home

Author Topic: Mislead Lizards  (Read 29875 times)

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« on: March 28, 2004, 09:41:15 PM »
OCC: Alright all report here so i know what i have for the moment before i post this for no reason if no one still with me!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 09:53:21 PM »
First Knight Mark
Leading 12 IC Knights
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Vek

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 01:16:34 AM »
Vek Aldbeow, Marksman of the Handgunner Unit, with a Hochland.

Has a small detachment of spearmen. 5 men.
--Vek

Offline megamac20817

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 02:27:48 AM »
Gotrek Bhen, Champion of the Teutogen Guard.

Boris Katri, Leader of the Gryphon Knights.
You can give a man a sword, but that won't make him a soldier.
You can give a man a pen, but that won't make him a writer.

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 05:54:15 AM »
Krark, Head Controller of the Flaggelents of Nuln!!! (flaggelents with gunpowder and explosives strapped to their bodies)
With an accompanying unit of pistoliers(6 strong) led by Ludwig
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 01:45:14 PM »
Lethair, shadow wizard

Hogald, huntsmen leader

Karl, knights

Erik, Halrberdiers

Could anyone take care of one of these regiments (preferably the knights), I'm in command of too many men.

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 08:24:42 PM »
Master Engineer Rudolf Gräber, driving his trusted steamtank Himmelwagen (configuration: steam gun only).

Fifth Halberdier Platoon, 30 men led by sergeant Jürgen Müller.

And, I can confirm that Ceridan the Green One is with us. He has some problems with his Internet connection, but should be able to participate.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 01:14:08 AM »
OCC: holy crap i seem some porblems alright the flaggies are stripped of there explosives due to endangerment of other troops and it is just flat out inhumane!!!  Since when do we have a steam tank?  :(  This will be very very hard to work into the storyline Konrad...

OCC: what does green lead?
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 05:14:04 AM »
please warrior why can't i have flaggies of nuln it's not like i'll kill other troops and yes it should be allowed because it creates a time of apocalyptic doom and that's what flaggies are about

p.s. krark is a minor noble,
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 06:32:49 AM »
Ceridan leads a unit of Swordmasters of Hoeth.

Don't bother about how the steam tank made it to te Southlands, let's just say it was secretly built since the Engineers' Guild has the patent on them, and Karl von Richtmark (Konrad's dad) did not want to pay the full fee. The Southlands is a fairly remote place to test-drive it without attracting too much attention.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 07:29:38 AM »
I would have thought Konrad didnt want elven fighters on his side!?
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 08:10:57 AM »
Konrad is at home for the moment, drilling his to-be Greatsword guard.

But, on the other hand, I think I'll include them here. I scrap my halberdier unit and take in the good ol' swordsmen from The March, but refitted as greatswords.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 08:15:34 AM »
Damn forum doesn't allow me to edit my post!

Ok, here it goes.

Konrad von Richtmark, son of the Elector Count of Talabheim.

Konrad is clad in Armour of Meteoric Iron and wields a bastard sword (two hands, either make a swift blow for +1 strength or a strikes-last heavy blow with +2 strength).

Leads a unit of 24 greatswords about to see their first battle. They're not the official Greatswords of Talabheim (those belong to his dad), so they only have heavy armour instead of full plate armour. They fly a Banner of Valour.

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 10:28:36 AM »
Btw Konrad, where did you leave that runefang. I hope your 'dad' wasn't too angry about you borrowing it for a while  :wink:

Offline deepfat

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 10:16:19 PM »
Barnados' pikes, 30 men

Barnado is armed with a two cutlasses and his standard depicts a figure surrounded by light, cutting down a foul beast of choas.

Barnado, know as St. Barnado to his men, is a deeply loyal to his god sigmar. He has a deep-set hatred for the scourge of choas and regularly gives sermons to his troops from the holy text.

Barnados' pikeman are willing to sign up to your army, for the right price.....

Am I in?

regards,

stewart
There's an old army sayin "tough luck for you" - Sergeant Jackrum Tenth infantry otherwise know as the "Ins-and-outs"

Offline megamac20817

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 11:29:33 PM »
Gotrek shall accompany you Lord Konrad. You may learn from us if you wish. Wield with us the Hammer of the Gods!
You can give a man a sword, but that won't make him a soldier.
You can give a man a pen, but that won't make him a writer.

Offline Ceridan the Green One

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 04:04:27 PM »
Sorry I wasn´t able to come erlier.
Anyway here I am with the following:
20 Swordmasters from Hoeth
Radiant Gem of Hoeth
Armour of the Gods
Sword of Hoeth

Hope it wasn´t to much.
All my foes share one thing:
They´re all afraid of me!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2004, 12:51:32 AM »
OCC: my computer has a virus i will start this soon i hope :(

oh and flaggies are allowed but flaggies with dyno attached is not its just inhumane!  Steam tank we found an old ran down one from a battle and an engineer repaired for us at a high fee!  Oh and the piekmen may fight in the Emperors army only if they sware absolute allegiance and they will be payed upon deeds etc... you do nothing u get nothing!

User#364

Offline deepfat

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2004, 11:15:41 AM »
And the mecernarys get to keep whatever they plunder?
There's an old army sayin "tough luck for you" - Sergeant Jackrum Tenth infantry otherwise know as the "Ins-and-outs"

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2004, 06:45:05 PM »
Supposedly if they plunder the enemy troops, but if they go out randomly plundering civilian villages I'm rather confident they can expect an end to their contract, and probably execution even.

Offline EC.Sylvania

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2004, 07:05:26 PM »
It depends on the contract.

Historically there was very little distinction between civilian, religious, or military plunder as long as the army was in enemy territory.

A good documented example of this type of behavior in the extereme would be the sack of rome in 1527.

http://www.oldnewspublishing.com/rome.htm

You need to remember that the soldiers were paid a small monthly salary from which they had to buy their own weapons, clothes, food, etc.. Nothing was provided. (There are even documented cases of armies charging their own soldiers travel costs for coming back to Europe after a campaign in Northern Africa!)

On campaign in hostile territory it was probably better for morale to let your men take what they need rather than make them pay for it.

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2004, 10:38:17 PM »
OCC: not from the lizards they will return for your head on the next fight you may though!  etc.. the lizards are here under the impression that we have stolen something from them when elves actually have!

User#364

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2004, 03:24:38 PM »
But EC.Sylvania, remember, this is the Warhammer universe. Factions like "the Empire" will have to appear reasonably good fluff-wise, or things like the "Conclave of Light" would lose their credibility.

While I can imagine Tilean mercenaries looting their way through the countryside, looting wouldn't fit Empire fluff (except maybe for the Free Companies). Unless, of course, you want to apply imperialforge's historically correct attitude and amass über-huge armies trying to outstarve each other ála the 30 years war, and a fourth of the Imperial population in the process.

Offline deepfat

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 09:55:29 PM »
Quote from: WARRIOR2006
OCC: not from the lizards they will return for your head on the next fight you may though!  etc.. the lizards are here under the impression that we have stolen something from them when elves actually have!

OOC: And there was me looking forward to a good old "plundarin".

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2004, 02:15:31 PM »
OCC: if you guys are ready i will start this rpg this very night!

User#364