home

Author Topic: The weapons and armour thread  (Read 38143 times)

Offline KTG17

• Members
Re: The weapons and armour thread
« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2023, 09:14:42 PM »
So Florida has permitless carry now, and my favorite Florida sheriff did a video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDlalcg1_Dg&t

Love the straight-forwardness of his style. Its also a sheriff who promotes the 2nd amendment and encourages everyone to have a gun. I imagine this has to look odd to non-Americans, but his reasons for it are sound. Just wants to be sure its done safely.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2023, 11:08:04 PM »
How come there ain't a Hochland Rifle in here? :-P

Honestly making a custom wheellock rifle with a ridiculously long barrel and scope could be a fun project.

So Florida has permitless carry now, and my favorite Florida sheriff did a video on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDlalcg1_Dg&t

Love the straight-forwardness of his style. Its also a sheriff who promotes the 2nd amendment and encourages everyone to have a gun. I imagine this has to look odd to non-Americans, but his reasons for it are sound. Just wants to be sure its done safely.

Questionable, but I don't live in America. Ultimately it's none of my business. 
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #727 on: July 12, 2023, 01:02:23 AM »
In my opinion, the case that Mr. Runkle discusses here is one of the root causes of gun control in Canada. Yes, gun control as far that the government is concerned, is about suppressing non whites. Or at least that appears to be the case to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WME3vUr8-Ss

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #728 on: July 31, 2023, 03:14:15 PM »
Canada is 70% white. Suppressing the 30% is going to involve suppressing the majority too. Whats the point?

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #729 on: September 02, 2023, 01:32:55 PM »
On the subject of 'long' barrels.
When my classmates and i were reenacting the climax from the '89 Batman movie at lunch one day, the kid playing Joker got into trouble as the teacher thought the 'long barrel' he was drawing from his belt was making a lewd gesture.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #730 on: September 04, 2023, 09:53:32 AM »
Canada is 70% white. Suppressing the 30% is going to involve suppressing the majority too. Whats the point?

You are simultaneously right and wrong about suppressing the majority.

On the one hand, any socially or emotionally informed individual realizes that suppressing a minority often means at least mildly suppressing the majority, or vice versa.

The problem is that the average Canadian is neither of those things. In their typical, centrist-liberal myopia, the general population see gun-control as freeing the majority from the tyranny of the minority. Not to mention a good step towards the eradication of "American culture" in Canada.

I discussed this very briefly with Grutch:

That's the price paid for inviting throwback Muslims into your country.  I have zero doubt diversifying Sweden with a bunch of people with 2nd century thinking is a net negative for everyone around including the "refugees".

Funny, I'm sure plenty Canadians will say the exact same thing about American immigrants who have come to Canada if mass shootings become more of a problem here.

I was born in Canada, and I've seen fringe lunatics call for my deportation. I'm too "American" apparently, just because I own a few guns. I can only imagine what the Canadian spouses of American immigrants would be called. Treasonous I suppose.

The point is Canadians see Americans as the boogeyman.

In the past 10 years, I've watched Canadian's opinions about change rapidly. In 2013 it was "our cousins to the south", then in 2015 it was "our neighbors to the south". In 2016 it became "our questionable neighbors to the south". After the 2020 Nova Scotia shooting, the situation rapidly devolved. Now I read "those violent people to the south" (note the dropping of the word neighbour) if they are being polite, and "those violent savages to the south" if they are not.

Basically it's a case of seeing Americans as "estranged violent family members" at best, and "vile pseudo-humans" at worst. Especially amongst the anti-gun or hard core gun-control crowds. But with the rise in nationalism and anti-americanism, it's only a matter of time until these ludicrous opinions infect the general population like a virus.

Basically, the crimes of Americans, be they real of imagined, are irrelevant. Americans are being seen as criminal scum by default. An Americans innocence doesn't matter (much like Muslims apparently), what they are is enough to be ostracized.

Mark my words, unless there is a big change soon, the phrase "this is what happens when we let Americans in to the country" is going to be on TV and radio. I already read the "Americans bring their vile culture" and "I want less American culture here" (whatever that means) with the comments from regular people.

Just because of mass shootings in the US, have Canadians started developing these opinions, never mind the gang shootings in our own country. 2018 and 2020 didn't help.

Canadians are mentally fragile people in this day and age, and care most of all about appearances. The damage has been done.

TLDR: Americans see all Muslims as guilty and dangerous by default, regardless of innocence. Canadians see all Americans as guilty and dangerous by default, regardless of innocence.

I've also discussed this with you on this very thread:

Hey there!

So things heav heated up in parliament to the point that Bill C21 (the bills that's causing all this mess) has been tabled until next year. Pretty much everyone in the mainstream parties (with the exception of the Liberals and Bloc) is showing concern over this thing's new amendment (the thing I mentioned earlier that bans guns like the SKS).

Will this make a difference?

No, but it's still nice to see some decent.

So do you think its that ban list where they specifically named certain firearms that they snuck in late that is causing the issue?

I agree with tabling it. This stuff has to be done slowly and with compromise. It seems this was being pushed through as quickly as possible before too many questions could be answered.

1. Yes. Especially guns like the SKS, which are used by indigenous subsistence hunters, being on the list.

2. *Shrugs* Sure, but you have to remember something important. Canadians (especially urbanites) don't care about the facts and logic of the issue. They only care about the "image" of guns (more specifically the negatives) and their impact on the "nice", "wholesome", "sweet culture" of Canada.

By getting rid of firearms (and therefore firearms owners) Canada is made more pure and "not American" (and less indigenous friendly, and thus more white centric). I have had this conversation so many times that I have noticed the above pattern. "We're not Americans, couldn't be more different" is the rallying call of the gun control advocates here and ultimately what the argument boils down to for the average Canadian.

You guys are used as the boogeyman up here, as the arch nemesis of "civilized" society. The enemy of "politeness", "decency" and "human dignity". We (or at least I) was bombarded with this propaganda since birth, it's inescapable and total. You are denigrated and mocked in our media, seen as less than. This bill would not have gone anywhere if that weren't the case. It's what it's built on. Owning a gun, defending gun owners, or even suggesting that gun owners be treated with the same respect as other Canadians will get you disbelieving scorn at best and accusations of being a foreign agent (that is American) at worst.

I'm the enemy here (regardless of my mostly leftist opinions), all gun owners are. No matter their origins, political beliefs, faith or lack there of. Make no mistake, the longer America continues not having it's act together on gun violence, the more we (that is gun owners) up here will be suppressed. Because remember, we're Americans in sheep's clothing, I have actually seen calls for us to be deported (somehow) to the US.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. But yes, it's good it's been temporarily tabled until next year, but it's getting forced through regardless.

In short, more gun-control = "more Canadian". Even if the majority is suppressed, it's seen as worth it.

On the other hand you have the government's perspective which is...

Money.

Many of those minorities are indigenous, and their reservations and ancestral graves rest upon prime real-estate or potential commercial land. Many more rest upon sweet and tasty recourses, or are simply in the way. Money talks but especially in Canada, and especially in politics. The more you have to do with an economic project, the more prestige and validity you get as a politician. That's all you really need to be successful in Canadian politics. Actual policy is irrelevant.

It's similar in the US, just different in it's poisonous effects.

Let's also not forget about this conversation we had:

But to be clear, American can't have universal healthcare of any sort yet. Your population is to unhealthy, and to maintain universal healthcare a country must maintain a relatively healthy population. Just that simple.

FINALLY. Someone actually agrees with me on the health of Americans.

@Captain
'Ah but that's the problem AG! Canada is the Belgium of North America. We are anything but united and quite frankly the country could break apart and cease to exist in the 15-20 years. Furthermore Quebec hates anyone who isn't white, French speaking & catholic. Alberta,  Manitoba and Saskatchewan just hate anyone who isn't white. BC doesn't have it’s act together, the North is to remote and the East is on fire.

While this discussion should be taken seriously,  keep in mind this his whole conversation may become moot very soon.'

This is what I see as well unfortunately.

I am missing something here what are you guys referring to?

To the first point. Yes it's impossible to have effective universal healthcare at this point in the US. That being said  you gotta do something soon. Your current healthcare (if you can call it that) is insufficient and economically draining on American pockets. You guys gotta whip yourselves in to shape, and while some of the proposals suggested here might help, only drastic and perhaps heavy handed measures, will solve the problem.

It's not for me to say what those are though.

As to the second point, it ultimately comes down to the insular nature of the provinces and their big cities.

In Ontario for example, if you live outside of the southern peninsula (and thus outside Ottawa or the GTA) you might as well not exist. The abandonment issue has become so strong that the northern regions of the Province (my region included) have parties trying to break away and form their own new Province.

Quebec has been battling to become an independent country for over 50 years and been narrowly talked down from the ledge on several occasions. This has resulted in a hyper-nationalist society which actively suppresses ethnic and especially religious minorities. To the point of supporting violence against these people in some cases (especially against indigenous people, mixed race people such as the Metis).

The prairie provinces (Aberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan) are the economic whipping boys of the government. Much of our resource related wealth comes from these provinces. As such they are worked to the bone and receive little praise and support. Matter of fact they are often referred to as "The Colonies", mere economic chaff to be exploited. Unsurprisingly this has resulted in mass resentment in the west, and with the gun control issue coming to ahead, the urban-rural divide has become even greater. With some extremists suggesting that the west should succeed as a whole and found their own agrarian nation state. What doesn't help the issue is the the fact that westerners feel that they counqured the land with their blood, sweat and tears. As such it's indigenous inhabitants would get the short end of the stick, or no tick at all being the counqured people. Meaning that their survival in an independent prairie states would be dubious.

British Columbia is the second biggest economic performer in Canada, but it's politics are incoherent at the best of times, since the most popular party in BC is the politically divided NDP. The Conservatives and Liberals have done little better of course.

The Northwest Territories, Nunavut and the Yukon and primarily indigenous based cultures, and NT and NU have completely different government structures than the rest of Canada. Essentially tribal based concensus democracy. Their remote frontier nature means they have little in common with the rest of the country. 

Speaking of separate and entirely different cultures, you have the Maritime Provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island) to the south east. As well as the unique and relatively independent Newfoundland and Labrador to the north east. These regions have more in common with States like Massachusetts and Maine, then the rest of Canada. Here celtic languages are still spoken (heck, Nova Scotia means "New Scotland" for crying out loud) as is French as many Acadians makes these provinces their homes.

All of these factions, hate eachother's guts for the most part. It's fair to say, that "Canada" isn't even really a country. Nothing ever happens and nothing ever changes because of this, as the distinct regions of Canada bicker back and fourth, the ever present boogeyman that is the threat of violence. 

Yet despite all that, these people who are always at lagerheads, pull together when the needs arise. Not only is this remarkable, it's truly one of the few things Canadians have to be proud of. It's kinda wild.

In such a divided country, it's almost impossible for rational thought to break through.

TLDR: Gun-control is seen as a win/win by both the general public and government, with no downsides. Even if it means suppressing the majority. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 10:17:06 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #731 on: October 06, 2023, 12:37:26 PM »
Geez I forget all about what I write. I read my own comments with the same interest as if they were someone else's.  :-D

Are you familiar with Christopher Hitchens? I just discovered the guy but it seems everyone else knows of him. Anyway, listening him speak on a range of issues from the point of view of even 30 years ago blew my mind considering how we have ended up. Going to spend some time today listening to his old interviews. Anyway, his views on censorship and woke and victimhood are right where mine are. I have struggled to understand how so many are willing or are ignorant enough to lie down and take it when it would have been unthinkable just a few years ago.

With Canada, I just rarely heard about it because America is just loud and in your face that its hard to look over and hear whats going on even next door. I just assumed Canadians were a lot like Americans (even if resentful of us), just toned down a little since you didn't have all the chaos we have here. Then Trudeau comes along and I am just stunned that Canadians seem cool with this autocratic-like behavior he seems to push from covid to how he dealt with the trucker protest. When you see Trudeau, you just think he is just some liberal douche but in reality is a lot darker and dangerous than people think Trump would be. But each of these little bites into people's liberties eats away at the foundation and the next thing you know, there is a whole generation that doesn't have the rights or freedoms a generation before it had.

Its happening in the US too. From the federal government to big tech. Censorship is one of the worst of all evils, and so 1984-ish that it was a bigger concern for me during covid than covid itself. And each time some person or group is censored or banned for misinformation or questioning a narrative, teaches the powers that be what is acceptable and how far they can go with each step. It really bothers me. And then there is this:

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/04/auto-key-card-case-ruling-a-travesty-of-justice/#axzz8FMaytsSN

Thumbing their noses at the ATF? Sure. The ATF even admitted in court that they were unable to turn AR-15s into machine guns. Yet somehow, in my own state, these guys were found guilty.

And - https://www.atf.gov/tampa-field-division/seized-website-autokeycardscom

The websites www.autokeycards.com(link is external) and www.autokeycard.com(link is external) have been seized by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and the United States Postal Inspection Service pursuant to seizure warrants obtained by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida.
It is a violation of federal law to manufacture, receive, transport, and/or deliver a machinegun not registered in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record. 26 U.S.C. §§ 5845, 5861. A machinegun is defined under federal law to include "any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun." 26 U.S.C. §§ 5845(b).

The possession of any machinegun conversion device sold on these web domains is a felony violation of federal law, which carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000 per count.

If you are in possession of a machinegun conversion device sold by AutoKeyCards.com or AutoKeyCard.com, you should contact your nearest ATF office or call 1-800-ATF-GUNS.

Parts were designed not to work. So how can they be machine gun parts? It makes me sick. What the hell were the jurors thinking? And I have to ask, doesn't the ATF have better things to do? Who is overseeing these clowns? Oh yeah, that guy. No one cares. January 6th? No one cares that many of the people in jail did not commit the crimes they were being charged with. No one cares. People just bending over and taking it and not realizing it. Its mind control over the ignorant.

Makes me sick what the west is becoming because the majority of its population is blissfully ignorant as they lose their freedom. Both the US and Canada is guilty of that.

I heard a saying recently that is spot on: "Bad times create strong men, strong me create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create bad times." We're definitely on the tail end of that. I cannot imagine our grand parents tolerating a lot of the crap we do now.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 12:44:17 PM by KTG17 »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #732 on: October 09, 2023, 11:48:59 PM »
With Canada, I just rarely heard about it because America is just loud and in your face that its hard to look over and hear whats going on even next door. I just assumed Canadians were a lot like Americans (even if resentful of us), just toned down a little since you didn't have all the chaos we have here. Then Trudeau comes along and I am just stunned that Canadians seem cool with this autocratic-like behavior he seems to push from covid to how he dealt with the trucker protest. When you see Trudeau, you just think he is just some liberal douche but in reality is a lot darker and dangerous than people think Trump would be. But each of these little bites into people's liberties eats away at the foundation and the next thing you know, there is a whole generation that doesn't have the rights or freedoms a generation before it had.

1. Resentful isn't the right word. Fearful of Americans is more accurate, resulting in hate.

2. Canada is a polite society, not a nice one. They are fine with JT's attacks on a minority group like gun owners because it preserves the image of a polite society. You'll remember that I wasn't a bit supporter of the truckers either. Firstly because it was a selfish protest, but secondly and far more importantly, I feared for their safety. Protests of such scale and economic enormity typically get put down with guns and bayonets in Canada.

3. DT and JT are both the same in one regard. They both put money first, and damn be to anyone around them.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #733 on: October 16, 2023, 10:45:44 AM »
So, a brief update. The amnesty for turning in your now illegal firearms was about to expire, with no "buy back" in place. As such the amnesty has been extended to 2025. It's quite obvious no plan is in place.

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #734 on: October 18, 2023, 09:03:18 PM »
Bury it in a water tight box with some ammo in the back yard.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #735 on: November 16, 2023, 03:25:23 AM »
News:

Serious news out today. A Royal Canadian Air Force Major has just been charged with gun smuggling. Major Kendrick Barling was caught smuggling firearms in to Canada by the Canadian Border Services Agency, after a five year posting in the US.

In October the CBSA's smuggling enforcement team, executed a search warrant at two residences, after Barling was caught bringing undeclared firearms in to Canada. Via hiding those guns in his household belongings. Later after the searches, and investigation. It was discovered he had smuggled in at least 10 rifles, included in the number several prohibited (that is illegal firearms). Such as what appear to be two FN SCARs and an AR-15.

He also smuggled two semi-auto shotguns, and 7 handguns. Along with 45,000 rounds of ammunition and "hundreds" of over capacity magazines.

The ATF is also commended for their efforts and cooperation in the investigation.

Barling is charged with:

5x Customs Act s. 159(1) – Smuggle Goods into Canada 2x Customs Act s.

153(a) – Making False Statements

2x Export and Import Permits Act s. 14/19 – Import Goods without a Permit 9x Criminal Code s.

103(1) – Importing a Firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized 9x Criminal Code s.

104(1) – Unauthorized Importing of a Firearm 2x Criminal Code s.

86(2) – Contravention of Transportation Regulations

Personal Speculations:

I can only make assumptions as to the reason Major Barling would make such a stupid decision. It would not be the first time a cavalier collector was charged. 

EDIT: I appears some of the firearms were infact, not prohibited. But rather several gun parts were. Furthermore it appears that several firearms had duplicate serial numbers.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:46:22 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »