home

Author Topic: III Battle of Black Fire Pass documentary  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
III Battle of Black Fire Pass documentary
« on: October 03, 2020, 08:18:25 PM »
Hi guys,

Long time since my last post here! As some of you could remember, two years ago my gaming group organized a battle on epic scale: The Battle at the Gates of Kislev. Then we were young and ignorant about recording and video edition, but we could film that battle: a clash with 40.000 points per side.

Some months ago, we played another battle. This time, smaller (18.000 points per side) but better recorded, and, finally, translated into english. That is the III Battle of Black Fire Pass between Empire and O&G. But in addition, we bet for uncommon story telling about the game: a documentary based on Great Battles of History. So, this is a battle report, a background study and even a great pod of painting, converting and scenery ideas. And this is the reason why I’m writing this post here and not in other category (in any case, if the administrators think there is a proper category, feel free to move it).

So, I’m very happy to share this documentary with all of you and I really expect you will enjoy it. Please, forgive us our english and don’t be very cruel!

In addition, all commentaries will be appreciated, even if you like it or not. Any advice or ideas will be very welcome.

https://youtu.be/xQ40yA5wlCM

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
Re: III Battle of Black Fire Pass documentary
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 11:40:50 PM »
so glad you made it across the language barrier!

that'll be fun to watch tonight.

Didn't you also have a blog desribing your preparations? I remember looking at that quite a while ago, an enjoyable read.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 03:29:53 PM »
Hey,

not this time, naitsabes. I prefer spending my time painting on other warhammic matters!

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 08:04:11 PM »
well, you are selling yourself short, there is this:

https://escribasdelviejomundo.blogspot.com/?fbclid=IwAR3HAP8fALE-3mwlbRAU78d-CEh9gV8yAhd8o1z72AjfIrdplBP-BVRRzC0

almost reason enough to learn Spanish. but then again, the awesome pictures work in any language  :eusa_clap:
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 12:55:59 AM »
Looks exciting! Can't wait to get some time to sit down and put it on.

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 06:04:49 PM »
well, you are selling yourself short, there is this:

https://escribasdelviejomundo.blogspot.com/?fbclid=IwAR3HAP8fALE-3mwlbRAU78d-CEh9gV8yAhd8o1z72AjfIrdplBP-BVRRzC0

almost reason enough to learn Spanish. but then again, the awesome pictures work in any language  :eusa_clap:

The thing is, this time no particular blog for it, but just only few posts. And no bilingual, just in spanish, that isn't neither my language but I speak it more fluent than english.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 09:02:27 PM »
In the process of re-organizing W-E in 2023, came across this thread about the Battle of Black Fire Pass video for the game these guys put on further back.

Then I took a look at the creators channel, and although it is in Spanish, it looks very, very good ... and it seems to be oriented towards the Old World ...

https://www.youtube.com/@laposadadelmartillo7041/videos
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline wdv331

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 12:35:24 AM »
I still wish they made an English version, or at least dubbed version