home

Author Topic: Battle Reports  (Read 26704 times)

Offline Patch

• Members
  • What would Chuck Norris do?
Re: Battle Reports
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
Region: UK
Armies: Empire v Liardmen
Army Name: Altdorf 2nd Division
General: General Hans Von Wynter
Battle Size: 3000 points
Objective: The Tower of Vigilence
Fluff Objective: Bar the Way
Outcome: Solid Loss
Cool Moment: The Archlector striking down two Stegadons, one after another.
Uncool Moment: Pretty much the rest of the battle!
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2007, 01:18:25 AM »
Region: US
Armies: Empire vs. High Elves
Army Name: Federal Army Of The Empire
General: General Simon "Donnerherz" Rodimutz
Battle Size: 2000 points
Objective: -
Fluff Objective: -
Outcome: A real slaughter - victory for the Empire!
Cool Moment: Learning his Chariot was T4.  :-D  Also, the Ironguts getting the charge on the Swordmasters - twice. 
Uncool Moment: Learning that Dragon Princes still get that 18" charge range.
I'm in college!

Offline dWhisper

• Members
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2007, 03:32:15 PM »
Armies: Empire vs. Hordes of Chaos
Army Name: Sigmar's Fist
General: Arch Lector Talianus t'Amanere
Battle Size: 2250
Objective: Capture the Tower of Moonrise (2 player version)
Fluff Objective: Slaughter everything!
Outcome: Minor loss for the Empire

Cool Moment: The Arch Lector and Greatswords sweeping away the Marauders and Khorngors in a fierce advance
Uncool Moment: Toss up... my Stank getting tied up by a spawn in turn one and doing more damage to itself by generating steam points... it never fired a shot or did any damage, a Chaos Dragon ripping apart my spearmen and knights, or the cannon misfiring TWICE after putting the cannonball between the dragon's eyes (using the tower's illumination to reroll the shot, jammed for two turns)
I'm a little girl with pigtails!

Fear the STank!

Offline Sergeant36

• Members
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
High Commander Rodimutz, Helstrom’s 4th Army:

This afternoon we had some action with the enemy several leagues south of Mattengard.  Brothers Thabius and Lucas led two battalions south this morning in an effort to clear the forest that was encroaching upon the road and therefore making it unsafe for travel.  The men were busy at this hard labor for the majority of the day and were looking forward to the relative comfort of their tents when a force of orcs and goblins burst from the forest late in the afternoon.  Brother Thabius got the men to their feet with his infamous powers of oratory and the battle lines were drawn.  There was a great deal of skirmishing across the clearing and both sides fell to volleys of shot and the cruel, black arrows of the goblins.  Several deranged fanatics were released close to our lines and though we only had near misses and no casualties, the tired mens’ nerves were frayed.  A regiment of huge orcs then emerged from within the mob and surged towards our lines.  Brother Thabius readied the Halberdiers and they took the charge but what happened next cannot be easily confirmed by the survivors.  The orcs flew into a terrible blood-lust that startled the men.  Sir, we have faced orcs before but few men will speak of the terror they faced today!  The orcs tore through the Halberdiers like grapeshot and seemed to cut down every other man with their massive weapons.  The Halberdiers turned and fled and managed to outrun the beasts thank Sigmar!  It was only the countercharge from the second battalion that saved the engagement from being a complete rout.  The Spearmen broke a unit of goblins and chased them into the woods while the Halberdiers managed to regain their nerve and re-entered the fight.  As we readied for the second charge, the orcs turned and melted back into the forest.  I do not know why they left the field, but we were grateful to Sigmar.  We narrowly escaped destruction this day and have returned to Mattengard with our wounded.  This is dangerous duty - this hunt for the crown.   

Respectfully,

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
1st Reiklanders, Helstrom’s 4th Army

Armies: Empire vs. O&G
Army Name: 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th
General: Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
Battle Size: 1000 pts
Objective: Pitched Battle
Fluff Objective: Clear the forest around the Talabec Road
Outcome: Draw
Cool Moment:  Having my general and four other units rally two inches from the table edge at the top of turn 6 and being saved the "massacred" outcome.
Commander Dolohev Stonheim III, 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th.  Recipient of the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation, the Scroll of Ludendorf and the Shield of Sigmar's Wrath.

Offline farmer

• Members
  • Victory is life
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2007, 06:24:23 AM »
Armies: Empire V Chaos Beastmen
Army Name: The Grand Army of Averland
General: Karl Franz
Battle Size: 3000 pts
Fluff Objective: N/A
Outcome: Draw
Cool Moment: My Great cannon bring down his Giant with one shot. (Right between the eyes) 
"We fight them with our steel, we fight them with our courage, but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar!"

(Magnus the Pious outside the gates of Kislev)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »
Armies: Empire V Orcs & Goblins
Army Name: Wissenland Expeditionary Force
General: Ortolf von Brennenburg (Hunter of Sigmar commanding)
Battle Size: 500 pts
Fluff Objective: N/A
Outcome: Minor Victory
Cool Moment: My archers held a charge and managed to hold a black orc regiment and a goblin regiment at bay allowing the other units time to reinforce their position.

General Helstrom,
My men have made camp outside of Auenwaldheim.  The place is booming with activity from refugees and all manner of military units fortify the decaying walls.

I dispatched a patrol of two infantry regiments to watch the area south from whence we came and in no time they ran headlong into an orc band along the road.

It was a hard fought engagement and a brave stand by archers of the Swordsmen regiment held off a mob of black orcs and goblins.  This gave the rest of the patrol time to gather their strength and send the greenskins running.

We will continue to patrol the road as ordered.
O.v.B.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Patch

• Members
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2007, 10:02:09 PM »
Armies: Empire V Hordes of Chaos
General: Hans Von Wynter
Battle Size:  500pts
Objective: Flank Attack
Fluff Objective: Stop the Patrol
Outcome: Massacre
Cool Moment: My Handgunners blazing away at his chaos knights, and actually killing 5!

Armies: Empire V Hordes of Chaos
Battle Size:  2000pts
Objective: Battle at the Farmhouse
Fluff Objective: Protect the General
Outcome: Solid Win
Cool Moment: My Steam Tank and Giant being the first reserves to turn up, then bottlenecking his troops.

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2007, 06:55:26 AM »
Ok, befor I post my battle why am I doing this? I mean is there a purpose or is it just to see hoe we are doing.

Region: Australia
Armies: Empire Vs Vampire Counts
General: Father Haemish
Battle Size:  1000p
Objective: Pitched battle
Fluff Objective: Divirt the Vampire Count Legion from Stienburg
Outcome: Massacred :icon_cry: in the second turn
Cool Moment: hmmm. Getting the extra power dice to due to my knights standing near a special building.
UNcool Moment: Realising that my Wizard was dead and that the extra dice were useless.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »
Journal of Carl Von Clausewitz, Military Advisor to the Talabheim Irregulars.

5th July

Following new orders from Lord Veldemere I shall lead the Irregulars on an expedition to Tor Thana.  Its location is somewhat vague on our maps and I don’t look forward to encountering such an eldritch place, nor those that dwell there.

11th July

After many days on the march the Irregulars were still far from their objective.  The mood around camp at night was very tense, the men were much happier in the heavily fortified region around Egonsdorf.

Our alertness paid off when our vanguard force of Hunters of Sigmar narrowly avoided an ambush by more Druchii raiders.  The sounds of the reptilian beasts they use as mounts giving slight warning.

The Hunters wasted no time before galloping to the charge.  One the right flank heavy fire of bolts rained down driving off the Hunters attack.

But the frontal charge tactic seemed to work well elsewhere, with chariots and Druchii spears being trampled down.

Although this seemed a great victory with few casualties the Hunters of Sigmar did not rejoice as the foul sorceress that led the raiders escaped into the forest.  One wounded Druchii did reveal in his boasts that these Druchii were known as the Dark Ones of Karond Kar, and before he died from his wounds he called on Nadasir to avenge him.  It seems there are many bands of Druchii in this region.

Armies: Empire Vs Druchii
Army Name: Helstrom's 4th Talabheim Corps (the Irregulars)
General: Carl Von Clausewitz
Battle Size:  1000p
Fluff Objective: En route to Tor Thana
Cool Moment: First time I've used the HBVG since NEB.  It didn't blow up when it fired once during the game, 18 shots against the lone sorceress, no hits  :lol:

11th July

As our main force rejoined our vanguard after the clash with the Druchii sorceress we tried to get our bearings to plot our route to Tor Thana.  It was proving as mysterious as its reputation.

While following what turned out to be another wrong turn our scouts reported what appeared to be a siege train coming down from the north towards our position.  Taking no chances I ordered our troops into defensive positions and deployed our cannons.

As the enemy forces can into view we were shocked to see a large force of Chaos Dwarfs with several artillery pieces.  Could these be the Chaos Dwarf combat engineers rumoured to be aiding the greenskins?

The banner’s they flew bore the marks of the ruinous powers.  So I ordered the attack and our cannons opened fire.  Accurate cannon fire destroyed two of the enemy artillery pieces before they could fire a shot.

The Hunters of Sigmar and our own knights charged forward, their plate armour protecting them from the bolts being fired at them.  As I saw this I began to think something was wrong.  Did the Chaos Dwarfs use crossbows?

As the infantry regiments closed my concerns grew.  The enemy in front of us did not act in the usual frenzied manner of chaos troops.  In fact they were quiet and disciplined.

The enemy was giving ground seeming reluctant to fight.  Thus when they finally broke I did not order a pursuit. Something was definitely not right, I could not see any chaos symbols on the retreating troops.

The enemy general suddenly fired his crossbow into some trees, there was a flash and our mistake was revealed.  The force in front of us was Dawi, not Chaos Dwarfs at all.  The Dwarf leader approached me and I greeted him with my name.

"I am Bradock Braksson of the Karag Garaz trading force and I have reason to believe we where both deceived by an individual I would now really like to see dead. I am sure we are both sorry for what has happened here but I’m afraid i must make a quick exit, for the culprit behind this isn’t far away and I would like to have some revenge" replied the Dwarf.

As Bradock departed I couldn’t help wondering if the Druchii sorceress had enacted some of her revenge.

Armies: Empire Vs Dwarfs
Battle Size:  1500p
Fluff Objective: En route to Tor Thana
Cool Moment: First turn kill of organ gun and bolt thrower with cannons.  Also my opponent came up with a neat idea for why we'd fought the battle (which I alluded to in my report).
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »

12th July

Close to midday we finally saw the crumbling spires of Tor Thana.  In the distant sky we could see strange figures wheeling around accompanied by flashes of odd coloured lightning.  All around were signs of armies on the move.  Columns of Dwarfs seemed to be converging on the ruined city, along with their allies.  The Irregulars were pleased see that Boris Hertwig’s Ulricswaffe in their Ostermark purple and white uniforms had reached the city slightly before us.

With Boris’s men holding a strongpoint on a nearby hill I advanced the Irregulars on Tor Thana.  As we got closer fighting began to erupt all around us, it was hard to keep track of friend or foe in all the fighting.  Before we could reach the city a large force of Druchii launched an attack on my forces.  Recognising the vivid scar on the neck of the leaders dragon I realised that these were the same Druchii that had attacked us at Egonsdorf.

Seeing the dragon diving down towards my regiment I reached to my belt and drew a small pistol and loosed a round at the Druchii leader. As the smoke cleared I saw the Druchii fall from the saddle of his mount and hit the ground. The dragon, surprised by the sudden absence of his master, headed skywards and circled around.

Seeing the Druchii leader grounded I spurred my trusty warhorse and charged at him. The Druchii bellowed a challenge and stood his ground until the last second before sidestepping and planting his Halberd in the ground. The horse ran straight though the end of the weapon, screeching a terrible note as it fell. I was thrown to the ground before quickly rising to my feet. The Druchii pressed his attack swinging his weapon in a deadly arc, which I barely got my sword up to block.

“Pitiful” the Druchii spat “You should learn to stay out of our business you pitiful lapdogs of the false elves. Rackieth ordered me to this battlefield to take care of you but I gladly take the opportunity to show you the error of your ways”.

“I know of your kind, the followers of Malekith” I replied.

“Is that what the false elves have told you”, sneered the Druchii “While I Kaihlik Rashia serve Malekith most of us do not. Have the Asur told you the heartstone is not a magical artefact to cleanse the area but a powerful magical weapon designed to kill everyone living in this area?"

“I care not for stones, I am here on the orders of Lord Veldemere of Helstrom’s 4th to defend the Empire and that is all you need know Druchii”. Hoping to take him off guard I lunged at Kaihlik who parried the blow and with blinding speed brought the weapon around and cut into my side. Fortunately, some Hunters of Sigmar had broken through part of the battle and rode my aid.  The Druchii Kaihlik escaped on his dragon.

In the confusion it was impossible to say which side was winning the battle for Tor Thana.  I decided that I could not risk the lives of the Irregulars with no clear plan for victory.  Thus we made an orderly withdrawal to the safety of the Ulricswaffe camp.

It was then Boris informed me that new ordered had arrived, we were no longer to attack Tor Thana.  As my wounds were treated I began to plan how to repay Lord Kaihlik… with interest of course.

Armies: Empire Vs Druchii
Battle Size:  2000 (Officially, see below)
Fluff Objective: Battle of Tor Thana
Outcome: Marginal Defeat
Special Circumstances: This was actually an instore mega-battle, there were 6 "Empire" players and 4 "O&G" players (in fact it was evil armies versus good armies).  I ended up with 1500 points with the Druchii having 2000 points.  It was around 7k for each side, but most importantly we had the greater number of inexperienced players (and they had 2 lords to our none).  In fact the Druchii and I hardly fought against one another at all as we were quite far apart (two 6x4 tables pushed together).  My side of the table went in my favour but the other table got wiped out (mostly by Tomb Kings).  In the end the store manager decided the winning side with the mark 1 eyeball system (i.e. swift glance at whats left and guess).  Being a nice chap I allowed the DE opponent to record it as a battle between us, so that the Druchii could get a bit of their fluff mentioned.  Suffice to say I will be out for revenge next week!

Offline crouching lictor

• Members
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »
General Rodimutz, Helstrom's 4th,

This morning the Black Company transferred responsibility for Mattengard over to the 51st Reikland Halberdiers. Currently we are marching south towards the Tower of Moonrise and hope to link up with elements of the northern battlegroup there. I have sent word to Neuman Kleinhurst, my wizard, to cease his activities around the Monolith and to link up with the army there. I have also posted several small detachments along the roads to provide security for the engineers who are busy constructing small watchtowers along the road to be used by Imperial troops and the road wardens. I have received a report from one such detachment under Sergeant Mueller that they were engaged by a horde of zombies early this afternoon. He stated in his report that they rose from the ground and were on top of them before they were even aware of their presence. Falling back to a more defensible position allowed the detachment to reorganize and attack the cursed undead from the flanks, the skirmishers sending many back to Morr as they poured pistol shots into the stinking masses. A twisted creature, able to wield powerful magics, nearly turned the tide against the detachment but Sergeant muller was able to dispatch the creature with a strong arm and a stout hawthorn stake through the heart. With the death of their summoner, the zombies began to crumble and the day was won. Sergeant Mueller, being a solid Stirlander, buried the dead face down and read the fallen Morr's last rites. I have sent a small detachment to reinforce him while construction of the tower continues. I expect to be in the vicinity of the Tower of Moonrise by the week's end barring any interference from the greenskins around Morr's Gate.

Respectfully,
General Wolfgang Greiss, The Black Company

Region: USA
Armies: DoW vs VC
Army Name: The Black Company
General: Wolfgang Greiss
Battle Size:  750
Objective: Flank Attack
Fluff Objective: attacked while providing security for the engineers building a watchtower along the road
Outcome: Solid Victory
Cool Moment: When my Captain caught his necrarch thrall trying to hide between two units and cut him down by driving his lance through him

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2007, 09:22:02 PM »
General,

I am glad your able force will be deployed 'round the Tower area.  Please forward the gold Pendant I have enclosed to the good Sgt. Mueller.  It was uncovered in a sealed chamber some time ago by some Nuln excavators building a new foundry.  Using old almanacs I have discovered it to be a symbol of potent warding against the undead and figured that Mueller has earned his place as it's next rightful owner.  I have also entrusted this courier with a bag of gold, to be divided between Mueller and his men - a good Stirlander always needs more money since we are always fortunate to have their services!  Again, please see he gets it.

I have also decided to increase your company's pay by one half, and the Emperor himself informs me of his happiness of the Mercenaries presently in his employ.  I heretell of a general order being prepared that will raise the standard fees paid to Dogs Of War throughout the whole of the Empire - but of course please keep that under your hat!

As one soldier to another,
Simon "Donnerhertz" Rodimutz
I'm in college!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »
Region: The Barren Hills
Armies: Empire v Chaos
Army Name: Schlaeger Guard- Helstrom's4th
General: Gustav Feindschlaeger
Battle Size: 2000 points
Objective: Bitter Moon
Fluff Objective: Clear the woods around bitter moon, to a depth of half an arrow's flight.
Outcome: Massacre for me! Again. Fourth in a row. This might start to look a bit suspicious...
Cool Moment: At the end of the battle, the Chaos Lord riding a dragon was killed with the dragon deciding to go and watch over the dead body. Four units of knights rammed into the dragon at the same time, killing it instantaneously.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:29 PM »
Demonslayer, it may be by accident but I am glad to have you on board, please keep the results up as I am taking a kicking this week!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Sergeant36

• Members
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2007, 01:23:42 AM »
High Commander Ortolf Von Brennenberg, Helstrom's 4th Army:

Sir, I am eager to report victory on the field!  We began our march southward yesterday afternoon and met the enemy around dusk on the road south of Hunter's Haven.  The army was resting at the construction site of one of the new watchtowers and I consulted with the sentries stationed there and learned of Night Goblin activity in the forest to the east.  A contingent of Halfling shortbows then scouted the forest and reported a force of Night Goblins moving through the underbrush and one very loud Giant bawling and uprooting trees as he went.  I prepared the artillery, readied the men and surprised the enemy as they charged from the tree line, eager to destroy the seemingly unprotected tower.  The men were brave sir, and I have given the laurels to the crew of the Great Cannon Fritz as they skillfully sent a cannonball through the Giant's chest just minutes into the engagement.  My Reiklanders were hot for revenge and they ran down the Night Goblins with a ruthlessness that surprised me.  We have taken some prisoners and are learning much from them before we dispatch them to Morr.  It appears that there is a great deal of activity up on the nearby mountain known as Morr's Gate (they call it Gork's mouth or some such nonsense).  The prisoners would not speak of the crown and all attempts at interrogation have yielded nothing.  I will continue to pursue all leads and will perhaps send a foray into the forest to the east to determine if there is any truth to these rumors of a greenskin encampment.

Respectfully,

Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th Army   

Region: USA - Talabec Border
Armies: Empire vs O&G
Army Name: 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's4th
General: Commander Dolohev Stonheim III
Battle Size: 1000 points
Fluff Objective: Prevent the destruction of a watchtower
Cool Moment: Exceptional shooting by the artillery and handgunners - popping the Giant for 5 wounds in turn 1 and "sniping" a bolt thrower crew from 34" with the mortar
Commander Dolohev Stonheim III, 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th.  Recipient of the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation, the Scroll of Ludendorf and the Shield of Sigmar's Wrath.

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2007, 06:57:25 AM »
Region: USA - Talabec Border
Armies: Empire vs Dogs of War
Army Name: Army of Gorim
General: Earl Jodas ap Theron
Fluff Objective: Open battle with mercenary distraction (DoW paid off by Druchii)
Outcome: Minor Victory
Cool Moment:  The Pistoliers - all game.  They used the "run and rally" trick THREE TIMES and accounted for my enemy's ogres and heavy cavalry single-handed, without a single casualty.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2007, 11:38:35 AM »
Demonslayer, it may be by accident but I am glad to have you on board, please keep the results up as I am taking a kicking this week!

No accident, just sheer skill  :icon_lol:. I'm not playing all that often but will do my best to get as many games in as possible.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »
Region: Barren Hills
Armies: Empire vs VC
Battle Size: 500 points
Fluff Objective: Investigate the ancienct tomb and hold off the undead who try to reclaim it.
Cool Moment:  No especially cool moment. Though it was kind of fun to see the wizard go around and kill five dire wolves and some zombies in one shot, this time it was more of a team game where every unit shined equally.

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2007, 09:20:40 PM »

13th July

Our new orders assigned the Irregulars to intelligence gathering.  We were joined by a member of the College of Light.  He informed us that something strange was happening around Marchens Henge.  The winds of magic were disturbed.  This was just the kind of clue we had been hoping for.  We set off for the henge with all speed.

14th July

As we approached Marchen’s Henge it was near dusk.  Our scouts informed me that several other forces were also converging at the henge.  A large throng of dwarfs was nearby and ahead we could hear the howls of chaos troops, the hiss of Druchii cold ones and just barely visible the silent ranks of the undead of Khemri.

As night began to fall battle commenced.  A brief shouted conversation with a representative of the dwarfs concluded that we would put aside out differences to meet this common foe.

As the battle progressed the chaos forces seemed to be trying to take control of the central altar of the henge.  I led our greatswords forward to bar their progress, all of us could feel the unpleasant feeling of magical build up.

The Hunters of Sigmar held our left flank, making good account for themselves.  Fighting of cold ones, chariots and chaos knights.

My greatswords and I came under heavy attack.  Both demons and chaos knights crashing into our ranks.  But we would not yield, would not break.

We held on until the Light Wizard was able to find the correct means to disrupt the magical build up in the henge.  Then with a sound that was felt more that heard the wizard succeeded.  The magic build up was discharged harmlessly.

Their plan foiled the enemy began to give ground and only the darkness prevented our forces from exacting an even higher toll upon them.

Our scouts marked the path of the fleeing armies making best judgement as to their destination.  This information was sent by pigeons to the nearest army of Helstrum’s 4th to the enemy destination.  And a copy was sent to Lord Veldemere’s head quarters in Egonsdorf.

[This was a mega-battle for Marchens Henge in GW Glasgow.  If the chaos troops ever controlled the middle of the henge at the end of the Empire turn a 3000 point Nurgle Demon Legion army would appear on the chaos side (one of the staff members armies).  It was an extremely decisive victory with the chaos forces being defeated in less than the full 6 turns.]

Armies: Empire (and Dwarfs and Lizards vs Chaos (and DE and TK)
Army Name: Helstrom's 4th Talabheim Irregulars
Battle Size: ~9000 points (~4k Empire)
Fluff Objective: Prevent the summoning of a demon army.
Cool Moment:  For the Empire, beating the chosen chaos knights, because his musician was dead and mine wasn't.  Although probably the coolest thing was seeing the dwarf hammerers in the enemy deployment zone in turn 2!

Offline Nog64

• Members
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2007, 09:50:48 PM »
Armies: Empire/Lizardmen vs. Hordes of Chaos/Tomb Kings
Army Name: Talabheim Silverfeathers
General: Hans Schliess
Battle Size:  Mega Battle
Objective: Pitch Battle
Fluff Objective: Secure West Flank
Outcome: Marginal (very) Defeat
Cool Moment: Pistolier Charge on Carrion=No more Carrion. Skinks helped blow them in close combat :icon_lol:.
<font color=0033FF-FF3000>╤♦*~N64~╤♦*</font>

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2007, 06:08:26 PM »
Armies: Empire vs. Vampire Counts (Necrarch)
Battle Size:  2250
Fluff Objective: Raze the recently discovered Necrarch tower.
Outcome: Massacre... Again.
Cool Moment: An Arch Lector, Steam Tank and cannons combining their efforts to bring down a Necrach Vampire Lord on a Zombie Dragon. Took him down before he could even move, and the rest of the army had crumbled by turn two. NO casualties on my side.
Though I have to say he made a mistake in building his army list... he had two thralls, a dragon (which costs a hero slot) and a vampire lord (costing an additional hero slot). Oh well...
Uncool moment: When the game was over by turn 2. Hardly a challenge :icon_wink:.

Offline Patch

• Members
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2007, 08:01:11 PM »

Armies: Empire v Lizardmen
Battle Size:  4000points
Fluff Objective: Battlefield supremacy
Outcome: Marginal Victory to Empire
Cool Moment: Mercenary Giant Killing a Stegadon with one Thump with Club.
Uncool Moment: Failing to kill the Slann in close combat.  :icon_sad:

Offline crouching lictor

• Members
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2007, 10:37:33 PM »
Armies: DoW vs Dark Elves
Army Name: The Black Company
General: Wolfgang Greiss
Battle Size: 2000pts
Objective: The Tower of Moonrise
Fluff Objective: Secure the Tower for use by the Empire, destroy the Dark Elf raiders
Cool Moment: When the man eaters and Averland Pikes joint charged the hydra and killed it, along with its handlers.
Uncool Moment: When Greiss and his cavalry escort got jumped by a chariot and unit of warriors and fled the combat, although he was able to rally later.

General Rodimutz, Helstrom's 4th,

I hope this message finds you in good health, sir. Sgt Mueller was proud to receive the amulet you sent and swore to perform his duty no matter what. This afternoon we arrived at the Tower of Moonrise to find that a Dark Elf raiding party had arrived ahead of us, their scouts already prowling in the area around the Tower. I immediately deployed the Company from column into line of battle and went straight in to secure the tower. The Dark Elves were led by a sorceress of great power on a pegasus and her army was comprised mostly of infantry with some chariot support and two bolt throwers. I sent the Cutthroats and Brom's Anvils in to tie up the elf infantry while the ogres flexed around the right side of the tower supported by the Averland Pikes. I rode around wide of the right flank and immediately found myself under fire from a previously unseen bolt thrower which killed two of my men. The elf assault came on with a fury and I found myself surrounded by scores of elves. While fighting for my life I lost sight of the main battle for a time until I could rally my knights and rejoin the fray. The battle seemed to sway back and forth and the war hydra wrought terrible destruction amongst the Petrograd Pistoliers and the Cutthroats died to a man holding off a chariot and a large regiment of elf warriors. Dark magic was strong in the air but my pair of mages were able to contain the worst of the sorceress' magic with ancient words of power. Seeing the threat that the war hydra presented, Gragrok and his man eaters, supported by the Averland Pikes, bravely charged the fell beast and under a flurry of axe blows and pike thrusts, killed the terrible creature and its handlers. The Blue Star Irregulars secured the Tower as my light lancers took out the bolt thrower battery. The Dark Elf rmy was utterly crushed and sensing her imminent capture, the sorceress took flight on her Dark Pegasus and fled the battlefield, leaving us in complete control of the area. As my scouts swept the area, they came upon the encampment of the Dark Elf army and after a brief skirmish with a few guards we were able to secure their encampment and free several score of captives being held there. Most of them will survive, although they look as if they've been through hell. I also would like to report that as we passed the area known as Morr's Gate, we could see off in the distance some sort of large construct of some sort. It looked like the crude creation that Orcs are known to create. I shall dispatch a scouting party to investigate once we have finished securing the area around the Tower of Moonrise.

Respectfully,
General Wolfgang Greiss, The Black Company
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 10:52:50 PM by crouching lictor »

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2007, 03:22:40 AM »
Armies: Empire vs. Chaos Dwarfs (!)
Army Name: Federal Army Of The Empire
General: Simon "Donnerhertz" Rodimutz
Objective: -
Fluff Objective: -
Outcome: Minor Defeat for The Empire
Cool Moment: Ogres finally getting the charge on his Blunderbuss unit lead by a Sorcerer.  They were eaten with gusto.  :happy:
Uncool Moment: So much...like meeting Blunderbusses - and the Earthshaker Cannon.  The former blasted so much to Moor and the latter screwed with my advance and Fast Calvary harassment.

..................................................................................................

To the good General Griess and his fighting men,

Gods above, thanks to you some men have been saved from the terror of Chaos Elf slavery!  And you sent a piece of their invasion force to Moor to boot!  Let their defeat send a message to the other foul raiders - assault against the Free Realms equals death.  Keep us abreast of this Orcish construction. 

With each passing day our foes grow more bold, every battle is critical and needs good heroes.  So, by Sigmar and the Gods, I pray fair fortunes for your company and yourself.

General Rodimutz, Helstrom's 4th
I'm in college!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2007, 10:50:20 AM »
Armies: Empire vs. Chaos (Undivided)
Battle Size:  500
Fluff Objective: Destroy the Chaos rearguard.
Outcome: Massacre... Again.
Cool Moment: The helblaster simply blowing up the chariot and it's rider, the general. Handgunners lost their aim that turn, but I didn't hear them complain  :icon_wink:.