home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 679838 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #1875 on: June 03, 2013, 07:58:57 PM »
They would be about the right size to be Demigryphs.

Don't be stupid - they would be dwarfed by the 6 Tsar Boris bears currently in the role.   :engel:

I was thinking more of Pistoliers or Outriders
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1876 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:50 PM »
Unit fillers...the universal answer to everything.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1877 on: June 03, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »
Don't be stupid - they would be dwarfed by the 6 Tsar Boris bears currently in the role.   :engel:

Looks like the WFB gene is still strongly rooted...
My hood is my castle...

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #1878 on: June 04, 2013, 02:22:13 AM »
If those figures are a single piece with the sledge, they would be awesome for hobbits.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1879 on: June 04, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »

You know me .................. "currently in the role" means bare metal in a box in a cupboard labelled potential Ulrican Demigryph solution.

:engel:

... and I may not wish to play WFB anymore, but I still like to make plan armies - I have to have some reason for all the figures I have.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #1880 on: June 04, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »

You know me .................. "currently in the role" means bare metal in a box in a cupboard labelled potential Ulrican Demigryph solution.

... and I may not wish to play WFB anymore, but I still like to make plan armies - I have to have some reason for all the figures I have.
or you could just give them to your long lost cousin Quickbeam here  :engel:
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1881 on: June 04, 2013, 07:37:31 PM »

But you "was there" and not "here" .................  :closed-eyes: 

Anyway Philly would tell me off, as you are too young ................. to play with toy soldiers

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #1882 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:38 AM »
Reaper's "Bones" line has a lot of stuff in the pipe - this rather nice griffon http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/latest/77157 is only $8!
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1883 on: June 05, 2013, 10:40:28 AM »
.. and I may not wish to play WFB anymore, but I still like to make plan armies - I have to have some reason for all the figures I have.

Yeah I know, Kings of War is superior in... every... single... way.

You do not get tired of repeating yourself obviously.  :closed-eyes:
My hood is my castle...

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #1884 on: June 05, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »
.. and I may not wish to play WFB anymore, but I still like to make plan armies - I have to have some reason for all the figures I have.

Yeah I know, Kings of War is superior in... every... single... way.

You do not get tired of repeating yourself obviously.  :closed-eyes:

I think he meant he doesn't play much at all not just WFB, so he needs a reason to have those minis, if only to plan and create armies for the displaying purpose .
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1885 on: June 05, 2013, 12:49:58 PM »
He knows what I mean Darius  :engel:

Now Shadowlord is "Pure of Heart" he has to control his urges, but the odd bit of verbal sparring will be inevitable.

Actually he should know I have only passed a mere cursory glance over KoW, and dismissed it after seeing those Elves and Dwarfs  :ph34r:

He should also be annoyed that I was just about to ask if his address was the same as back in 2011 when he announced his ebay purchase in the TP ................... so I have unpacked the one I was about to send him  :closed-eyes:

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1886 on: June 05, 2013, 01:03:22 PM »
Now Shadowlord is "Pure of Heart" he has to control his urges, but the odd bit of verbal sparring will be inevitable.

I do not kick on people cowering on the floor in fear!

He should also be annoyed that I was just about to ask if his address was the same as back in 2011 when he announced his ebay purchase in the TP ................... so I have unpacked the one I was about to send him  :closed-eyes:

You are not worthy of being my imaginary father any longer after such treachery. I will still keep your altar though but not pray as much as before.

There seems to be some sort of Warmachine surge where I live and a lot of players are jumping on it. The odd thing though, it is the 40K players mostly after 6th ed. was released. Not that I care, it will have to be more than clowns and tin cans to lure me to that game (the idea and mechanics, bar the idiotic guess range, seems OKish though).
My hood is my castle...

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #1887 on: June 05, 2013, 03:58:13 PM »
Anyway Philly would tell me off, as you are too young ................. to play with toy soldiers
:cry: Low blow!  :laugh:

Actually he should know I have only passed a mere cursory glance over KoW, and dismissed it after seeing those Elves and Dwarfs  :ph34r:
To be honest the Game is very good. I really enjoy more than fantasy right now. It is simple and clean. The models put everyone off though. Most of them are terrible with the exception of the undead!
― Thomas Paine

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #1888 on: June 05, 2013, 07:17:54 PM »
How can Mantic models be bad? Why, JustNorth used to speak highly of them - and how could he ever say something inaccurate or wrong? :)
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1889 on: June 05, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »
How can Mantic models be bad? Why, JustNorth used to speak highly of them - and how could he ever say something inaccurate or wrong? :)

:icon_lol:
My hood is my castle...

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #1890 on: June 05, 2013, 07:24:21 PM »
:cry: Low blow!  :laugh:

To be honest the Game is very good. I really enjoy more than fantasy right now. It is simple and clean. The models put everyone off though. Most of them are terrible with the exception of the undead!

But you can use the gw figs or any other, for that matter, can't you?
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #1891 on: June 06, 2013, 12:43:29 AM »

Of course! They even encourage it!  :laugh:
― Thomas Paine

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #1892 on: June 06, 2013, 06:37:17 AM »

Well then Mantic beats GW in gamer friendly attitude. In fact I don't see any reason why would any gaming sytem enforce the use of just certain  miniatures. The gaming world should be free-spirited.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1893 on: June 06, 2013, 08:41:24 AM »

Well then Mantic beats GW in gamer friendly attitude. In fact I don't see any reason why would any gaming sytem enforce the use of just certain  miniatures. The gaming world should be free-spirited.

dolla dolla bills y'all
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #1894 on: June 06, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »
dolla dolla bills y'all
Picturing you... saying this... Just doesn't work haha
― Thomas Paine

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #1895 on: June 06, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »
But it is the truth. I a stock-market company must make dollars. And sometimes being supergaming friendly is not the best way. GW have a very generous system for dealing with displeased customers getting faulty products. You tend to get a new one, noquestions asked. They want to remain the best model makers and they are. And GW do not say you cannot their minis with other game systems. Just that you cannot use other minis in their stores. So you cann play King of War and field GW minis.

Warmachine seems just like lots of robots and suxxor. I like 40K were a massed infantry assault is still part of the game. Gives the taste of WWI and Eastern front WWII that is right and proper for a game.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1896 on: June 06, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
That would be interesting  :icon_question:

Turning up to play in a GW store or at Warhammer World with armies of GW figures, BUT playing Kings of War. 

I wonder what would happen?

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #1897 on: June 06, 2013, 12:57:06 PM »
That would be interesting  :icon_question:

Turning up to play in a GW store or at Warhammer World with armies of GW figures, BUT playing Kings of War. 

I wonder what would happen?

lol, that would be a sight to behold!

but I doubt the local store manager here would even notice, the inbred fool only knows 40K; (hence my self-imposed banishment from that particular GW store)
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1898 on: June 06, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
That's no knock-off.

No one can make an uglier model of the razorgor, not even Mantic (who are otherwise pros at it).
My hood is my castle...

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #1899 on: June 06, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »
I like the possibility to get cheaper minis than GW:s. But anyone claiming Mantic, besides the occasional lucky shot, makes better minis than GW needs to get glasses. It is not about taste either, those human of them deserve to be recasted into something less ugly, like their ghouls. The design of their for example is beyond retarded.

I might consider sneaking in a few mantic elves among my elves as somekind of suicide Shadow warrior units whose job is to live hard and die young. The only army I could consider making solely out of Mantic minis is an undead force. At least all of those minis are passable. The rest is so bad it is not even worth paying for unless they like dump the price with half. At the very least.

Even if Mantic would be my only economical option to collect a fantasy army I would simply choose not to collect an army at all.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!