home

Author Topic: Mantic does some armylists for not-WFB armies  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Timbor

• Members
Mantic does some armylists for not-WFB armies
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:02:55 PM »
I thought it would be a good time to post this here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/edit#gid=644257362

It is armylists for empire/DOW, skaven, and beastmen for use in KoW.  They already have the usual fantasy armies for free on their website: humans, orcs. goblins, good and bad dwarfs, chaos, plus their own stuff...

If the new pics of Warhammer 9th ed have got you down, I have had lots of fun playing KoW of late.  It is fast and simple, no pages and pages of complex and conflicting rules.  You can hammer out a game in 1-2 hours, rather than 2-4 hours for WFB...

Plus they encourage you to use models of your own choosing!
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
Re: Mantic does some armylists for not-WFB armies
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »
It's a decent game. It lacks complexity, but the same can be said of Warhammer 8th.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »
Interesting to see. KoW isn't distinct enough from GW, for my tastes, though.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
It's a decent game. It lacks complexity, but the same can be said of Warhammer 8th.

I didn't like the original rules either. But I know a number of people who have said that the 2nd ed, rules are supposed to be better. Don't know if that's true, but I plan on giving the playtest rules a read. Since you can download them. And playtest them.

I will do the same for AoS. Oh, wait...

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 09:41:32 PM »
Ja, we're also planning on trying the new rules out, even more so now that a clearer picture of the future of warhammer is starting to show (and it's not pretty).

While I wasn't over excited about the old rules they weren't all that much behind 8e- and had the advantage of taking hours less to play. And that's to say nothing about the time it takes to read though them in the first place...

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 10:37:15 PM »
I thought it would be a good time to post this here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/edit#gid=644257362

I SEE HALFLINGS!!!!!

....will mantic be making some halfling models? because there is a severe lack of plastic halflings in the minatures market.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 12:14:03 AM »
I doubt it, as my understanding is that they just made these armylists so people could pretty much copy and paste their WFB into KoW.  They are not part of the 'officially supported' armies.

Also, I would not trust Mantic to do a decent job on the halflings.  Not sure they could beat WK halflings for style and awesomeness...
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 12:19:51 AM »
Also, I would not trust Mantic to do a decent job on the halflings. 

Beyond some of the Undead there is little Mantic stuff worth it really...though I suppose I don't mind there trolls and ogres to a degree if it were any other sort of fantasy setting than Warhammer.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 03:30:23 AM »
I don't mind some of their scifi stuff, and am planning to get some of their space-skaven from the recent Deadzone KS.  But yeah, I just use my old WFB stuff for KoW.