home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 667829 times)

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #1300 on: May 15, 2012, 04:21:02 AM »
And when people don't respond on this particular thread it either means you where way the hell off base or they are busy buying models...

hello? did I kill the conversation?
It’s all about Renaissance Punk.

Offline Justnorth

• Members
« Reply #1301 on: May 15, 2012, 09:17:46 AM »

Urrrggghghhkkkkk...
GW can pucker their skanky lips and suck my arse.

He's French. Since when do his plans have to be feasible?

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #1302 on: May 15, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »
Yup.... killed it.

I hereby promise to never "wallypost" in the "Other Manufacturers" thread again. Sorry Guys.
 :|

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1303 on: May 15, 2012, 03:38:54 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I stuck Empire State troops arms onto Perry WOTR bodies.
IMG
What do they look like with the halberds/spears from gw on them?

The guy third from the viewer's right is a Perry with GW halberd.

Some others may be, but he definitely is.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline TheElectorCount43

• Members
« Reply #1304 on: May 15, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I stuck Empire State troops arms onto Perry WOTR bodies.
IMG
What do they look like with the halberds/spears from gw on them?

The guy third from the viewer's right is a Perry with GW halberd.

Some others may be, but he definitely is.
Thanks, third guy back from the rank on the left is a gw halberd wielder too

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #1305 on: May 15, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »
And when people don't respond on this particular thread it either means you where way the hell off base or they are busy buying models...

Or sick. And packing up to move.

I've been eyeing-up some of the other Safari figures. Considering the cheap price, they're pretty decent. As soon as I'm settled in the new house I'm anxious to get busy on my demi-not-griffins. Curious how convertible the material is, how well paint & putty will stick to it, etc.

I've bought some of the Mega-Minis animals. The pack of dogs is great, and they're definitely the go-to source if you're building a penguin swarm.  :-D I haven't tried any of their humans/humanoids yet. Maybe I should look into some of their civilians.

I picked up a Ramshackle figure a few years ago, and got a free sample of a mini version of that squig-like thing. (I gave it to a friend who has an O&G army.) The figures are OK. I was disappointed that there is a bit of a mold line where the two halves don't quite align. With all of that drapery, it will be hard to hide. Still haven't painted him. What do you think -- witch hunter?

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #1306 on: May 15, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
With a good paint job , it's doable. :mrgreen:
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline towishimp

• Members
« Reply #1307 on: May 15, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »

This thread is a little sporadic in posting.  People tend to post new stuff they find, a few people say "those look great, thanks" and then the thread quiets down until the next new pics are posted.  It's not you.  :-)
One cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often. -- Erich Fromm

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #1308 on: May 16, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »
This thread is a little sporadic in posting.  People tend to post new stuff they find, a few people say "those look great, thanks" and then the thread quiets down until the next new pics are posted.  It's not you.  :-)

Ignore him. It *is* you.  :icon_twisted:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #1309 on: May 25, 2012, 03:49:00 AM »

http://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_34&products_id=2723

Perry brothers supply liquid courage for your troops! I see an Imperial Brew Train on the horizon...

edit: Ah! Some Italian figures as well... http://www.perry-miniatures.com/index.php?cPath=23_64

Offline Justnorth

• Members
« Reply #1310 on: May 25, 2012, 02:25:01 PM »
Very nice, put that one on the Perry's tab.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1311 on: May 26, 2012, 01:08:49 AM »
BTD has everything on for 50% off with free shipping again:

http://www.blacktreedesign.com/northamerica/home.php

HISTORICAL AND FANTASY

EVERYTHING 50% OFF!
DOCTOR WHO 25% OFF!
AND FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS
OVER £20/$30/30 EUROS

We kick off our Ginormous week-long Rolling Sale with a Lightning Bolt! The BTD Memorial Day Sale is 50% off Everything in the Range (25% off all Doctor Who!) and We will throw in Free Shipping on all orders over £20/$30/30 Euros. This is big! This will run until midnight on Monday May 28th so please hurry. You don't want to miss the best prices of the year!

Important! You must be a Premium Member and Signed In to receive Free Shipping.

Our Rolling Thunder Sale continues all next week. Stay tuned for newsletters giving you all the Fantastic News!

Please remember to log in to see all the Wonderful Sale Prices and Free Shipping. If you are not a Premium Member you will need to join. It's easy and it's Free.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Justnorth

• Members
« Reply #1312 on: May 26, 2012, 07:42:40 AM »
Hmmm... good time to pick up more Camel riders for my Crusades period Army of Islam.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #1313 on: May 26, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
Most of their models look like GW's did 25 years ago. Their Bretonnians and Dwarves are alright though.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1314 on: May 26, 2012, 12:22:33 PM »
I think that's part of the charm though, for those of us who like that period.  You want some old school savage orc units?  Theirs look like they would mix in nicely.  Their dwarf greatbeard warriors have a nice imperial feel, and fit in pretty nice with the marauder dwarf imperial ironbreakers and hammerers.  Some of the figures are just awful, but lots are quite nice.

For the price, their historicals are pretty sweet too IMO.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Justnorth

• Members
« Reply #1315 on: May 26, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
I think that's part of the charm though, for those of us who like that period.

That is exactly right.
I much prefer that look to the angular plastics coming out of GW's CAD machines.

Some of the figures are just awful, but lots are quite nice.

Agreed they do have some shockers in their catalogue, but then you can say that about any figure manufacturer.
Their big hydra is an excellent model and very well priced.

For the price, their historicals are pretty sweet too IMO.

Those are what I particularly like from Black tree, they mix in well into the back ranks of units of other more expensive and slightly better sculpted historicals, but they also provide pose variation within a unit.

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #1316 on: May 26, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
Not to be a wet blanket, but many years back when they had a big sale there was a lot of unhappiness amongst members of the TMP over the time it took for their orders to arrive and how BTD responded to that. I'm not saying don't order, but it's probably reasonable to expect a long turnover time.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1317 on: May 26, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
I have bought a few times off them in the last couple of years or so, and they have got better - they still take anything from 2-4 weeks, but their operation is split across Texas in the USA, Cornwall in England, and they use Grendel in Scotland to spin some of the minis.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline WallyTWest

• Members
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #1318 on: May 27, 2012, 04:46:01 AM »
2 years ago I ordered some dwarves for my birthday when I was 25...

I received the last of them the following year when I was 26... they took their sweet time getting them to me...

Offline Justnorth

• Members
« Reply #1319 on: May 27, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »
They are not rip off artists, they are honest and they can be slow, sometimes.
I have never had anything take longer than 2 weeks to arrive from BT, but I understand others have had issues.
I ordered an in stock product from Wayland games and it took a month to arrive when I would expect a three day turn around.
I order historical miniatures from BT so speedy delivery is not essential.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1320 on: May 27, 2012, 07:56:54 AM »
Black ree has never let me down, and I have quite a lot of their stuff.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1321 on: May 27, 2012, 09:22:22 AM »
I am a Premium member and I get the weekly newsletter.
I pick and choose when they have stuff on offer and you can generally buy at 35% or more if you wait.
So again like JN I am not in a rush to get the stuff.

The only thing I really suffered on was an order for Spahi cavalry where they had lost the champion mould - however they asked if I wanted to swap and gave me a bonus pack as compensation.

They can be slow but they are reasonable to deal with - responding to emails.

I must admit I did place an order last night ............ their cavalry is usually exempt from most of their special offers so I waded in with some Late Romans, Normans, and a few Saxons and Vikings.

I had some spare cash as GW didn't get much money out of me at new Empire time ................

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #1322 on: May 27, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »
Sorry - my point was that with a huge discount orders can be overwhelming and they may take longer than usual to cast and then post the orders, not that they are routinely slow

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #1323 on: May 27, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »
I had some spare cash

I'll have that!  :engel:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1324 on: May 27, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »
I had some spare cash

I'll have that!  :engel:

Yeah but they had 50% off for the weekend and you didn't .......................

Your price will still be the same next week.

:engel:

PS. Did you get your package - I posted it Saturday the 19th.