home

Author Topic: Orc Migration (fluff cooperation)  (Read 4984 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Orc Migration (fluff cooperation)
« on: June 05, 2007, 04:15:24 PM »
Da Warpath fellas are thinking up some stuff for the campaign and one of their main points is an orc migration.  I need your guys' support before I'll proceed however.

This comes after the SoC, the Tomb Kings pushing many orcs out of the Badlands northward and into the Empire.  The orcs hear rumors of Grimgor heading to the Great Forest and move to that area.  This isn't organized on the orcs part (meaning it's not a Waaaagh!).  It's just many independt tribes moving to meet with Grimgor.

I talked with one of the lead greenskins and after some thought we've come up with a decent set up:

The orcs will be moving through many different mountain passes but especially Brenheim and Teeth Passes in Wissenland.  Black Fire pass is too well guarded for a breakthrough, so we ruled that out.  Those two passes link in southern Wissenland at Kreutzhofen castle.  The Sol river begins here.  The orcs aren't really into fighting a whole whole lot.  They'll sack the weak settlement here and there, but they're main effort will be to get to the Forest.

They'll avoid any big settlements and it will be the job of the Wissenland army to redirect and slow the greenies as much as possible.  I don't want to make this Wissenland/Solland exclusive, so we could have some help from Averland, Nuln and Reikland in their perspective regions.

Any generals who would like to volunteer for this would be most welcome, meaning any body who wants their generals name mentioned.  This would be pre campaign fluff really, so wouldn't interfere with your general being in the Great Forest later on during the campagin.

The thing about this is that there are going to be a lot of orcs in the Empire anyway, so we can support da Warpath on this and they'll help us out in some fluff areas.  This migration should be a 'cake walk' for our forces considering the one track mind the orcs will have in getting to the woods.

I'll probably do some writing on this, so if anyone wants to help let me know.  Also anyone who wants their generals mentioned let me know as well.

But the main thing here is that it's supported.  I can't/won't go through this effort if it's not supported.

Oh yes, a link can be found here of the discussion I've had with Arfa the greenie rep: http://www.warvault.net/nemesis/viewtopic.php?t=66
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Re: Orc Migration (fluff cooperation)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 05:12:13 PM »
Wissenlander, great work! I'm really happy that this pre-campaign fluff between Orcs and Empire is being sorted out.

My general is from Talabheim, and so probably won't be around to help you guys out unfortunately.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 05:45:56 PM »
I'd love to have my General mentioned!

May I decide by tomorrow if I would like to write some of this fluff?  I'm a little ascared that I won't write anything but rubbish...  :icon_rolleyes:
I'm in college!

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »
Now I see what you were talking about...

So, my general hails from the best province (for the slower folk its Averland). Recently being promoted to Lector of Sigmar and was granted his own popemobile (I write this in my army list BTW, anyone else do that?) His name is Arthur Frankford (uh, I dunno...)

He's Averland's official Orrator of War (or at least he is now), and although I now don't have any more orc opponents, I have a burning passion for ruthlessing (mercilessly, vicousely, etc...) hunting down the greenskin menace

I am not a half-bad writer, although I don't actively do it. I wouldn't mind submitting some stuff if given the opportunety though...

Out of like 6 games with my new general, he hasn't died yet  :laugh: Hasn't even lost the Altar  :lol: He's even taking around 3 wounds (healed em), which is pretty cool to
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 05:52:53 PM »
Figure out if you want to write or not.  If this meets with more approval (which it should) then write a short batrep maybe, something like a report to a general.  That way I can compile stuff and write it from the perspective of the general himself.  Something like that.

This way I can use your works and it cuts down on my work load as well. :happy:

not together.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 06:01:11 PM »
Figure out if you want to write or not.  If this meets with more approval (which it should) then write a short batrep maybe, something like a report to a general.  That way I can compile stuff and write it from the perspective of the general himself.  Something like that.

This way I can use your works and it cuts down on my work load as well. :happy:
Freaking sweet (Im the freaking pope! *couldn't resist)

Alright, I'll write some fun stuff up. If you guys like it, w00t, if not, woop di do

What kind of length are we talking here? Im assuming a full on novel is out, want it a page or 2 long with a loose ending sort of deal? I like this kind of stuff

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 06:24:15 PM »
You could write a short narrative, no more than a couple of pages though.  At the same time you could write a report like:

Herr Marshal,

My patrol spotted a roving band of orcs along the river heading towards the ruins of Bugman's Brewery.  Not having the strength to make a stand, we sent word to some huntsmen of the small hamlet of Wendersten to set an ambush while we proceeded to a rally point one league further down the river.  There we encountered another band and dispatched them quickly.  Our casualties have been light thus far.

I've never seen so many of them, sir.  They do not seem to be organized and they wander aimlessly.  They stick to the river mostly and shout something of 'Grimgor' and what sounds like 'forest.'  It is hard to make out.

My troop soon leaves for Wusterburg.  We move with all haste to redirect any beasts from the town.

Regards,
Captain Gunther Gunther
14th Wissenland

Kind of rough, but you get the idea.  I can throw a bunch of stuff like that in for some flavor and a broader perspective.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 06:25:19 PM »
*Note to self, write good like Wissenlander.
I'm in college!

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »
My general's a Knight of the White Wolf from Ostermark, so is unlikely to be around.

I think this is a brilliant idea:
1. It gives Orc players who don't have Black Orcs a reason to be in the Forest,
2. It adds an extra dimension. Armies don't just magically appear, as GW seem to think, in the Great Forst, in this case, they've marched through Wissenland.

Maybe we should try and organise something along these lines with other forms? About how their particular army appears in the Great Forets.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 07:01:56 PM »
It's definitely a good idea.  The orcs are talking with the Dwarfs right now about cooperating with them and the Chaos Dwarfs.  They need to break through Peak Pass to get into the Empire and will need support from the Dwarfs or else it won't make sense (it'll happen anyway, just won't make sense).

I'll see if anything pops up where we can coordinate like this.

Link to all of the fluff discussions here:http://www.warvault.net/nemesis/index.php

not together.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 10:13:13 PM »
Little something I was playing around with, tell me what you think: (someones got to walk the plank first...)
    Tis funny how things turn out. It seemed only yesterday I was on my grandfathers lap, listening to tales of his service in the Averkorps. Each time that Orc got bigger...
    Now was not the time for reminiscing. My scouts have been reporting minor Orc incursions in the area. They bare the markings of the beginnings of a much larger Orc Waagh, the likes of which Averland hasn't seen in over thirty years.
   Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a small group heading towards me. They carried with them a frail man, obviously wounded. By the attire I recognized him as one of our elvish scouts, though his cloak was drenched in blood. It was a troubling sight, but not the morbid sight before me. No, I have seen worse... Far worse. What disturbed me was in all my years of service, noone before has ever gotten the best of our fey brethren.
    After being briefed by my officers on the situation, the Elf was brought before me. His name was Aeirthian Phaline, resident of the fine town of Grenzstadt. Funny, I don't remember there being an Elven district when I was growing up...
   The Elf started to speak, "Fair Arthur, Lector of Sigmar. I fear I am the only one to make it out of that damned forest. My party was scouting due Southwest of here, following your orders. We had been stalking a goblin warband for a few days, and ..." He paused.
   Slowly he looked around, then down. After Aeirthian seemed to regain himself, he continued, "Judging by the lack of response, I am to assume my brethren we sent back did not make it. We were trying to find an opportunity to free a band of Huntsmen they had captured days before, fearing the same fate upon ourselves. On the third night, no more than a swallows flight from the goblin encampment, we waited."
   "How the wolf's snuck up on us is beyond me. As I was peering off towards the encampment, I heard a light shuffle. I turned, expecting to see a fellow elf, for the movement was as slight as the wind. The instant my eyes met with that of the beast, it was too late." The Elf trailed off.
   A few Acolytes rushed forward to tend to the Elf, but there was nothing they could do. Everyone turned to me; action must be taken. I grabbed my mace, saddled my horse and said a small prayer to Sigmar.
   "Captain, you are in charge until I return. I am going hunting"
Kind of went a different way with that one, hope you guys liked it. This could be portrayed by the greenskins rather easily I think (Although if they try and kill my general I'll be pissed!)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 11:40:36 PM by Wyzer1 »

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 12:43:01 AM »
the thing is though, and afra and i have gone blue in the face at each other on this one...

The tomb kings are going by sea, so that rules out a push from the south.

It would take far too long for the orcs to actually make it to the forest, and not in big enough numbers for it to really count. Arfa seems to forget that the border princes are pretty well dotted with fortress holds that have nearly more experience fighting orc than Averlanders do.

He also thought his general could make it from troll country to the chaos dwarf stronghold near the mountains of mourn and back to the forest in a span of two years or what ever the time frame is compared to when SoC finished. its traditionally 2 years totally unhindered for a caravan to get from karaz-karak to the mountains of mourn.

I really like the idea of interforum background, and i support supporting, but i'd like to support the fact that there are plenty of orc already in the empire and we don't need anymore from anywhere else.

that said when the campaign gets underway, I'll write a few battle reports against the orcs as Arfa is my regularish opponent.
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 11:54:09 AM »
Well, at this point then...any army can participate in the migration.  Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

not together.

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 03:49:21 PM »
I don't see why it does.  The Tomb Kings beat the OnGs black and blue in the SoC sub-campaign. A lot of tribes would see it as a really bad idea to try and hang around in the Badlands for another helping of that!
They started Da Migrashun then (at the end of SoC).

The fact that a Tomb King fleet has gone by sea to the Empire makes no odds to them - they were already on their way north by land, long before the fleet set off!

The Border Princes may well be dotted with strong forts and walled city-states, but there is also vast tracks of  wilderness there - much more than in the Empire (which, as you say, is riddled with greenskin tribes!). There is no reason for the 'Princes to try and stop the migrating greenies if they aren't attcking them. They just hole-up in their cities and watch us roll by!

We are probably scaling-back the migration story to just represent the gathering of Orcs and Goblins to the area of the campaign map, but I see no reason why those who fought the forlorn-hope of the SoC sub-campaign should be prevented from writing a ripping tale of a great trek north, just because there are already Orcs there!

:-D
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »
I think I'll continue to write my Wissenland POV story about the migration.  I've contacted Micheal W, our head fluffer, on a grander picture write up.  I don't see why we can't do both.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 03:59:21 PM »
I think I'll continue to write my Wissenland POV story about the migration.  I've contacted Micheal W, our head fluffer, on a grander picture write up.  I don't see why we can't do both.

Must.......resist.............urge............to.......make...............so many...............jokes...........
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »
Jeez, sorry.  Head Scribe...

not together.

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »

I don't see why it does.  The Tomb Kings beat the OnGs black and blue in the SoC sub-campaign. A lot of tribes would see it as a really bad idea to try and hang around in the Badlands for another helping of that!
They started Da Migrashun then (at the end of SoC).

actually, forgetting the chief mind set of the orcs which is "never run away, and if you do its only so you can grab some bigger mates to jump all over them next time"

Human logic is saying what you are, orc logic contridicts that entirely.

The tomb kings leave from the port of Zandri, which in reference to the badlands rules out any interference between either opposing forces.

I like the thought of a massive greenskin offensive purely in the border princes, 

The princes do not just hole up and watch you roll by... as you roll by you destroy the only thing that allows them to scratch a living out of the barren scrub land. They march out and protect their crops and the surrounding peasants.

The border princes have armies that rival our very own when it comes to breaking greenskulls!

anyways, see ya over at the warvault!  :icon_wink:
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 09:48:19 AM »
General Maximillion Scholl with his Chaos Hunter Army will be glad to give the orcs a good  battle or two. When do you want the fluff by?

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »
My General Seigfried von Heftigkeit IV of the Altdorf River Guard just happened to be visiting his family in Nuln at the time he heard a rumour of an orc invasion :closed-eyes:

So count him and his forces in  :Ohmy: if u want to :P

I'll make a fluff soon ^_^

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 12:19:42 PM »
As soon as you can get it in the better.  Something always seems to pop up that needs some attention, so I wouldn't mind just getting this out of the way and say it's done.

And as far as the migration is concerned, they're are orcs everywhere as you said so some trouncing through Wissenland isn't a crazy thought.  They've just come out of the mountains and heading towards the forest.

not together.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
I have no orc opponents I'm afraid, but would love to kick their asses out of Solland (or Wissenland as some misguided people call it!).
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 01:00:57 PM »
The cool thing about this phase of the game is that you don't need any opponents!  I knew you'd heed the call Veldemere.

not together.

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »
ok .. i was bored ... and managed to finish my fluff already ... i know i know..

Here goes.

(Letter one)

Herr Ortolf,

I hear you are the man to talk to regarding the safety of the southern provinces of Wissenland and Averland.

While on a visit to my home city of Nuln, I heard a very disturbing story from a lumberjack by the name of Grehek from the border town of Serrig.
He retold a tale of a day he was searching the woods for a groove of superior trees he heard of. Only after a few hours of searching,
 did he stumble across the butchered body of a goblin! His mind worked quickly and before he knew it he had the goblin's severed head in hand
and was rushing back to his town. Before he made it back he heard shouting and went to investigate .. what he saw sent a chill to his bones
.. a large orc encampment full of human slaves. As he feared the worst, that his town had already been sacked, he ran the other way
.. eventually reaching Nuln.

Obviously, i was dubious about the mans story ... until he reached into his bag and revealed the severed head of the goblin.

I shall be taking a company of my River Guard and Knights down to Serrig to investigate the area.
I'll keep you informed of any further developments.

Seigfried Von Heftigkeit IV
Grand Master of the Altdorf Brotherhood of the Order of Gold Lion
Commander of the Altdorf River Guard

(letter two)

Herr Ortolf,

It seems the situation maybe more dire than we first expected. On my stays at Meissen and Rohrhot,
My men and I have heard of greatly increased incidents with the greenskin scourage.

It also worries me why I have heard no news of the Wusterburg battlelion has not yet acted.
I shall soon find out as I arrive at Wusterburg tomorrow.

(letter three) :P yes there is going to be another...

Herr Ortolf,

I have just arrived in Wusterburg. It seems that there is indeed an invasion of greenskin scourage!
Part of the Wusterburg battlelion took large casualties from an ambush in the woods.
I am sending for reinforcements of my men in Nuln to meet me in Wusterburg.
Before then, I leave at once for Serrig. I just pray to Sigmar that we will not be to late.

(Letter four) Last but certainly not least ..

Herr Ortolf,

I am sending this letter as a call for aid.

Upon reaching Serrig by river, we arrived in time only to see the last tragic moments of the township.
My men and I fuelled with a rage of sadness, we charged into the village and slaughtered every last one
of the Accursed greenskins. After we began the search for survivors, one of my keen eyed sergeants,
spotted a massive column of orcs and goblins headed toward us. We regretfully had to make a haste retreat
back to our ships with the few survivors we had found.

Needless to say, we barely made it out of there. We are currently stationed at Wusterburg, and we have
begun to fortify the area and preparing boats for the civilian escape.

I don't know how long this place will standing before the green tide overruns it. We look forward to your arrival.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 04:39:03 PM »
Good stuff, keep it coming guys.  We can make a defensive fight from Kreutzhofen back to Wusterburg and on up.  Also if anyone wants to have their own 'independent' campaign feel free to.  You can coordinate with someone else and have correspondence.  My general can recieve the news as he's the coordinator for movements in the area.

This could be interesting because multiple people would be asking for aid and trying to coordinate.  It can get confusing, but let me worry about that.  It would be my job to sort out where to send troops anyway.

not together.