home

Author Topic: Rufas the Eccentric - from CiM  (Read 4769 times)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Rufas the Eccentric - from CiM
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:07:51 AM »
This is the one special character I feel should be included in a W-E rulebook :

Rufas the Eccentric is an aged wizard renowned for his unconventional opinions and
peculiar behaviour. Despite his vocal opposition to the ruling elite in Nordland, he is
loved and respected by the entire province.
Rufas has declared his intention of claiming Marienburg for Nordland, citing spurious
historical evidence in justification. His words are backed by powerful magic, and by
a large army of devoted followers.
Rufas the Eccentric is a Lord choice for League of Free Traders armies. No additional
equipment may be purchased for him, except where specifically allowed.
Weapons: handweapon
Armour: none
Other Items: Rod of Power, Bugman’s XXXXXX, Cloak of Confusion
Options: may ride a warhorse (+ 15 points) which may have barding (+6 points). Alternately, may ride a Pegasus
(+50 points)
Nationality: Nordland
Special Rules:
Supreme Wizard
Rufas is probably the most skilled wizard in The Empire. He counts as a level three Wizard Lord who must use the
Lore of Heavens. When assigning his spells, generate the first two in the usual way. He may choose his last spell
from those remaining on the Lore of Heavens list (without having to roll the dice).
Rufas is also adept at getting the most out of his Rod of Power. When storing one or two dice in the Rod, there
is no need to roll to see if the dice are lost. When storing three dice, they are only lost on a roll of one.
Bugman’s XXXXXX
Rufas may drink from his cask of Bugman’s XXXXXX once per game. He may immediately restore one wound,
and becomes subject to Frenzy until the start of his next turn.
Cloak of Confusion
This enchanted cloak obscures Rufas’s true identity, casting doubt into the minds of his enemies. The cloak
provides a 3+ ward save. In addition, any model attempting to attack Rufas in hand to hand combat must first
pass a leadership test, using their own leadership score (not that of the general or of a character in the same
unit).
                            M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Rufas The Eccentric 4   4   3   3 4  3 4 1 9
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
Re: Rufas the Eccentric - from CiM
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »
Sweeeet.  :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:

But if he is the most skilled, perhaps Level 4 would be more appropriate?

Offline bluetwyst

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:45:38 PM »
I concur. You should either make him level 4 or one of the best wizards in the empire. Also, I disagree with T4, it overpowers him. Perhaps when drinking Bugman's XXXXXX, a table should be rolled on, like:

1 - Urghhh... Gloop. Rufas passes out in his own vomit. He may not act next turn, and unit he is with my chose to leave him there.

2-5 - Ahhh... Rufas enjoys a cool draught of his XXXXXX. He restores one wound, but must take a stupidity test next turn.

6 - 'Ey, Its jus' a giant... I can take 'im Rufas must immediately charge the nearest enemy unit, but regains 2 wounds. If no enemy units are in range and line of sight, count this as result 2-5.

Offline The Chosen of Sigmar

• Members
  • Argentum Non Habemus, Aurum Sed Valemus
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »
... Also, I disagree with T4, it overpowers him...
A normal Wizard Lord is also toughness 4
Argentum Non Habemus, Aurum Sed Valemus

The Knights of Bayard - The Money Wolves - The Green Knight

Offline bluetwyst

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:19 PM »
... Also, I disagree with T4, it overpowers him...
A normal Wizard Lord is also toughness 4

Just saw that :)

T4 is good then :)

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »
Rufas should be able to lure his opponents into a false sense of security with acts of kindness and humour....before cutting them down when they least expect it.  :-D

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »
But if he is the most skilled, perhaps Level 4 would be more appropriate?

It was level three because the Marienburg campaign was set before the creation of the colleges of magic. For a 'modern' version, level four would make more sense.

Since this character was found to be somewhat overpriced, it could be increased to level four at no additional cost.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 02:16:37 PM »
RiP rufas.

I like him- but shouldn't his poweful knowledge on immigration be included? Allowing his army to enter a scenery object without penalties or something? (are there any, btw?)
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 04:02:36 AM »
I am going to endevour to make this model however I believe SteveB or SirUlrich should be given the official task of making the official Rufus the Eccentric Special Character Model.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline neverness

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 04:35:33 PM »
A year on, and I still miss his posts.

What an awesome tribute! Thanks for this guys!