home

Author Topic: They Say it Cannot be Done...  (Read 1816 times)

Offline cazaril

• Members
They Say it Cannot be Done...
« on: January 25, 2005, 08:54:51 PM »
This will probably be my last attempt at making an all infantry empire list... due to lack of performance on the table top i thought i would try just once more...

please help me make this list work as it is pretty much the only way i want to use the army otherwise it may be back to 40k...

ok here it goes... its 2000pts.

count
sword of power
enchanted shield
full plate
holy relic

warrior priest of sigmar
hvy armour shield
rod of command

captain
bsb
AoMI
sword of might

25 spearmen
musc (bsb goes here)
12 free co detachment

25 swordsmen
griffon banner
st, musc
detachment of 12 free co
count goes here

25 swordsmen
st, musc
priest goes here

16 greatswords
banner of valour
st, musc
8 free co

14 flagellents

helblaster

cannon

mortar

is this a good list for what i want? or should it include more shooting?

Offline Spurious

• Members
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 09:09:25 PM »
Personally, I'd replace the 2nd block of swordsmen, the one without detachments, with as many handgunners as you can get for the points.

The supporting fire is very usefull, and can help guard artillery and protect flanks by gunning down light cavelry types and small units of elite troops.
"Have a plan. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work."

tinboy

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 09:36:23 PM »
If you want a pure invantry list with nothing mounted, you're leaving out serveral usefull support units that will greatly help your list. If that's what you want, you will need march blockers(huntsmen) and more detachments. March blockers to make it harder for your opponent to set up charges. More detachments to set up your own charges and also preventing him from setting up charges as well.

You don't have a scroll caddy or wizard hunters(pegasus captain, pistoliers or even huntsmen). Any army with 2 or more wizards will hurt you.

Its a slow moving army. You will need something to march blok, to restrict your opponents movement, same as above(great multie funtion units).

You have 3 big blocks of invantry and 2 tarpit units. Remove 1 tarpit unit and use the points to give the other units 2 detachments each. Reduce the units to 24 and detachments to 10 models, thats big enough and saves you a couple of points.

A bit more shooting will be helpfull. 5 handgunners or some archer detachments add a bit of shooting and can be used as shooting shield.

Might want to add another cannon or mortar.

If you're short on points drop the sword of power and enchanted shield from the count. Replace them with a normal shield and greatweapon. If you want to go defencive use hand weapon/shield, want to do wounds use greatweapon.

An all invantry list is going to be very hard to play. Those small support units of knights, pistoliers and captasus make a big diverence. Allot of people seem to like the horde style list. Even that list has some mounted support units.

Offline Reddawn

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 09:43:26 PM »
I am not sure thet the captian bsb is allowed to have the sword, only armour
War aint 2 die for your country, but make your enemy die for his.

Offline Frostblade99

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 09:47:28 PM »
The captain is allowed his magical weapon, but only if he doesn't take a magical standard.
Do trolls have rocks?-- His Grace Sir Samuel Vimes

The Hammer and Anvil

Offline Jester

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 09:51:25 PM »
If you're going all infantry...
some thoughts:

1) no calvery. This means you're going to have to FORCE him to come to you. Do you feel the shooting you have in your list currently forces him to do that? I'd think Cannon Cannon Morter Morter Helblaster, or Cannon Cannon Morter Helbaster may be better for that. Handgunners? Something you should consider X-bowmen are fine

2) if he's comming to you, can you slow his advance? Huntsmen are required

3) can you hold your flanks? tar pit units do that. but the problem with them on a whole is that they require that calvery charge to win the combat. Flagalettes will just get worn down. Put in Ogers w/ greatweapons, or Gol' ogers (22 attacks on the charge) to really maximise the ability of your greatswords to hold one flank, and just put the helblaster on the other.

4) No magic?! No magic lists need to have 1 of two things, a way for magic to be picked out (put in 2-3 units of handgunners with LR, engineer w/ LR x2 and now you're talking) or a way to limit magic (usually all calvery, so quick magic doens't get a shot to do much) With an INFANTRY list thats going to walk up the field, or stand back and shoot, well you're going to need magic or a world of rifles.

5) if your planning on advancing with this infantry Ogres are still a must, and you need to add in more detachments.