home

Author Topic: This Is It-The Final List Against My Local GW??? NEED C&C! 2500pts empire.  (Read 1843 times)

Offline zanzibar

• Members
G'day all. My first post on this website, so just like to say hey everyone!
Ok down to buisness...

Soon i shall be playing a showdown at my local GW with the local staff member and his WoC army. The game is at 2500 pts and this is a list i have been toying with, good magic defence and buffs with life and beasts lore... but this last 231 pts to spare is giving me some trouble... what to do with it???
Also is an archlecotr, 2 warrior priests and 2 mages too much for my power dice pool? should i eliminate my shield warrior priest? if so i will have 337 spare pts to work with...
THANKS EVERYONE

LORDS
Arch Lector. AoMI, Great Weapon.
Wizard Lord. Level 4, lore of life

HEROES
Warrior Priest, B. Warhorse, great Weapon, heavy Armour
Level 1 wizard, lore of beasts
Captain. BSB, full plate, enchanted shield
Warrior priest, Sheild, heavy armour, Dragonhelm
CORE
50 Halbediers, Full Command, Det. of 10 handgunners (5x10)
35 swordsmen, Full command, Det. of 10 handgunners (6x5)
SPECIAL
12 Inner Circle, Full Command
1 Great Cannon and 1 Mortar with 1 master engineer
5 Pistoliers, musician
5 Outriders, Musician

Now i could add 20 greatswords with full command to get 2499 pts... but this last 231 pts what should i do with it? any recomendations??? maybe VHS for lector???
Thanks Zan
+2 toughness for halbediers makin them t5, +1 st and +1 t for inner circle most likley etc...

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
VHS for the lector, and at least one more cannon and mortar. I would also consider switching to Lore of Metal or Shadow against WoC, and give your wizard lord the rod of power. I assume that you plan on pinning his blocks in place with yours while your knights hit the flank. Searing Doom will go along way towards clearing out any Chaos Knights you might otherwise have to fight on the flanks.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline UndeadEmpire

• Members
You still need 120 points of core to meet the minimum requirement. You only have 505 points, you need 625+. Detachments don't count towards core points.

Offline zanzibar

• Members
Thanks for your advice cannonofdoom. I'll post my adjusted list in accordance with your advice.

Im confused undead empire... 50 halbs, full command and 10 handunners = 350 points
35 swordsmen, full command and 10 handgunners = 315 points...
for 665 points total... well within the requirement... perhaps you didn't see the handgunners???

LORDS
Arch lecotr, VHS, AoMI, Great Weapon
Level 4 wizard, grey wand, rod of power, lore of metal
HEROES
Warrior priest, B. warhorse, heavy armour, great weapon
level 2 wizard, lore of death/beasts
master engineer
capt. BSB, full plate, enchanted shield
CORE
50 halbediers, FC, 10 handgunners
35 swordsmen, FC, 10 handgunners
SPECIAL
mortar
cannon
5 pistoliers, muso
5 outriders, muso
23 greatswords, fc

2503 pts total...

How does it look now fellas?

Offline UndeadEmpire

• Members
Im confused undead empire... 50 halbs, full command and 10 handunners = 350 points
35 swordsmen, full command and 10 handgunners = 315 points...
for 665 points total... well within the requirement... perhaps you didn't see the handgunners???

Detachments don't count towards core points.

You either have to take them as not detachments or add in more core.

Currently towards the core requirement you have

50 halb FC - 270
10 Handguns - 0 (detachments dont count)
35 swords FC - 235
10 Handguns - 0 (detachments dont count)

Total: 505/625+

Sorry, I don't mean to sound condescending or mean to offend you or anything, but I just don't know how to explain more clearly that detachments don't count towards the core minimum :(

I suggest just taking the knights as normal knights. They don't lose much and you fulfill the requirement

Offline zanzibar

• Members
Oh i didn't know that!
Sorry if i sounded angry, i was just confused and you didn't sound condescending at all mate.
I just wont take them as detachments, (as i like str 4 knights, str 3 doesnt do much for me at 23 pts a pop, planning on converting great weapons for these fellas soon enough anyway with the new rules)

But how does the list look to you guys?
Thanks, Zan

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
MOAR artillery!

23 greatswords isn't enough to be effective, so you may as well take another cannon and mortar.
Which gives you more points left over to add something else. Ie, a hellblaster. or some more fast cavalry.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
MOAR artillery!

23 greatswords isn't enough to be effective, so you may as well take another cannon and mortar.
Which gives you more points left over to add something else. Ie, a hellblaster. or some more fast cavalry.

Agreed. With the knights in there the greatswords would be a little redundant anyway, as you already have your hammer unit. 23 greatswords would just die too fast.

Offline zanzibar

• Members
Ok My Army list version 3.0
LORDS
Arch lecotr, VHS, AoMI, Great Weapon
Level 4 wizard, grey wand, rod of power, lore of metal
HEROES
Warrior priest, B. warhorse, heavy armour, great weapon
level 1 wizard, lore of death/beasts
master engineer
capt. BSB, full plate, enchanted shield, luckstone (re-roll 1st failed armour save)
CORE
50 halbediers, FC
10 handgunners.
35 swordsmen, FC
10 handgunners.
SPECIAL
2 mortars
2 cannons
5 pistoliers, muso
5 outriders, muso
Helblaster volley gun

2498 PTS TOTAL

So what i have done is removed the greatswords, added 1 mortar, 1 great cannon and 1 volley gun, the level 2 wizard is now level 1, but the BSB now gets a handy luckstone for that damned roll of a 1 that invariably occurs with a 2+ save.
How does this list look now? The game is in 3 days so the clock is ticking!
Thanks everyone, Zan
PS: Also since the handgunners are now no longer detachments, i was considering them to house one wizard each, anyone have much experience with this tactic? Do these small shooty units suit wizards or is it better to go solo with the magic chaps?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:46:31 AM by zanzibar »

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Putting the mages IN the handgunners makes your handgunners instantly a much higher priority target. Wizards are better on their own, within 3" of a block of infantry (preferably outside of 2.5") for that 4+ look out sir. If the enemy has enough artillery to worry you, they are better off in the bigger blocks, then removed before combat is met.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Level 4 cannot have both the grey wand and the rod of power. Two arcane items.

Offline zanzibar

• Members
I can put the rod of power with the level 1, and I'll keep those wizards close to the big blocks.
And the list now looks alright?

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Looks okay. I would use shadow rather than death on the lvl 1. The lore of death signature spell is not good for a LD7 wizard, and with a lvl 1 you want to guarantee a good spell.