home

Author Topic: Hegel's Altdorf Army - Finished my general on his griffon from the north!  (Read 15671 times)

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
Re: Hegel's Altdorf Army - WIP on OSL mage
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2020, 07:59:39 PM »
Thanks guys. I've been off doing a Transformers diorama, but now I can go back to finishing this army. I like to keep experimenting with my painting skills and try to get better with each model.

As for the OSL. I found a youtube vid by Squidmar to be very helpful. But there are multiple to be found online.

Edit: Hehe and I just reread your post asking me not to give a youtube source. Sorry, but that was my best information source.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:18:30 PM by Georg Hegel »

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
Re: Hegel's Altdorf Army - WIP on OSL mage
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2020, 07:13:45 PM »

Finished my general on his griffon from the north.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:16:56 PM by Georg Hegel »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Wow,, I'd have never guessed such a color scheme would look so good, congrats! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
That is beautiful. The colours really work and the feather work is awesome!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
So cool. :eusa_clap: Congratulations on a beautiful model.

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! It took me a lot of hours, but it was worth it!  :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:49:52 AM by Georg Hegel »

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
The figure looks really well! The colors are very well choosen and vibrant.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Can I ask what sort of Transformers diorama?
I found some of my old ones in the shed the other day

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
The figure looks really well! The colors are very well choosen and vibrant.

Thanks pal!

Can I ask what sort of Transformers diorama?
I found some of my old ones in the shed the other day

I will post a picture of my Transformers diorama soon. First I have to upload it to Imgur :)

Edit: nevermind couldn't wait:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:51:57 PM by Georg Hegel »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
I had most of the original versions of those ones. Ah the memories :eusa_clap:

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
I had most of the original versions of those ones. Ah the memories :eusa_clap:

They were great toys indeed :) awesome time it was.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
I still have half of Tracks, most of Wheeljack, 3/4 of Jazz and most of Sideswipe. They are beyond repair and worthless to anyone but me. I'm hanging onto them because my recently deceased Grandmother bought them for me back in the day.

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
I still have half of Tracks, most of Wheeljack, 3/4 of Jazz and most of Sideswipe. They are beyond repair and worthless to anyone but me. I'm hanging onto them because my recently deceased Grandmother bought them for me back in the day.

As well you should. I still have a lot of my G1 Transformers as well. Some are in a bad shape and most of them have battle scars :D I bought reissues and now masterpieces. It is a way of holding on to my youth. Warhammer is another way.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
When I was working with disabled people from 2007-09, I went with a group of them to see the first and second Michal Bay movies [I wound up having to see the '07 movie SEVEN times and the '09 movie NINE times]. I remember a couple of the guys in the group could give you chapter and verse on the Transformers franchise. Having discussions about them was by far the best thing about the whole ordeal.

I used to horde all sorts of toys [on the assumption I could resell them for a profit] but now I pretty much stick with model kits.

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
When I was working with disabled people from 2007-09, I went with a group of them to see the first and second Michal Bay movies [I wound up having to see the '07 movie SEVEN times and the '09 movie NINE times]. I remember a couple of the guys in the group could give you chapter and verse on the Transformers franchise. Having discussions about them was by far the best thing about the whole ordeal.

I used to horde all sorts of toys [on the assumption I could resell them for a profit] but now I pretty much stick with model kits.

That sounds like a really nice memory. Although watching those movies seven and nine times seems like quite tiresome haha.

Yeah, I don't think there is quite a market in second hand toys. I just buy them because I love looking at them and to sometimes fiddle with them.

What kind of model kits do you collect?

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
^
At the moment; there isn't a fantasy or 40k army I DONT have atleast one model of.
I'm mostly sticking to 1:35th armour at the moment as the independent games shop in my town is currently closed.
Oddly; there is a plumbing supply shop in the one-horse town my dad lives in that is now turning a profit by also selling models. That shops where i'm getting most of my kits from now.

Offline Georg Hegel

• Members
^
At the moment; there isn't a fantasy or 40k army I DONT have atleast one model of.
I'm mostly sticking to 1:35th armour at the moment as the independent games shop in my town is currently closed.
Oddly; there is a plumbing supply shop in the one-horse town my dad lives in that is now turning a profit by also selling models. That shops where i'm getting most of my kits from now.

Hehe I like that saying 'one horse town'. I'm mostly Empire at the moment. And after this I think I'm going into Warhammer diorama's, so I don't have to collect an entire army again, and I can choose all the models I like.