home

Author Topic: Collectors' corner  (Read 57862 times)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
Collectors' corner
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:06 AM »
I noticed how many members here have some really old minis  or rare collectors stuff and how  others have an admiration of them. So post them here...if you have them :wink:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:33:47 AM by DariusZero »
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline fp

• Members
Re: Collectors' corner
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:33 AM »
I love this idea. Do you offer any restriction like "painted miniatures only" or not? I think it would be perfect base for online variant of empire collectors guide! And may be you'll give example of miniature description?

BTW, I think we need guide of empire plastic I can shots the sprues of flagellants, state troops (6th and 7th ed) , greatswords, knights, handgunners (6th and 7th ed.) spearmen (6th ed), pistoliers (7 ed) and artillery when my empire brigade will arrive.

Pink is like red but not quite.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »
@fp: thx for your feedback!

Well, the only restriction here would be the topic itself and the members themselves will define the form of this thread in a free and open manner....So there can be painted, unpainted and in some cases even broken or in other incomplete form existant miniatures, anything goes really.

I like the idea of the online catalogue too.

Miniature description should include at least the name, anything more would be appreciated. It's up to the poster. After all, one can allways ask for more info afterwards.

As for the sprues...I knew a website dedicated exclusively to the GW sprue scans, I just can't find it at the moment..if anyone does know about it then, please wave your hand here. But I guess scans of sprues should fit, especially for the OOP models.
What do other members think?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:10:14 AM by DariusZero »
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline Immovable Object

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:19:29 AM »
OK , I'll get the ball rolling with one of mine. I've got a lot of old, oop minis so I might edit my post later to include more.

Warhammer Quest Witch hunter

This is a great idea by the way DariusZero. Its nice to see someone who is relatively new to the forum actively contributing so much.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:36:34 AM by Irresistible Force »

Offline Hooch

• Members
  • Formerly Hoochlander
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »
Nice idea!

Once I've got my Imperial Noble and new Wizard painted I'll be sure to post them here.

Hooch

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »
@ Irresistible Force: thank you for you feedback! And I must say that you chose the perfect mini to have an honour 'of rolling the ball' . A beautiful miniature : Witch hunter, designed by Aly Morrison and Gary Morley ( says my Citadel 1999 annual). You're a lucky guy. :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:48:02 AM by DariusZero »

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:50 AM »
I just happen to be working on the Warhammer Quest Warrior Priest right now. I'll post him just as soon as I'm finished with him. I also have the Vesperro's Vendetta figs, that are pretty old and rare these days. They are painted, I just need to get some pictured taken. Some day I will get around to painting up my Warhammer Quest Imperial Noble as well.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »
These fine fellows are from the 4th edition puiter Imperial hero collection.... when GW came out with a whole long string of outstanding metal figures..i believe i payed $6.oo bucks for them..so yeah (1994-95)

The Imperial Noble came out during the mid-later 90's as a Warhammer quest character, going along with the With Hunter posted earlier, one of the better sculpts...

Here is a small collection of Battle Wizards ( all metal) that have been painted to represent the order of, Fire, Death, and Heaven. all sculpted in the early 1990's to 2000's  ....The wizards painted in white was actually a miniature some guy sculpted to become a gw sculptor....it was bigger than the scale  they were going with at the time, the miniature became very popular. GW came up with a story of him eating warpstone and growing much taller than the average person and introduced him into the MOrdaheim range..( I think that's the story)
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »
I love this idea. Do you offer any restriction like "painted miniatures only" or not? I think it would be perfect base for online variant of empire collectors guide! And may be you'll give example of miniature description?

BTW, I think we need guide of empire plastic I can shots the sprues of flagellants, state troops (6th and 7th ed) , greatswords, knights, handgunners (6th and 7th ed.) spearmen (6th ed), pistoliers (7 ed) and artillery when my empire brigade will arrive.

I think the Stuff of Legends section on Citadel (and Marauder) Miniatures and the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki cover most of the metal figures pretty well, in terms of unpainted stuff. Personally, I'd be more interested in seeing forum members painted stuff. Though some of it is a bit redundant, since some people (looks at White Knight) practically have entire paint logs of "collectors" figures.  :wink:

I think the plastic sprue (and box cover!) idea would be great to add the various plastic kits to the reference, though. I don't think either of those pages above cover the plastics. When (/if) I can get some time, I'll see if I can get some of that scanned. I've got some "virgin" sprues of the old multi-piece state troops, plus some of the blister packs of metal arms (command, handgun, crossbow) that came with some of the variant sets.

I've got some old figures in my plog here too -- posted some more of the old wizards recently. (Look in StealthKnightSteg's sticky for the link.)

Not sure if I ever posted this guy -- though it's an old pic before he base was done. I think it's from the same range as zak's figures, above. I had been using him as a GotE with AoMI and a great weapon for a while.

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 02:52:36 PM »
These are my favourite oop models although they will get a repaint soon....

We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 07:55:05 PM »
0-23 it is  :biggriin:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Immovable Object

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
Here's a few more of mine. They are all from my free company unit

An old marauder Dwarf champion

Old Empire warmachine crewman and the excellently named 'Screaming Lord Titch!' One of the old Citadel Halfling militia guys

Marauder era Dwarf cannon crewman and female norse Dwarf
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:39:24 PM by Irresistible Force »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 09:35:49 PM »
This is just going to make me envious of you lot.  I have a few like the 5th ed. unipose halberdiers, some marauder dwarfs that I got from Dannyfave and a couple of other odds and ends.  Maybe I can get motivated and get some pics up soon.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
Though some of it is a bit redundant, since some people (looks at White Knight) practically have entire paint logs of "collectors" figures.  :wink

I'll take that as a hint not to repost them all here.  :icon_wink:

There's many more in unpainted form. I have pretty much everything empire-related citadel and marauder ever made, with the exception of some of the mordheim models.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:46:57 AM by Midaski »

Offline General Tomerix Rotenkopf

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 10:54:53 PM »
Very good idea! I like all of these older fighters. I have a few of them...these ones, for example, from the Quest series.

Hobbits are stupid, Talabecs are thieves and Averlanders reek of horse shit.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 07:21:44 AM »
@ White Knight: well in cases like yours feel invited to post a link here at least.....or better yet, I'll do it for you:

White Knight's collection:  http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33046.0

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »
Thanks! :biggriin:

Offline fp

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 09:45:42 AM »
I think the Stuff of Legends section on Citadel (and Marauder) Miniatures and the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki cover most of the metal figures pretty well, in terms of unpainted stuff. Personally, I'd be more interested in seeing forum members painted stuff. Though some of it is a bit redundant, since some people (looks at White Knight) practically have entire paint logs of "collectors" figures.  :wink:
th=153 height=250]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/ZeroTwentythree/mburg/cpt01.jpg[/img]

I think Stuff of Legends has terrible interface or I can say it has no interface at all, so it wouldn't be useless job. You must be genius to find something in their catalogue. But I totaly agree it's cool to see painted wh-empire members miniatures.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:48:20 AM by fp »

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2010, 09:51:18 AM »
I think Stuff of Legends has terrible interface or I can say it has no interface at all, so it wouldn't be useless job. You must be genius to find something in their catalogue.

Well, to be fair, if it's a categorised catalogue you want, it would be more difficult even to find something specific in this thread once it runs for several dozens of pages. :-)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »
I think Stuff of Legends has terrible interface or I can say it has no interface at all, so it wouldn't be useless job. You must be genius to find something in their catalogue.

Well, to be fair, if it's a categorised catalogue you want, it would be more difficult even to find something specific in this thread once it runs for several dozens of pages. :-)

In order to test the above statement, I made a search check:
In search box I typed in :Warhammer Quest Witch hunter and from the results that I got was on the 5th place the one in this thread, picture included.  It took me 4 seconds. Not so bad heh!?

so in order to find stuff here it would really help if members would post their minis with their original and accurate names.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:13:10 AM by DariusZero »

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I post links to SoL all the time. It's about time someone recognized my genius.  :happy:

I do agree, though, that it's not the best format for finding specific figures if you have no idea when they were released or which catalog they were in, or which range they were originally from (in the case of the older figures.)

I agree. It's really not an ideal format at all. If we had a gallery that we could structure with categories, sub-categories, and preferably tags as well, that would be really great.

In order to test the above statement, I made a search check:
In search box I typed in :Warhammer Quest Witch hunter and from the results that I got was on the 5th place the one in this thread, picture included.  It took me 4 seconds. Not so bad heh!?

so in order to find stuff here it would really help if members would post their minis with their original and accurate names.

But you're still having to shuffle through the other threads. And "Warhammer Quest Witch Hunter" is pretty particular. What if someone is looking for a particular greatsword or halberdier?

Piling everything in a forum thread also means that you have to sit and wait for all the other images to load. This is compounded by the fact that they are stored at many different locations, may be moved, etc.

Forums like this are a good way for a one-time "show us your..." (though even those start to get redundant after a while) or paint logs, but they make poor galleries, especially for use as a reference.

Anyone have any thoughts on trying to use the Wiki for this? It's searchable, you can add links & cross references, etc.

Offline fp

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »
Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I post links to SoL all the time. It's about time someone recognized my genius.  :happy:

I do agree, though, that it's not the best format for finding specific figures if you have no idea when they were released or which catalog they were in, or which range they were originally from (in the case of the older figures.)

1. You are welcome :)
2. As you mentioned above "if you have no idea where to look for it's not the best format". Being honest it's bad format. It's like library without proper index - you can find something only if you already know where is it or you are damn lucker. I find this logic at least a little bit odd and don't understand why such a great site still have no search engine or way more complicated structure.

And one more thing - I think this thread can be base for a new structure on this site like warroom or workshop. We can post our miniatures in this thread and moderators can categorize them. That is what I think about. If no - I can do it on my own site :)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 03:08:30 PM »
Once the site overhaul is finished - Soth has great plans for the Gallery .........
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 04:10:45 PM »
Don't forget gentlemen, that this is supposed to be also a discussion thread on everything related to the collecting aspect of this hobby. Not only the gallery thread of 'oldies'. Which, if they're painted, you can't find them anywhere else on one place, btw.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 04:21:52 PM »
Once the site overhaul is finished - Soth has great plans for the Gallery .........

Really ?  :icon_mrgreen:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.