home

Author Topic: New Battle Report in the Library: Empire versus Lizardmen  (Read 10112 times)

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
New Battle Report in the Library: Empire versus Lizardmen
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 01:53:35 PM »
I LOVE General Helstrom's reports.  Great pics with characterful descriptions.  I haven't posted any bat. reps because they're not the same without pictures.

On that note, I think the battle report is well written.  Karl's complaint (which I don't believe in anyway) was the fact he doesn't think the LIzardmen are very well represented list, and tactics wise.  Everyone has they're own style of list and there own way to use it so I think that the topic should just be left alone.

Great report...hope for more soon.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Count Alexander

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2004, 02:03:17 PM »
I really enjoyed that battle report.  The photos were such an addition to the story line, especially with the side notes.  Some times I tend to get bored with reports (actually lost is more like it) but this report really held my attention.  Thanks to all who were involved  :-D
"Come, it is time to prove yourself a worthy spearman, a man of war!"  The Illiad

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2004, 02:20:25 PM »
An Apology:

I've been reading back through my posts and such regarding Lizardmen and my battles against them.  In most cases my rhetoric is out of line and smug.  For those of you that are Lizardman players I'm truly sorry for my behaviour.  Please accept my humble apologies, and my promise that it won't happen again.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline Karl Schimmelfennig

• Members
  • Servant of the Slann
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2004, 12:53:12 AM »
An Apology:

Well, since Atchman has shown his magnamity, I should extend one also. I apologise for carrying on like an arse in this thread - I didn't approve of the LM army or tactics, but there were much better ways to express my dislike, as opposed to ranting and taking a thread off topic.

I also apologise to anyone I've offended as a result of this thread, and I'll try to be more restrained and well behaved in the future.
Famous Quotes from History:

"To beat the French."

The Iron Duke summarises his battle plan at Waterloo.

Offline JestheRock

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2004, 10:00:34 PM »
I'm glad I was unable to get online for a while. I just thought people may like to read our battle report. Maybe our armies where not so great, but in my case I put it together( the 1900 point fixed) in about 30 mins. It left me 300 points for warmachines and maybe a extra hero. I beat the Lizardman player before by 400 points or so but his skinks hurt me pretty good. So only having 300 points to change my army, I took a humble captain and 2 more units of knights to flank charge and get rid of the skinks.
 It was a very fun game and I won. I have been playing know for about 2 years, and would love to beat more lizardmen. Oh and by the way flank charge my 5 knights and my 8 IC knights would have flanked charged the Kroxigors. You really needed to be there before you rip us apart.
For the EPIMRE-Sigmar will guide us!
Be your own General

Offline Karl Schimmelfennig

• Members
  • Servant of the Slann
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2004, 11:20:48 PM »
Quote from: JestheRock
I'm glad I was unable to get online for a while. I just thought people may like to read our battle report. Maybe our armies where not so great, but in my case I put it together( the 1900 point fixed) in about 30 mins. It left me 300 points for warmachines and maybe a extra hero. I beat the Lizardman player before by 400 points or so but his skinks hurt me pretty good. So only having 300 points to change my army, I took a humble captain and 2 more units of knights to flank charge and get rid of the skinks.
 It was a very fun game and I won. I have been playing know for about 2 years, and would love to beat more lizardmen. Oh and by the way flank charge my 5 knights and my 8 IC knights would have flanked charged the Kroxigors. You really needed to be there before you rip us apart.

It's called an overrun.  :)
Famous Quotes from History:

"To beat the French."

The Iron Duke summarises his battle plan at Waterloo.

Offline Sigmarvin

• Members
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2004, 03:49:11 AM »
As one of the Lizardmen players that has not defeated Atchman, I can say that I am thrilled this thread turned gentlemanly at the end.  It's just a battle report as we all see now.  Yes, I am just piling on now in a more or less useless way, but I completely missed my shot at being helpful on the LM forum and realized I insulted Randy in the process and so am saying that I am hopeful that we lizardmen players haven't gotten too mad or made anyone too mad about this...

with apologies to Randy,

Jason

Offline boris

• Members
empire vs lizardmen
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 04:04:31 PM »
good battle report, glad u beat the lizardmen cause only a couple of days ago i got beat by my m8s lizardmen.
i like the lines that show where they moved 2
for the first and best ogre kingdoms website go to
www.ogrestronghold.com