home

Author Topic: Espleth von Draken  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Leonid Ursukov

• Members
Espleth von Draken
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:25:18 AM »
I don't know how many of you own this model or have seen it on the table, but a friend of mine has the model and only wants the dragon.

My question is if it would be possible to put Espleth on a horse? I'm sure her positioning on the side wouldn't be a problem, since it's the same thing they did with the Bretonnian Fay Enchantress, but her cloak would probably be way too long... Any suggestions to fixing that (would be a shame to not use all that detail...)
Has anybody tried it yet?

If she can be put on a horse, that would make an awesome mounted wizard for my army :-D
Venimus, Vidimus, Ursun vincit!

Offline takenoko

• Members
  • Altdorf will prevail!
Re: Espleth von Draken
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:58:24 AM »
I have her, stil awaiting assembly. Her cloak/skirt is incredibly long, and is lifted by a familiar. If you remodelled her, cut the cloak at an appropriate length, she could probably be mounted like the old Morgan Le Fay model. But you will have to do some cutting, the cloak is easily twice her length...

Oh, and the throne doesn't attach to her back, so you don't need to worry about that, unless you were planning on using the whole saddle.

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 09:22:31 AM »
Put her on a captasus?

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »
Put her on a captasus? Not on a pegasus, but a captasus?

He's never going to get any fighting done with a cute Death mage on his lap . . .
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
That's what you get from thinking two things at once (make her a captasus/put her on a pegasus) and only write one.  :blush:

Offline Leonid Ursukov

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »
Hahaha, I don't think either of them would do much on that pegasus xD

But it's a great idea to put her on a pegasus! I'll take a Wood Elf Warhawk and put her on that, so her cloak can flow freely. Then say it's a hawk of Miska (the founder of Kislev, pretty much) and count it as a pegasus :icon_biggrin:

Now only to find out how to put her on a captasus' lap...  :-P
Venimus, Vidimus, Ursun vincit!

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »
Joke about the "casket of sorcery" in three, two, one . . .

Offline Deuce

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »
I've just had a fiddle around with her (not like that) with a variety of different horses. The cloak is too long for pretty much all the available horses, but not by a ludicrous amount. Getting her to fit in the saddle itself should be pretty easy; it's just a question of lifting her high enough from the ground that the cloak isn't trailing on the ground. If you use a relatively large horse, like the Empire General one, or one of the old Bretonnian horses (I couldn't find a spare outrider horse to try) and mount it on a scenic base with a bit of height I think you can get away with it. I think one of the old Bretonnian horses would suit the figure well, with their cloth barding. Obviously the barded knight horses are far too small for her.

Or you could put her on a pegasus, which is probably a good idea. The Balthasar Gelt pegasus will probably be too small, but the older Empire pegasus should be big enough, or one mounted on a flying base.

Of course, if your friend only wants the dragon it's possible to buy it separately; you just can't get Elspeth on her own.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
You can heat resin and bend it, so you could curve the train up a fair bit so it is not dragging on the ground.