home

Author Topic: The Robohorse  (Read 6209 times)

Offline minnh

• Members
The Robohorse
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:48:40 PM »
...I'm not sure how many people are going to be peeved that I'm bringing this particular model up, being new and having only read the General Tactics, which seemed to be rather against this model in particular. But, due to an inside joke, I want the horse part of the model. I'm wondering if anyone's saw it up close and know how the pieces align. Is the horse its own separate piece from the engineer? I want to replace the engineer with a Captain with normal mount legs, but am wondering how difficult it'd be.
"Nothing says "I'm not afraid of you Mr Chaos Warrior" like a handgun at 24 inches." -Freman Bloodglaive

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
Re: The Robohorse
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 11:53:49 PM »
pooh model. Pooh rules. pooh idea. pooh pooh pooh
Quote from: Dendo Star link
"When you play Empire, you must understand that every army is either tougher, scarier, better, stronger, faster, or inherently more powerful than you are.

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »
You're relatively new here, but for some crimes that is no excuse:

::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
 ::heretic:: Minnh  ::heretic::

::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
 ::heretic:: Robohorse  ::heretic::

Any other questions?
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:02:51 AM »
Can i join the inquistion? my last post to do just that got deleted by heretics =(
"When you play Empire, you must understand that every army is either tougher, scarier, better, stronger, faster, or inherently more powerful than you are.

Offline RGB

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 12:06:14 AM »
If you're making a Robohorse model better make the Captain a Robocop.
[in the good of life]

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 12:07:18 AM »
Empire Cybermen FTW  :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

::heretic:: Cybernetics ::heretic::
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:11:53 AM by HighPriest Rian »

Offline minnh

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 12:07:59 AM »
If you're making a Robohorse model better make the Captain a Robocop.

The Captain does have a very canny resemblance to Robocop, yes... That's why I asked in the first place.
"Nothing says "I'm not afraid of you Mr Chaos Warrior" like a handgun at 24 inches." -Freman Bloodglaive

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 12:10:26 AM »
Empire Cybermen FTW  :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

::heretic: :Cybernetics ::heretic::

Rian:  You need to to complete Heretic Burning 101 before you will be admitted. 
The problem is with the colon :

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 12:12:15 AM »
Bingo! For Sigmar!  :ph34r:

Offline Badwolf

• Members
  • 10mm KoW
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 12:18:49 AM »
The engineers legs are integral with the horse so you're looking at a lot of filing and rebuilding with GS.

I agree whole heartedly with HP Rian by the way. I'm very tempted to sig that post. :icon_biggrin:

pooh model. Pooh rules. pooh idea. pooh pooh pooh

Offline HighPriest Rian

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »
I'm concerned for you Minnh. Your showing a tendency to mechanical monstrosities... Robohorse, Engineers, Steam tanks. I think you should come to the temple, visit me in the house of sigmar, and we can.. umm.. talk about this.. perhaps we can help you find your way..-purify- these urges  ::heretic::

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 12:42:18 AM »
It's crap.  Move on.
I'm in college!

Offline Slow Painter

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 12:56:21 AM »
I kind of like the robohorse. Kind of a steam punk thing - I wish they were cheaper; I'd build a whole army of knights on robohorses.
Dude, relax, it is a game with little plastic men.

Offline Amulus

• Members
  • SUE- Small Unit Empire
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 01:10:43 AM »
I kind of like the robohorse. Kind of a steam punk thing - I wish they were cheaper; I'd build a whole army of knights on robohorses.

GRAWR!! STEAM PUNK!! i just died a little inside..... next thing we will have anxious teenagers with bad hair cuts running around on a totally linear story line.....
"God fights on the side with the best artillery" -Napolean

The best armor is staying out of gun-shot. -Italian Proverb

"Alea Iacta Est" (The Die is Cast) - Julius Caesar

Offline minnh

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 01:31:49 AM »
I'm concerned for you Minnh. Your showing a tendency to mechanical monstrosities... Robohorse, Engineers, Steam tanks. I think you should come to the temple, visit me in the house of sigmar, and we can.. umm.. talk about this.. perhaps we can help you find your way..-purify- these urges  ::heretic::

...Um... The other three Hero choices of my list are all Warrior Priests? ...Somebody help?

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46:09 AM »

we do all realize he's making a CAPTAIN out of it. It's not a truely bad model (hail sigmar! please don't burn me).

I'm thinkin I should buy an engineer just to see what the fuss is all about.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 02:26:07 AM »

::heretic:: Slow     ::heretic::
 ::heretic:: Painter  ::heretic::
As with Minnh, being new is not a defense to Blasphemy!

Rian, go look for your own heretic.  Minnh and Slow Painter are already burned and I get credit for their miserable  souls at the next marshmallow distribution.  If you run fast, you may just catch Ben Seib.

Offline minnh

• Members
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 02:32:40 AM »
*sigh* At least I like fire... And at least there won't be a corpse for any random guy with dark magic to reanimate.

Also, badwolf, thanks for answering my question. :)

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
hmm

I don't run. I ride my mechanical horse which gives me D3 impact hits. Let me see you deal with THAT! :eusa_clap:
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline minnh

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 06:20:56 PM »
hmm

I don't run. I ride my mechanical horse which gives me D3 impact hits. Let me see you deal with THAT! :eusa_clap:

Your S4 mechanical horse. :D

Offline Thrawn

• Members
  • Biala Podlaska, Lubelskie, Poland
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 07:11:02 PM »
hmm

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms!!!

And now young Skywalker...you will die  ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings

Question? Feel free to ask:  http://www.graham-mcneill.com/contact.php

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 07:22:01 PM »

was I just called a jedi? Sweet!

Offline Thrawn

• Members
  • Biala Podlaska, Lubelskie, Poland
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
No way.  :icon_cool:
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings

Question? Feel free to ask:  http://www.graham-mcneill.com/contact.php

Offline thatdave

• Members
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 07:34:22 PM »
The engineers legs are integral with the horse so you're looking at a lot of filing and rebuilding with GS.

The legs could work as a captains legs - take a look at the online pic and see what you think.  They are from the waist down, so if you wanted to glue/pin a Captain's upper body on there it would be an easy conversion to do.

Linkage:  http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=305834&orignav=300943&ParentID=258892&GameNav=13

The leg on the other side (his right leg) is mechanical, FYI.

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »
The only reason to get an Engineer on a robohorse would be to convert it into an Arnold Schwarzenegger model on a motor bike...
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1