home

Author Topic: 2k army list vs WoC  (Read 1113 times)

Offline mikeguy101

• Members
2k army list vs WoC
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:00:53 PM »
Hi guys first time poster. I recently got into warhammer fantasy and I am in need of some help with my list and tactics for a game I have against a warriors of chaos list. The game is 2k points and is part of a campaign that my local group is running. That being said here is my tentative list.

Arch lector: Heavy armor and shield, mounted on War Altar of Sigmar w/ horn of sigismund (268 pts)

Battle Wizard Lord: lvl 4 Lore of Light (200 pts)

Battle Wizard: lvl 2, lore of light,  w/ dispel scroll (125 pts)

Battle Wizard: lvl 1, lore of light (65 pts)

Captain of the Empire: w/ full plate, shield, crown of command, BSB (128 pts)

Halberdiers: 43x w/ champion, musicion, standard bearer (288 pts)

Knightly Orders: 5x knights w/ lance & shield, Musician (120 pts)

Knightly Orders: 5x knights w/ lance & shield, Musician (120 pts)

Demigryph Knights: 3x knights w/ lances, Musician, standard bearer (194 pts)

Great Cannon: (120 pts)

Hellblaster Volley Gun: (120 pts)

Steam Tank: (250 pts)

Total = 1998 pts

My plan is to have the steam tank and block of halberdiers anchor the front line with the wizards and cannons behind. The cannons and wizards casting banishment will hopefully soften up any unit before it gets too close. The knights are there to flank or engage smaller units as needed. The halberdeir block will have the general to grant stubborn with crown of command and hold the line. It will also be buffed by the Arch lector on the war altar.

A few questions I had:

- I see most tournament empire lists run wizards with lore of light? I'm assuming this is to buff of banishment which you get with war altar? With 3 light wizards banishment would be strength 7 for the altar and strength 6 for the other wizards.

- Is it better to run a hellblaster or just do a second great cannon?

- Do you like to have your wizards by themselves or is it worth it to put them in the halberdier blob?

- How do demigryph knights do against WoC? I know WoC are know for their CC but I've never faced them before.

Sorry for the wall of text but could definetly use some help since this will be my first fantasy game. If you recommend swapping out any units I don't mind picking up any models I don't currently have.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: 2k army list vs WoC
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 07:51:56 PM »
On a side note: I probably should have mentioned that you can ask the moderators by PM to move a thread (with all the replies) to another sub-forum.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:56:08 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)