home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812258 times)

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #8950 on: May 13, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
Well I played 2 AI games to practice. I hate it already! Good going!
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #8951 on: May 14, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
So... did anyone preordered Witcher 3? What are your system rigs for this beast of a game? I'll probably have to invest in a new PC...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 02:42:28 PM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #8952 on: May 14, 2015, 07:33:57 PM »
So... did anyone preordered Withcher 3? What are your system rigs for this beast of a game? I'll probably have to invest in a new PC...

Pre-ordered it a while ago and yeah upgraded my compy for as well. I'd been running on the same vid card since 2011 so was about the right time. Now I picked up a GTX 960 and 8 more gigs of ram to put me at 16, should be fine though most likely not something where I can run this at insano-ultra type settings.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #8953 on: May 17, 2015, 06:36:54 AM »
So... did anyone preordered Withcher 3? What are your system rigs for this beast of a game? I'll probably have to invest in a new PC...

Pre-ordered it a while ago and yeah upgraded my compy for as well. I'd been running on the same vid card since 2011 so was about the right time. Now I picked up a GTX 960 and 8 more gigs of ram to put me at 16, should be fine though most likely not something where I can run this at insano-ultra type settings.

I have a GTX 720. Probably will have to upgrade it not to mention buying more RAM...
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #8954 on: May 17, 2015, 09:55:46 AM »
GTX 960 should do pretty well at 1080p, depends on how well they've optimised the game. GT 720 probably won't cut it, unfortunately!
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #8955 on: May 18, 2015, 08:39:06 AM »

I'm definitely waiting several months before getting the game, I may miss out on the initial hype but my wallet will thank me later. :icon_wink:

I recently purchased Morrowind and haven't played it yet, is it as lackluster as you guys say?

Also, thinking of downloading and playing dota 2 tomorrow.  Good or bad idea?

P.S. Regarding Noble's question on what Sotfs is, it's the initials of the dark soul expansion "Scholar of the first sin".
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:42:38 AM by Baron von Klatz »
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #8956 on: May 18, 2015, 08:41:55 AM »
To be honest, if you like Skyrim I'm sure you'll love Morrowind. All my friends preferred it over Oblivion.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #8957 on: May 18, 2015, 08:53:12 AM »
Thanks for the advice Sig.

Seems the elder scrolls franchise is enjoyable up until the mmo. I can't blame the angered fans though, the game seemed made to take all your money(couldn't believe you had to pay extra just for the imperial race).

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8958 on: May 18, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
I still prefer Morrowind over Oblivion and Skyrim. Do you have the expansions? There are also some nice plug-ins for free.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8959 on: May 18, 2015, 02:26:21 PM »
Anyone looking at Axiom Verge?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #8960 on: May 18, 2015, 03:26:24 PM »
I still prefer Morrowind over Oblivion and Skyrim. Do you have the expansions? There are also some nice plug-ins for free.

I don't have the expansions but that is interesting to hear though.

Anyone looking at Axiom Verge?

I am now, I really like the metroid style of the game.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8961 on: May 18, 2015, 03:40:03 PM »
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Official_Plug-ins

Make sure to take at least the Master Index. It will help you move around the world a bit easier.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #8962 on: May 18, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »
I second Fidelis' recommendation.

The dialogue is strictly text-based - just as a "warning" if that is an issue for you. But it's a really great game.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #8963 on: May 19, 2015, 07:31:05 AM »

Don't do this to yourself. You''' not have time to do ANYTHING else and the player base is really shitty, like "worst than dudes playing Call of Duty" shitty.

On a side note I do play Call of Duty, but I'm not a troll.

Gneisenau

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #8964 on: May 19, 2015, 09:42:26 AM »
Actually bothered to Platinum Bloodborne. Nothing left to do there I guess.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8965 on: May 19, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
I prefer Smite as a Moba primarily because the community seems better. I've very rarely been cursed out, or seen fights for lanes, etc.

It doesn't happen all the time when I play Dota or Lol but it does happen a lot. Some people take their video games way to seriously.

That said one of my favorite pieces of comedy was that letter from the LoL community to parents. Hilarious stuff.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #8966 on: May 19, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »
I prefer Smite as a Moba primarily because the community seems better. I've very rarely been cursed out, or seen fights for lanes, etc.

It doesn't happen all the time when I play Dota or Lol but it does happen a lot. Some people take their video games way to seriously.

That said one of my favorite pieces of comedy was that letter from the LoL community to parents. Hilarious stuff.
What letter to parents?!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8968 on: May 19, 2015, 06:15:35 PM »
^Ya that baby! Parents shouldn't be allowed to stop their kids playing because it damages the scores of other players. At one point the comment section was just comedy gold.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #8969 on: May 20, 2015, 10:24:23 PM »
Thanks for the link, Fidelis, very kind of you.

I second Fidelis' recommendation.

The dialogue is strictly text-based - just as a "warning" if that is an issue for you. But it's a really great game.

Text is hardly a deterrent, especially when compared to Skyrim's total of 5 voices for the hundreds of characters in it.

Don't do this to yourself. You''' not have time to do ANYTHING else and the player base is really shitty, like "worst than dudes playing Call of Duty" shitty.

On a side note I do play Call of Duty, but I'm not a troll.

Boy you weren't kidding, I got on for a quick half hour game and it took an hour and a half. The players were alright, though the majority were noobs like me so that probably factored in.

All in all I plan on dropping the game as I have better things to do that make better use of my time. It is fun though, just not something I can commit to.

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/bEhf1EPt-open-letter-to-parents-of-league-of-legends-players

There are no words, just wow...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:28:46 PM by Baron von Klatz »

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #8970 on: May 22, 2015, 10:06:07 AM »
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #8971 on: May 22, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/miscellaneous/bEhf1EPt-open-letter-to-parents-of-league-of-legends-players

That was so bad, I'm grounding my hypothetical future kid from League of Legends for a week so I can disconnect him as punishment.

Also:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:41:27 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #8972 on: May 27, 2015, 09:11:07 PM »
I've never played a Witcher game, and having watched a bit of play on the Youtubes I can't see myself starting now.  Doesn't look very interesting to me at all.  Side note, the voice acting is atrocious.

Bloodborne: I've spent I don't know how long messing around in chalice dungeons, but gawds they're boring.  I picked up the beast claws and the two armour sets that are only found after beating certain chalice bosses, and then gave up.  Beaten Gehrman, I call super-cheap on some of his moves (like the scythe-hook that reaches for miles, has tracking and a broken hit-box of almost DS2 proportions, and then sets you up for an insta-kill undodgeable combo) but I guess that just confirms that hunter enemies are by far the hardest in the game.  Only got the super-secret final boss to go, but I still want to farm up some twin shards and chunks so I can get all my weapons up to at least +6, preferably higher.  I have a plan to do a random-weapon-swap-after-every-death challenge run in NG+.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #8973 on: May 27, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »
I did them just for platinum. Got that, done now. Apparently next patch makes boosting weapons much easier.

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #8974 on: May 27, 2015, 11:11:55 PM »
There was a patch came out yesterday or the day before.  You can buy chunks for 30 insight now.  With all my accumulated soft and hard insight I could maybe get five.  Bleh.  I'd rather they were sold for echoes - even at 100k a pop it'd be worth it, since that's about five minutes of grinding in Nightmare of Mensis.  As far as I know the only ways to farm insight are 1) keep running through chalice dungeons to the bosses (boooooooooring) and 2) win at PvP (way above my skill level).