home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 261946 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1200 on: October 07, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »
New figures that work with the old could have players from across W:AoS, WFB, or both, and all the rest, buying.  However, if they just produce stuff that is brand new to W:AoS, then they could miss out on some sales.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #1201 on: October 13, 2019, 01:40:47 PM »
They are changing 40K to slowly. But it is done in a much more careful and much more believeable way.

I am not really that hyped on this psychic awakening, since that is supposed to mean DOOOM! in all the earlier fluff. But now it is coming and everyone will be involved somehow.

But I hope it does not mean that all that is familiar is removed. And in the end, I think that will not be the case. GW shock the galaxy to the core with the great rift through it. Also, they are finally giving us true scale marines and yes, they probably needed some change. After all, the Marines are the flagships.

We shall see what they do to the Guard, however. The Guard REALLY need new miniatures. Really need them. They clearly seem to have decided that the basic concept of the Eldar is still good so they work around it creating new cool stuff. But they really need to give us a new baseline of guards, and clearly it is the Cadians that will remain that one. And the Guard is a popular army, and people love their mighty backward looking tanks. They created new characters for it in the shape of for example Severina Raine so the concept of the poor bloody infantry is something they seem to understand have a strong pull.
If you want to be over the top superhumans, the Adeptus Astares are where you go. If you want a more recognizeable feeling you go for the Guard. And soon you can focus on the more fanatically zealot side via the Sisters of Battle.

If you want something more like a modern style army with discipline etc you have the Tau giving you decent humanoid elite soldiers. You even have the option of saying they are humans loyal to Tau. Firepower first concern, overlapping fields of fire, breach and clear etc. All you may want if you are into a futuristic versions of modern soldiers.

The list goes on and on. 40K have managed to find something that can appeal to everyone and it does not really conflict that much. You have it all from magic, psyker dominated armies to high tech futuristic stuff that do not care about psychics and everything in between.

Somehow I think they wanted to get away from the "real world" to avoid ANY potential PC issues and to be able to copyright everything.

But for some reason GW do not want normal people to have any real place in AoS. They went for the He-Man idea all the way.

Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1202 on: October 13, 2019, 05:00:01 PM »
We shall see what they do to the Guard, however. The Guard REALLY need new miniatures. Really need them.

SIR YES SIR

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1203 on: October 14, 2019, 05:09:27 PM »
Gotta like this guy! (GP exempt 😸) He is going into my army without a doubt. Even though a knight questor, re rings of warrior priest

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 05:12:43 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1204 on: October 14, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »
A black Sigmar is sort of like a black Claus, although I like it.  Didn't it come from a boxed board game or some such? Probably hard to come by, unless I look on ebay.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1205 on: October 14, 2019, 06:11:40 PM »
Slap in the face. Come on, GW, you got no new Freeguild characters but you make one bland Stormcast guy? Really? Now I'm disgusted.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1206 on: October 14, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »
new hero revealed for the Ossiarch Bonereapers
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/14/a-hat-worthy-of-nagash-new-hero-revealedgw-homepage-post-2/

Now I was somewhat digging the others of the army (as one of the few here), but this chap makes me seriously doubt that..
This one gives me the feel that the engineer on robo horse gave me for the Empire back then
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1207 on: October 14, 2019, 07:04:43 PM »
A black Sigmar is sort of like a black Claus, although I like it.  Didn't it come from a boxed board game or some such? Probably hard to come by, unless I look on ebay.
I'll be honest, I like it and I like that we see some different skin tones every now and then. Sigmar takes souls from thousands of nations, across multiple different dimensions and hundreds of thousands of years or more, if they were all pasty white people it would be down right weird.

I am far less interested in the new Ossiarch wizard dude. I don't think I've liked anything from that range yet.

Slap in the face. Come on, GW, you got no new Freeguild characters but you make one bland Stormcast guy? Really? Now I'm disgusted.

I suspect this is just the new years special anniversary model. Like they've had previous. If that's the case its always a stormcast and space marine.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #1208 on: October 14, 2019, 10:28:09 PM »

Not a guy and not bland at all. It is a P(O)C transgender lesbian....And do not denigrate Stormcasts! They are called Stormcasts, because they are born from climate change!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:33:11 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1209 on: October 14, 2019, 10:44:41 PM »
I like the skeleton pope

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #1210 on: October 14, 2019, 10:46:25 PM »
Necrophiliac....
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1211 on: October 14, 2019, 10:50:01 PM »
 :icon_eek: Looks like another Necron to me.  The walking machine reminds me of one of those hover craft machines.

I must be in ... a 40K thread!

:engel:

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1212 on: October 15, 2019, 05:45:09 PM »
Wow. Skeleton-bishop on walking skeleton-chicken-leg-throne. This looks ridiculous and awful ...

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1213 on: October 16, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
Wow. Skeleton-bishop on walking skeleton-chicken-leg-throne. This looks ridiculous and awful ...

I like the concept of the miniature. I dislike the chair, but the pose is cool. I'd like to see a necromancer sitting down on an undead chair like that.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1214 on: October 16, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
Strangely, I get a tomb kings vibe from this. When I first saw him I was aghast but he is growing on me
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1215 on: October 16, 2019, 12:01:32 PM »
I like the sitting cross leg pose.
I like the idea of being on a walker.

I hate the whole range of exoskeleton tyranid crap.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1216 on: October 16, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
Yep, it's the birth place of Necrons and Tyranids.  Ta da.  And it doesn't look good.

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #1217 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:04 PM »
It reminds me of some Slann Priests
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1218 on: October 17, 2019, 03:44:01 AM »
I actually thought of the Slann connection as well. The wizards pose I really like, I'm not a big fan of the weird walking chair. I could be really interested in some kind of flying bone chair. Maybe removing the legs and flattening the bottom.

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1219 on: October 17, 2019, 10:04:12 AM »
I'm thinking that a conversion between this and the spirit corpse cart is a neat idea. Some greenstuff to cover up the bones, a necromancer head instead of the Pope hat, and some necromancer throne bits instead of the walking bone, and you've got yourself a very cool model.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1220 on: October 17, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
The sitting figure is nice. The walking skeleton automaton not so.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1221 on: October 18, 2019, 03:16:34 AM »
Just a thought. Someone could make a Skeletor themed army with these new kits

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #1222 on: October 18, 2019, 12:40:24 PM »
Just a thought. Someone could make a Skeletor themed army with these new kits

The Skeletor picture was probably up on the wall at GW design studio. It's a lovably goofy army, I think. Not what I would have designed, but I appreciate how slef-humorous they are.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1223 on: October 18, 2019, 11:33:04 PM »
Its so awful I want to paint it lol  :-P
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1224 on: October 19, 2019, 04:18:42 AM »
I got better uses of my painting time ... like 6 mounted crossbows that still need to be finished. :icon_lol: