home

Author Topic: photo bucket sucks  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
photo bucket sucks
« on: July 27, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »
So photobucket took my pics down what servers do you use now?  :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline carturello

• Members
  • Tilean soldier, at your service.
Re: photo bucket sucks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 04:25:15 PM »
I use Flickr, it's good and free, generate automatic BB code

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:32:56 PM »
Don't tell me you just noticed? 

Here is one we prepapred earlier: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52209.0

I switched to imgur myself.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 05:17:51 PM »
Don't tell me you just noticed? 

Here is one we prepapred earlier: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52209.0

I switched to imgur myself.

I guess so, just got an email from them saying they will no longer allow me to use the photo's for a third party server. Well unless I pay them
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 06:49:43 PM »
Photobucket's going down like a sinking ship on fire.  They won't last very long pulling this stunt.  Most of their customers will leave, and some other company will take their place. 

BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS if you don't want to pay for them in the near future!  Mark my words, they will start forcing you to pay them just for the right to store them on their site, and won't give you access to them until you do!

I'm storing all of mine on an external hard drive (a good idea anyway) and then uploading to a site.

I've still got a subscription with Photobucket until the end of the year, so I can still host and use pics there, but I'm going to wait a bit and see if one company rises above the rest as the replacement for Photobucket.

Offline Qrab

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
I use pbase.com. The annual charge is reasonable.