home

Author Topic: Are the minis for other Warhammer armies going to be redone AoS style?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
Can anyone point me toward some info regarding the aesthetic direction that GW will be taking with the minis for other armies/races in Warhammer now that they have this new AoS stuff going on?

Are GW going to stop making the current style of minis and go in this totally new direction with dwarfs, elfs, Orcs, etc?

Sorry, if I appear to be crawling out of a rock. I abandoned GW products completely in 2008 or 2009, I can't remember exactly, so I guess I have been living under a rock when it comes to Warhammer.

I really like the new look models for AoS, they remind me of Chronopia, so I'm thinking about picking up the AoS starter and I'm hoping that GW will be releasing dwarfs, elves and Orcs with this Chronopia-like style.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I've traveled all over this world, from Alabama to Louisiana, and one thing I've found is that people always want to do good.
--Maxwell Custer

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
Re: Are the minis for other Warhammer armies going to be redone AoS style?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
Well, there is nothing but rumor out there right now.

However, they just rereleased the Wood Elf Treepeople sets - those are the same models as before, but now repackaged for AoS.

The Dwarfs are described as "steamhead Duradin" and are suspected to be some kind of steampunk thingie. Also, the Red Slayers are a Dwarven faction of mercenaries fighting for Ur-Gold ... which is rumored to be the fractured body of their god they are trying to reassemble!

Man, I love this background...
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »
This is all speculation from me, not news and not rumour.

Given that we've seen no Aelfs or Duardin in any of the artwork or photos of models in the book, other than Fyreslayers, I suspect both are going to get a major stylistic overhaul. 

The treemen and Dryads appear to have been split off into a new race of Sylvaneth.   Not sure if they will even have any affiliation with Aelfves from now on.

The only humans we've seen are warrior priests and flagellants, and the War Atlar.  I expect Both Bretonnia and Empire are getting replaced with a new human faction at some point, but not one that resembles anything from earth history.

Orruks feature in artwork, and are pretty much as they are now.  The big green hulky with tusks look for Orcs/OrksOrruks is pretty much GW's look to start with.

The undead look I expect to be more unified, and to be honest more in line with the End Times Undead stuff.

Ogors are also pictured, so I expect them to stay pretty much the same look.

Chaos stuff will still look like Chaos, and that now includes Skaven

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »
This is all speculation from me, not news and not rumour.

Given that we've seen no Aelfs or Duardin in any of the artwork or photos of models in the book, other than Fyreslayers, I suspect both are going to get a major stylistic overhaul. 

The treemen and Dryads appear to have been split off into a new race of Sylvaneth.   Not sure if they will even have any affiliation with Aelfves from now on.

The only humans we've seen are warrior priests and flagellants, and the War Atlar.  I expect Both Bretonnia and Empire are getting replaced with a new human faction at some point, but not one that resembles anything from earth history.

Orruks feature in artwork, and are pretty much as they are now.  The big green hulky with tusks look for Orcs/OrksOrruks is pretty much GW's look to start with.

The undead look I expect to be more unified, and to be honest more in line with the End Times Undead stuff.

Ogors are also pictured, so I expect them to stay pretty much the same look.

Chaos stuff will still look like Chaos, and that now includes Skaven

About chaos, I don't think we will see WoC and DoC though, but both those mixed and mingled within Khorne Bloodbound, Nurgle's Plague legions and some Slaaneth stuff and skaven mostly as is
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 03:04:58 PM »
I agree with both the above.

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 11:57:47 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. So it sounds like it is anyone's guess then. I guess I should wait and see how things develop before picking up a copy, since they may not keep going with this Chronopia vibe then.

Cheers!
I've traveled all over this world, from Alabama to Louisiana, and one thing I've found is that people always want to do good.
--Maxwell Custer

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 12:50:18 AM »
Well, if you like the models in the starter set no harm in picking it up - I mean, if you like those, you will at least have THOSE models in the style you like, even if there aren't any other models they release you do!

And you can always field the Chronocopia models you do like as Dwarfs :)

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 02:06:58 AM »
Yeah, I'm not really a mix and match kind of guy with minis.

If they are going to make elves and dwarves in big chunky AoS armor (like Chronopia) then I'd be in for sure.

But I wouldn't enjoy using the new style AoS models next to the old style Warhammer Fantasy models. They look like they belong in different games.

It's just an aesthetic thing for me, that's all.
--Maxwell Custer