home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812244 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #4750 on: May 06, 2013, 03:29:55 PM »
pretty much save cortana, see the launch of the pillar of autumn.  Also MC makes a cameo if I recall correctly.  Dont remember when/where just remember that I apparently missed it on my play through. I did like that they showed the mom lady from the book fall of reach.

MC's stasis pod can be glimpsed at the very very end.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4751 on: May 07, 2013, 03:32:24 AM »
okay, so I play a lot of BF2BC2.  The past 3 days this player has joined my clan in team speak and in server.  I didnt think much of her.  Did my normal "knifed ya" or "your down" thing to her like I do anyone else.  So she kept joining the next few days and making sure to join my squad.  So far we've been doing pretty good.  The server's went down tonight and she decided to put an app in to join the clan and has been trying hard to get me to try LoL.  So, I dont want to get totally schooled, does anyone know any beginners tips for LoL?
 :closed-eyes:

I am downloading it now and will probably start updates before going to work tomorrow.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #4752 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:42 AM »
My Friends, I am feeling unmotivated....
What is a good game I can just pick up to entertain myself for about 40 or so days? Nothing to expensive because I just gave my notice to get off work but I'm looking for something to keep me occupied while I still have my computer & xbox unpacked. Internet is off as well (I'm using my phone to type this) but I can probably still get on steam and such if I have to ( I love my neighbors, I never have to buy internet, they even gave me the password). Last games I actually sat down and played for any length of time was Doom 3 BFG edition, Skyrim, and Mount and Blade. Thoughts?
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4753 on: May 07, 2013, 04:09:26 AM »
okay, so I play a lot of BF2BC2.  The past 3 days this player has joined my clan in team speak and in server.  I didnt think much of her.  Did my normal "knifed ya" or "your down" thing to her like I do anyone else.  So she kept joining the next few days and making sure to join my squad.  So far we've been doing pretty good.  The server's went down tonight and she decided to put an app in to join the clan and has been trying hard to get me to try LoL.  So, I dont want to get totally schooled, does anyone know any beginners tips for LoL?

I am downloading it now and will probably start updates before going to work tomorrow.

Add me as a friend and I will teach you all I know. Cannonofdoom of course.

Some of these tips won't make sense until you play a couple games.

Quick tips: Last hit minions. You only get gold farm when you score the last hit on minions. Keep your character moving back and forth in order to control when you attack so that you aren't just standing there auto attacking while your minions score last hits and waste precious monies.
Don't die for no reason if you can help it. I see way too many people (and I am guilty of this too) who get so greedy trying to kill an enemy they end up getting way out on their own in the jungle or under a tower and die while the enemy escapes with 10 hp. It's okay to let them escape and have the lane to yourself for a while.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4754 on: May 07, 2013, 04:54:34 AM »
What is a good game I can just pick up to entertain myself for about 40 or so days? Nothing to expensive because I just gave my notice to get off work but I'm looking for something to keep me occupied while I still have my computer & xbox unpacked. Internet is off as well (I'm using my phone to type this) but I can probably still get on steam and such if I have to ( I love my neighbors, I never have to buy internet, they even gave me the password). Last games I actually sat down and played for any length of time was Doom 3 BFG edition, Skyrim, and Mount and Blade. Thoughts?

Mount and Blade Warband Prophecy of Pendor.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4755 on: May 07, 2013, 06:02:09 AM »

Minecraft is fairly cheap and you can get lost in it for months.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #4756 on: May 07, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »

Played Deus Ex: Human Revolution already?
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4757 on: May 07, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »
Note to Skyrim:

How is it stealing a horse if the damn thing is wandering by itself in the wilderness, with no owner in sight?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4758 on: May 07, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »
Note to Skyrim:

How is it stealing a horse if the damn thing is wandering by itself in the wilderness, with no owner in sight?
I once found one standing in the middle of no-where east of whiterun.  I looked around and found a dead khajit next to it.  The horseshoe was still read, but I took all the same!

Add me as a friend and I will teach you all I know. Cannonofdoom of course.

Some of these tips won't make sense until you play a couple games.

Quick tips: Last hit minions. You only get gold farm when you score the last hit on minions. Keep your character moving back and forth in order to control when you attack so that you aren't just standing there auto attacking while your minions score last hits and waste precious monies.
Don't die for no reason if you can help it. I see way too many people (and I am guilty of this too) who get so greedy trying to kill an enemy they end up getting way out on their own in the jungle or under a tower and die while the enemy escapes with 10 hp. It's okay to let them escape and have the lane to yourself for a while.

Hehe this is gonna be good.  She's a big AT nerd too so this is gonna get interesting.  Chances are I'll still get my ass kicked.  :closed-eyes:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4759 on: May 07, 2013, 02:37:57 PM »
Did you add me?

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4760 on: May 07, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »
nah man.  I downloaded it last night, started the install before I went to work.  I understand there will be updates? Will probably start those when I get home.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4761 on: May 07, 2013, 02:56:31 PM »
nah man.  I downloaded it last night, started the install before I went to work.  I understand there will be updates? Will probably start those when I get home.

Okay.   :unsure:

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #4762 on: May 08, 2013, 02:02:39 AM »
Mount and Blade Warband Prophecy of Pendor.
Downloading!
Minecraft is fairly cheap and you can get lost in it for months.
I have Minecraft and I loved it but it can get fairly dry....
Played Deus Ex: Human Revolution already?
Actually I haven't! I asked my buddy if he will let me borrow it for the Xbox. Thanks for the tip  :::cheers::: I probably would have never even thought about it.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4763 on: May 08, 2013, 02:27:45 AM »
I hear there's a great game of thrones mod for Mount and blade. One of my good buddies plays it all the time.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4764 on: May 08, 2013, 04:00:18 AM »
so I just got back from playing some LoL (send an invite to Fawin86, CoD)  with that girl and I think it was actually kind of date.  :Ohmy:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #4765 on: May 08, 2013, 04:11:17 AM »
so I just got back from playing some LoL (send an invite to Fawin86, CoD)  with that girl and I think it was actually kind of date.  :Ohmy:

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #4766 on: May 08, 2013, 09:11:16 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFJOgnVbSYM

"Xbox720" update vid.  The main points:

1. Microsoft has backed away from the "always on" internet requirement, likely due to backlash.
2. EA has announced that their next major release will not have the DRM requirements, likely due to backlash from the SimCity debacle.

Score two for the good guys!  :::cheers:::
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4767 on: May 08, 2013, 09:21:53 PM »
EA had a rough 2013, profit warnings and so on.

Our only hope is for consumers to continue to trash them.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4768 on: May 08, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »

your picture not worky in forum, its a hand though.

seriously it was weird.  I was expecting a tough fight but instead we just talked more than played.  We talked about work(she's a scientist), adventure time, music, movies, tv shows, anecdotes.  It reminds me of a few blind dates ive been on.  Next thing I know she demands to be facebook buddies.  Going through my pictures and stuff.  Nerdy and cute.  Too bad she's on the other side of the continent.  Oddly enough both are parents reside in Maine.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #4769 on: May 08, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »
At least in Australia from what I've seen, several science sectors (biology mostly) are dominated by women in the 20-35 age bracket, and they have trouble meeting guys if they don't go drinking after work with non work buddies. There are at least 4-5 really good looking partner less women my age at my work, they don't shy away from the fact that they're looking for blokes. They hit on my single buddy constantly, and some have hit on me, despite knowing I'm married with a baby due in July...

Gaming wise, can't wait for more Dark Souls 2 info. Looks amazing, as expected.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #4770 on: May 09, 2013, 12:21:41 AM »
I just got my hands on the CoH Anthology and am having a blast with it. The British are my faction of choice so far mostly due to the fact that Canadians are in the campaign :P

That and they have a good weapon selection on their Infantry Sections and some nice tanks.

The units I like most would probably be:
#1: Sappers
#2: Stuart Light Tanks
#3: Brens
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:29:04 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #4771 on: May 09, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »
At least in Australia from what I've seen, several science sectors (biology mostly) are dominated by women in the 20-35 age bracket, and they have trouble meeting guys if they don't go drinking after work with non work buddies. There are at least 4-5 really good looking partner less women my age at my work, they don't shy away from the fact that they're looking for blokes. They hit on my single buddy constantly, and some have hit on me, despite knowing I'm married with a baby due in July...
interesting.  makes sense.  I think her telling guys that she dissects rat brains may turn some dudes away.

trying to figure out if I should get blood dragon or not.  its $15, but something tells me I should wait.  :unsure:
― Jake the Dog

Offline thundercake

• Members
« Reply #4772 on: May 09, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
For anyone that has played a total war game, Rome 2s release date was announced today. It will be out September 3rd. If anyone needs to kill the time till then, here is a little plog I started of Scotland conquering everything, hopefully, in Medieval 2.

http://imgur.com/a/OPhS0

Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #4773 on: May 09, 2013, 03:01:18 AM »
So for those of you who don't know this about me, which is all of you since I don't disclose personal information that often, I am a big D&D fan.  And while 4th ed. has raped out of combat roleplaying (like philly rapes underage girls apparantly? check the consent thread, I don't know either*) the action is very strong in combat. Which leads me to my point:

Neverwinter - nw.perfectworld.com

Neverwinter, a F2PMMO or Free to Play Massively Multiplayer Online Game, has just gone into open beta.  It's fun, though being a perfect world game any micro-transactions are actually Super-Expensive-Transactions, so don't buy anything.  At the moment it only has a handful of races (dwarf, elf, human, teifling, halfling, half-elf) and classes (cleric, wizard, rogue, fighter) with many more planned but the action and gameplay are solid, the crafting, companion and mount systems are good, and the community is helpful and large.

The first hour or so is basically just a tutorial so don't judge it by it's cover (introduction), which is pathetically easy for those of us used to RPG's and MMO's. 

One very interesting thing about the game is the Foundry which is basically a level editing system where people can design their own instances, determine the XP and Rewards and publish them to be played by anyone on any server.  The system is of course supervised and highly regulated so that it can't be exploited which leads to a lot of balanced additional content (from grinding for XP to high RP). 

Anyway, check it out.

Edit: I should say that for anyone interested I'm on the Mindflayer Shard - '/tell Turiel@Athiuen' to message me.

*Here's the consent thread thingy:
Tell that to the judge, pedo-rapist.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:04:47 AM by Athiuen »
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #4774 on: May 09, 2013, 08:04:51 AM »

Gaming wise, can't wait for more Dark Souls 2 info. Looks amazing, as expected.

I have to book a visit to Australia.