home

Author Topic: Reunification  (Read 14863 times)

Offline Blood axe the Slayer

• Members
Re: Reunification
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 07:14:21 PM »
I agree Wissenlander. I've noticed a rift between forums. Alot of tension and hard feelings. This Nemesis Crown Campaign will be over, I'd hate to see the ill will continue after its gone. These fine forums will be around long after the Nemesis campaign is forgotten,lets not let it ruin things between the Brewery and W-E. Its not worth it,even to win. I'd rather lose and remain friends with the Empire & Bretonnia forums,then to win and be scorned.

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 08:11:46 PM »
The fact you have come over here and said that is a brilliant step for inter-forum relations. And I would be welcoming of your alliance proposal, though if anyone else is, I know not.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

• Members
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »
There are Empire Generals against an alliance here. There are also Dwarf Thanes against an alliance at the Brewery. GW pitted us against each other from the start of this and it avalanched from there.
But when it is all said and done,we can at least say that we tried.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 11:26:55 PM »
Welcome bloodaxe. I hope the generals against an alliance are in the minority, and please do not take my previous reticence as being anti Dwarf / alliance per se. I would be keen to see an alliance back in place and hope it could be organised soon, but I do have some misgivings and will consicer these and respond tomorrow. Also it's bloody late and I'm tired!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 01:43:04 AM »
I'm for reconciliation, but grudgingly. I lost too many good Men to those bastards.

Ego mos memor
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:46:13 AM by Sherminator1 »
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »
GW has made this a lot easier for us now, guys.  Let's put past transgressions aside and work together.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Graf Gaspard de Valois

• Members
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 09:05:01 PM »
Lets get the Crown together no matter who gets it, so long he or she is on our (good) side. When we had the Crown, we could discuss what we doing with it.
We should draw a line and fight unified together against this evil from this moment on.
If the blood we shed in battle between our people have had any sense, than to end this futile fight between the good Races at once. The only one who takes advantage of that, are the bad guys!!! This should not be!!!
Let us draw our sword´s/battleaxe´s together and fight this evil, than we should win and end this futile war, get the dammed Crown and maybe find some new/old friends. :smile2:

Etienne de Valois
Vice Marschall of the Grande Armee von Valois
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 09:29:43 PM by Graf Gaspard de Valois »

• Members
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2007, 09:19:51 PM »
Any friendly ambassadors from the Empire are welcome at the Brewery. Maybe your voices can sway a couple of stubborn Dwarves that are against the alliance. I'd like to crush all the evil factions,so only good armies occupy the top slots. Vampire Counts are the highest evil faction,still 4th over-all.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »
I am not saying I think a full alliance is in order, yet. But I agree to put recent events aside and welcome the Dwarves as an army of conquest not conquer. I am glad to see KF has come to his senses and we will, hopefully, see this vile crown destroyed.

Following this campaign I hope we can once again be close to the Dwarves (and more particularly to Bugmans Brewery).

Lets just get this thing found and destroyed.

• Members
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 02:17:57 AM »
Men of the Empire;

I regret to say Rufas the Eccentric(empire), Sir Rufas(bretonnia), Ironmonger(dwarves),all the same person, has thrown a wrench in any alliance that would include the Bretonnians. It is too late to undo the damage he has done. Hopefully an alliance can still be forged between the Empire and the Dwarves alone(no allies,just us two). I apologize for this,but there is nothing I can do with the end so close. I am still ready to stand beside the brave Men of the Empire,but regretfully we cannot have any agreement with Bretonnia now.

Blood Axe

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 11:47:08 AM »
I don't believe Rufas the Eccentric/Ironmonger is Sir Rufus.  I also don't see why we all still can't work together.  He voiced one opinion and if there is a majority we can still get this across.

not together.

• Members
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 03:35:14 PM »
I apologize to Sir Rufas,Rufus the Eccentric. All this cross-forum spying and twisting of our week#5 orders made me angry.It was deliberate to sabotage any alliance.There will be no chance of alliance with Bretonnia.None.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 03:46:55 PM »
Pleeeassse! This is susposed to be a happy occasion! Lets not, bicker and argue over who sabotaged who...
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 03:48:41 PM »
Pleeeassse! This is susposed to be a happy occasion! Lets not, bicker and argue over who sabotaged who...

You beat me to it!  :happy:
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

• Members
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 03:56:04 PM »
My apologies.
Wissenlander- Can there be an alliance between the Empire & Dwarves alone? Bretonnia not included,we can offer them no guarantees.
Yes or no. We need to know this before it goes further.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »
Well, we will continue to be united with Bretonnia.  We have signed a treaty just as you have with the Asur and Ogres.  I cannot rescend on that when they have done nothing to break the treaty.

However, that doesn't mean we still can't work together.  And I do believe there are some Bretonnians that would like to work with you as well, but I know the time for that may have passed now.  I do hope that this is acceptable.

The Bretonnians were trying to act as a calming force between the Empire and Dawi, now maybe the Empire can be the calming force.

not together.

Offline HawkdosBeastslayer

• Members
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 04:35:10 PM »
I think the dwarves should still include Bretonnia. They have really done nothing wrong... Sir Rufus had a valid point, and alittle more communication on our part would have gone a long way. We should have explained why we did what we did, rather than immeadiatly stopping negotiations. Bretonnia still seems willing to ally, and I think we should too.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 05:51:52 PM »
I know they look to be in favor of an alliance at this point.  Their orders for the week don't have them specifically targeting the Brets either.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:45:55 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2007, 07:33:19 PM »
Welcome over to this side of the fence Blood Axe!  Drinks all around on Lord Firmshaft's tab of course. (Quickly ducks Blood Axe's throwing axe as he is a "Put it on Daft's Tab" Dwarf.)

As the proud owner of Imperial and Dwarven armies, I have been deeply distressed over the entire plotline of this campaign.  The deal we got stuck with made the conflict unavoidable.  But it surprised me that so many people on both sides jumped on to the jingoistic bandwagon.  Lots of nasty words were hurled back and forth, and battles were fought without the foam swords and rubber tipped arrows that normally are used in our training exercises.  It is time to put our bitterness aside. 

However, there are a couple of practical matters to attend to.  How do we report it if we unavoidably end up in a Dwarven/Imperial battle?  So far I have avoided this, but it's bound to happen.

Also, we both have alliances, the principle ones being the Imperial/Bretonnian alliance and the Dwarven Ogre Alliance.   I would like to see that both of these trusty allies be given some recognition for their loyalty.

I would like some small recognition from the Dwarves that they did violate our sovereignty.  Nothing of importance.  I would think that the secret to the animated Beer Drinking/Cheers smiley would be and adequate token.

As Biff says: "Can't we all just get along!"

Remember, at the celebrations for the peace treaty "Put it on Firmshaft's Tab"

Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 12:40:21 AM »
Unbelievable......simply stunning......

As Overlord of the Greenskin invasion of the Talabec Borders, I find this love-session repugnant and disgusting.  How can the proud warriors of Helstrom's 4th, who have slogged forward in the face of so many opponents, lay prostrate to another race, who are an invading force?  They have set marched into your territory, foraged in your lands, built strongholds where they deemed it convenient and set off to stop you from recovering the shiney hat at every turn!  Let's face it: they have almost dominated this campaign, and we all have taken a beating from them....

Simply stunning....amazing!  Methinks we need a Churchill to lead every now and then:

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

THAT my friends, is the stuff of legends, no matter what era.

BRING IT ON!

Warlord Goomb
Overlord - Talabec Borders
Still slogging forward, even in the muck and mire at the bottom of this campaign

• Members
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2007, 05:44:37 AM »
Goomb- my condolences for your impending doom.
R.I.P. Grimgor

My enemies enemy is my friend. :icon_lol:

Remember,we may have differences with other factions, but we HATE Greenskins!!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2007, 11:51:37 AM »
Well, the Dwarfs have agreed and from what I see here a good majority think that it would be wise to unite (dispite past offenses, I know there's some issue here).  If anyone truely doesn't want this then let me know, otherwise we are now alligned with the Dwarfs as well.

not together.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »
Well, as much as I respect Goombs view (although he is an orc...) I reluctantely (and I actually mean it) say we go ahead with the alliance
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »
So, as we get to the close of the campaign and the sun is setting over the Empire things are getting back to how they should be, we are back on speaking terms with the Asur and Dawi, we have forged strong alliances with the Bretoni, we hate the greenskins, chaos are bobbins and the ogres stink.

All we need to do now is get rid of this crown!

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »
Hear, hear Veldemere.

Maybe, just maybe, we have done enough to ensure the next campaign is not another invasion of the Empire.

Maybe Thorgrim will let us take over those nice fortifications the Dwarfs built.  :-D
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...