home

Author Topic: Quick hero Question  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Quick hero Question
« on: January 31, 2005, 11:50:17 PM »
Hey the other day i played a game and I managed to charge a flank like this..

X= Enemy rank and file
0=Random lord.

XXXXX0
XXXXX
XX

Now I rolled and killed 4 models, but enemy said that I was only in contact with 2 and I could only kill 2...
I said that it was 4, am I right or is he?

If I am.. Ive killed ALL models in contact with, so can I charged next turn ahain? And how does CR work?
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Nulnsmarshall von Brauer

• Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 01:33:41 AM »
From what I understand, you kill all four models even though you are in contact with only two, as you cut down the soldiers that take their comrades' places.  Also, you stay in combat until the entire unit is destroyed or flees.
"I don't play a lot of games in slaughterhouses, so I don't know the ruling on that one." - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 02:34:42 AM »
the Nulnsmarshall is correct on all particulars.

Offline Karl Schimmelfennig

• Members
  • Servant of the Slann
Quick hero Question
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 04:16:37 AM »
Also, you can never be deemed to be out of contact because your opponent removes all models in base to base contact. If for some reason  you do find yourself with none of your models touching any enemy models at the end of a combat, you simply move your guys in until they do.
Famous Quotes from History:

"To beat the French."

The Iron Duke summarises his battle plan at Waterloo.

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 04:52:15 AM »
I was robbed facing lizzies then i charged his skinks with two units killed off a bunch and he removed all the ones that where in base to base combat with me.  I thought i was right that i wasnt out of combat.
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 05:05:42 AM »
if a model is in base to base contact with an enemy model at the start of the combat phase, the only way that they do not get to attack is if they are slain before they can attack.  (pg 68 )

(well, there are some challenge exceptions, but in general, that's how it works.)

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 11:40:51 AM »
On another example on above post....
V=Vc Lord.
O=Orc
S=Standard
G=Grimgor

Right,
V kills 4 0's.... 4 die being the 4 closest to V (no question that 4 die even though Im touchin 2)
Right now the tricky part.. (maybe)
Since there is no fight back the CR is.
V=4
O=3

V wins by one..
Lets say the O manage not to break and continue to fight..
How does the O unit look after combat in next turn?
And are they both still in combat?
My orc friend says Grimgor can move into combat with my Lord, I dont agree..

0SG00V

I hope that this little question can clear it all up..
Thank you to the guys who have answered so far..
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 01:47:34 PM »
It's the easiest to take rank and file models away that are not in base to base in my experience. This solves most of the problems you seem to have. Furthermore, characters are allowed tomove through their own unit during their movement face, so Grimgor can attack your vampire lord next turn.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 02:08:05 PM »
I agree with Rathis. If you remove rank and file models from the farthest point of the combat, starting with the rear rank if possible.

2. Characters can move to the combat front line in their movement phase. BRB Page 97.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Quick hero Question
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 03:01:49 PM »
I thought that taking models from the back was a rule anyway?  It signifies, basically, that the guys in the front rank die and his comrades charge in to fill the gaps when they go down.  And in the end it is a lot easier.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 04:03:42 PM »
Quote from: wissenlander
I thought that taking models from the back was a rule anyway?  It signifies, basically, that the guys in the front rank die and his comrades charge in to fill the gaps when they go down.  And in the end it is a lot easier.

This is a flank attack though - makes it a bit trickier. I am not sure how you would do it if it was a prolonged CC. (mine never are!)
If you continuously remove from the back rank, then sooner or later you will reduce the models in base contact with a flank attack.
Conversely you would not want to reduce the frontage of the front rank, until all models in 2nd and other ranks were removed.

I suppose it may not come to that because of CR forcing a break, or the opportunity to lap round.
I suppose it's possible to have a protracted combat with a non-breaking unit like flagellants, attacking them in the flank, and then I am not sure of the order in which the flagellants would remove models.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Quick hero Question
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 05:54:34 PM »
casualties are always removed from the rear ranks.  If casualties result in less models in contact, the attackers are shuffled down to maintain numbers as much as possible.  (pg 77, removing casualties.)