home

Author Topic: [?] Carroburg  (Read 6579 times)

Offline KiTe

• Members
  • A(II)Rh+
[?] Carroburg
« on: January 01, 2009, 07:40:26 PM »
Friends,
I would like to ask you which state does Carroburg belong to: Reikland or Middenland?

I ask this because in Sigmar's Heirs book it is mentioned in Middenland province section and in Empire armybook on page 93 it is stated: Reikland (inc. Carroburg).
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
© Sir Winston Churchill after the victory at the Second Battle of El Alamein.

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
Re: [?] Carroburg
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »
Carroburg is in Reikland.

The carrobug Greatswords wear red as oposed to white because their white reikland uniforms got covered in blood so they made a new tradition of wearing blood red uniforms.
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline KiTe

• Members
  • A(II)Rh+
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »
Carroburg is in Reikland.
Carroburg is to the west of Reikland border (armybook, page 8)

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »
Im just telling you that the carroburg greatswords had white reikland uniforms so thus indicating that carroburg is in Reikland.
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »
Take a look in the Library, Carrburg is in Middenland, and the Carrburg Greatswords come from a war between rivals in Middeland, where one side was defending Carrburd, supported by Riklanders http://www.warhammer-empire.com/library/guide/middenland.php.

Cheers

Dunrik
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline KiTe

• Members
  • A(II)Rh+
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »
Take a look in the Library, Carrburg is in Middenland, and the Carrburg Greatswords come from a war between rivals in Middeland, where one side was defending Carrburd, supported by Riklanders http://www.warhammer-empire.com/library/guide/middenland.php.

Cheers

Dunrik

Thank you, Dunrik.

And now explain me, please, why in armybook it is written: Reikland (inc. Carroburg).
I ask because my good friend is choosing the province from which his empire army would be
and today we were talking about Carroburg.
  :smile2:

Offline kilian

• Members
  • Hoorah!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 09:43:09 PM »
If they were a unit that fought at that battle on the side of reikland, they might have moved to reikland and are possibly no longer in carroburg? Or maybe they fight for both reikland and middenland? :unsure:

...wow. this IS confusing.
"We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."

"Any problem can be solved by the application of high explosives."

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 10:41:22 PM »
Whichever you feel like, because GW fluff changes every publication.

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
  • For the Emperor, the Empire & Sigmar
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 11:28:59 PM »
Carroburg did belong to Middenland but when 2 cousins (can't remember names) were fighting each other to see who would be the ruler of Middenland one of them had control of the capital of Middenland at the time and he also had the ruling Emperors favor, which means a contingent of riekland greatswords was sent to help the garrison hold out when Carroburg came under siege until a relief force was sent from Riekland.
After the siege was defeated the remaining men of the Riekland greatswords was covered from head to foot in the enamies blood that they decided to change their uniform colour from white to red in honour to those that they lost, since then they have continued to guard carroburg since the capital moved to Middenhiem.
Long live the Crown of Solland

Offline Folken

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 04:29:24 AM »
At least that is the official reason, it is like why matadors have red capes. It takes less worked to get a bloodstained cloak red again instead of white again.

Offline KiTe

• Members
  • A(II)Rh+
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »
Thank you for your answers.  :happy:

Tell me, please, to whom do Carroburg Greatswords obey: Boris Todbringer or Karl Franz?
I understand that in times of great wars, such as Archaon's invasion, all troops follow the lead of the Emperor, but I am asking about smaller battles.

It turns out that there are two Greatswords regiments on Middenland territory: Middenheim Greatswords and those from Carroburg (by the way both miniatures are shown in our armybook  :smile2:)
Are all other Greatswords regiments personal guard of Elector Counts only or there are other regiments, like Carroburgers?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:58:16 AM by KiTe »

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »

Tell me, please, to whom do Carroburg Greatswords obey: Boris Todbringer or Karl Franz?
I understand that in times of great wars, such as Archaon's invasion, all troops follow the lead of the Emperor, but I am asking about smaller battles.

The answer to your question really depends on you.  Despite the publishing of 'official fluff', there is no guideline you MUST follow.  The 'official' published fluff is changed at the whim of GW employees.  You can decide the chain of command for 'your' Empire.  My advice is that most armies follow the lead of the person placed in their command.  Thus if Boris is the leader of the army the soldiers in his army will follow him (unless they have orders that allow them not to).

It turns out that there are two Greatswords regiments on Middenland territory: Middenheim Greatswords and those from Carroburg (by the way both miniatures are shown in our armybook  :smile2:)
Are all other Greatswords regiments personal guard of Elector Counts only or there are other regiments, like Carroburgers?

There are as many regiments of Greatswords as you want, where ever you want them. You can create your own maps, found cities and grant titles.  Or you can find someone else's imaginings and copy them. (I do!) I believe the army book mentions another regiment as an example but it has no published history yet.
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 10:48:34 PM »
Von Kurst, what other regiment is that?
I completely agree with you about copying other peoples ideas becouse then it makes it easier to link games and fluff together, i myself am going to be adding a unit of Stirguard knights and a unit or two of Iron Skulls to my Stirland army, both from threads here at warhammer-Empire, with compliments and gratitude to the original people who made them up ofcourse :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
The Death's Head Regiment of Ostermark is the one I was thinking of because someone had asked about it on another thread, but now that I look it is merely mentioned as a famous regiment in the same sentence as the Carroburg Greatswords. (4th ed Empire, I forget how many Empire army books there are...)  Aside from being named in a sentence along with Carroburg there is nothing saying it is a Greatsword regiment.
 :blush:
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 01:37:34 AM »

The carrobug Greatswords wear red as oposed to white because their white reikland uniforms got covered in blood so they made a new tradition of wearing blood red uniforms.

Shamelessly stolen from the myth of the austrian flag. Short form: Crusades 1191 in Jerusalem - Archduke of Austria - white uniform with big belt - battle - lots of enemy blood - took the belt away => red-white-red.   :-D

Offline Captain Gerntass

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 09:50:36 AM »
The Death's Head Regiment of Ostermark is the one I was thinking of because someone had asked about it on another thread, but now that I look it is merely mentioned as a famous regiment in the same sentence as the Carroburg Greatswords. (4th ed Empire, I forget how many Empire army books there are...)  Aside from being named in a sentence along with Carroburg there is nothing saying it is a Greatsword regiment.
 :blush:
Von Kurst, i have heard of that regiment, the Death Heads are a swordsmen/halberdier regiment, i haven't actually seen any pictures or models done though.

Offline von Bildhofen

• Members
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 04:46:57 PM »
I like to think that the Carroburg Greatswords takes their "crowns" from the reiklandcoffers, but the city of Carroburg is clearly in Middenland, they just helped the city to defend itselves from the war with the count of middenland.
So and army from Carroburg could either be "only reiklanders" or middenland with the GS alligned with it, or just the citys own standing army (with their own city collors). The city would have to obey Middenland as it is not a state city and thereby have independent rule. End the end we all have to obey the Emperor!

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »
End the end we all have to obey the Emperor!

Indeed, though it is only us Reiklanders that matters to him.
My hood is my castle...