home

Author Topic: 2951 GW miniatures and parts to be no longer sold or made  (Read 22117 times)

Offline burad

• Members
Re: 2951 GW miniatures and parts to be no longer sold or made
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 02:44:30 PM »
If you believe the current prices are going to go down as a result of the plasticization of the lines, you're smokin' some good stuff.  Prices never go down. 

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »
i agree with warlord, with the decrease of the use of metal models and the increase of plastic ones will cause the prices to
 go down.  GW will not have to spend money on the expensive, rarely used metal models andcan drop the prices of the popular plastic ones and still make money

I wasn't saying they would drop prices... :cry: Operationally though, prices could remain static and money lost would reduce.

Thats what I said in response. Prices will never go down. But if the reduce their costs, they are less likely to raise prices so frequently.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline agent_templar

• Members
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »
Arg!  I just found out the news today.  I won't effect my Skaken or Empire plans but...

Trouble is, I own a big (at least 4,000-5,000 point), largely unassembled High Elf Army.  This is 4th or 5th Edition, with the once piece plastic spearmen that look surprisingly good when painted up.  All of my 30+ cavalry horses look absolutely awful (Like old Brettonian horses) and I planned to buy the new plastic horses & heads individually via mail order before I put them together.  I used to be able to view the invidual sprues for the parts that make up Silverhelms, Dragon Princes etc on the U.S. and now the feature seems to have been disabled.  Is Ebay my only recourse?

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 10:43:02 AM »
Sprues are not exactly like metal bitz. I suspect that somewhere in the future they'll actually make it possible again to order whole sprues.

How fast that future will come to pass can be anyones guess though, after they've revised their online store that's for sure!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT