizard already knows and can cast? For example, could a life wizard on the hurricanum cast 2 spells in the hero phase with access to Mage bolt, mystic shield, comet and lifebloom?

On the warscroll it's clear that a wizard on hurricanum only knows 3 spells

"A wizard tending a Celestial Hurricanum
can attempt to cast one spell in each of
your hero phases, and attempt to unbind
one spell in each enemy hero phase. He
knows the Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and
Comet of Casandora spells.
"

Also on the warscroll, it's obvious that a life wizard would not be flufyf, or I'd say valid to put a life wizard on the hurricanum

"Some Celestial Hurricanums are tended by
Celestial Wizards."

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »
Flagellants do not have an armor save. Do others interpret this to mean that mystic shield and other abilities that buff or reroll the save would have no effect on them?

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2015, 06:59:49 PM »
Flagellants do not have an armor save. Do others interpret this to mean that mystic shield and other abilities that buff or reroll the save would have no effect on them?

Indeed, no save is no need to roll, so no modifiers can be applied as they would have no effect anyway
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2015, 04:27:37 AM »

Indeed, no save is no need to roll, so no modifiers can be applied as they would have no effect anyway
Does it mean that even when they are in cover, they still got no save? :icon_confused:

Offline Dosiere

• Members
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2015, 04:57:09 AM »
Yes, as far as I can tell.  Unlike similar rules like say, Stealth in 40K, it has no stipulation for what happens if a model has no save.  Since you don't have a save roll to modify you don't get one.  I guess.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2015, 07:20:57 PM »
When you pile in, you may move
each model in the unit up to 3" towards
the closest enemy model. This is will allow
the models in the unit to get closer to the
enemy in order to attack them.

So I have seen this used in SO many different ways now in battle report vids. And most if not all bending the rules in my opinion.
I see lots and lots of sliding around models that are already in contact to get other models in. But my take on it is: If already in contact you can't use the Pile-in move for those. Any attackers behind can move those 3" around friendly models to try and get into contact (or you remove casualties from the first rank to open up a window).

What is your take on it?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Dosiere

• Members
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
Yeah it's a mess.  The only interpretation that truly makes sense to me is the most simple.  Move towards the closest enemy model.  If you are already in base contact then you can't move.  Moving around friendly models is fine, but all these weird things going on are really stupid.  My favorite is the one where people claim that as long as they end their move closer to the nearest enemy model than before it's a legal move.  It's all rather shady.  Too bad GW is never going to rewrite these rules or give us a visual example of what they really meant.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2015, 01:23:22 PM »
I would agree - you cannot move closer if you are in contact (presuming you don't allow base-overlap).
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2015, 02:02:50 PM »
We play if you are touching you can't move. My Empire models are on 30mm bases and I don't do base overlap so it hurts but I've managed to win a third of the games I've played which is much better than my Warhammer fantasy battle ratio. Like has been said by others, the simplest interpretation is usually the best.